Is anyone else having issues with WiFi staying connected on K1? From all appearances, looks like it's on, connected, strong signal, but I get nothing. Apps won't load, browser doesn't work, all things WiFi seem on, but zip... Have been having the issue since the last update and I just updated to the next latest update today, when it was pushed to my device. Didn't fix the issue. Same issues... using K1 on TMO, USA.
    05-18-18 10:43 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with WiFi staying connected on K1? From all appearances, looks like it's on, connected, strong signal, but I get nothing. Apps won't load, browser doesn't work, all things WiFi seem on, but zip... Have been having the issue since the last two update and I just updated to the next latest update today, when it was pushed to my device. Didn't fix the issue. Same issues...
    It has been reported by others, yes.

Although some have also said the May patch fixed their WiFi issues.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    05-18-18 10:47 PM
    the May patch did - definitely - not fix my WiFi issues... I wish...
    05-18-18 10:51 PM
    yup. both my wife and I have been having this issue on our KEYone's.
    05-18-18 10:55 PM
    the May patch did - definitely - not fix my WiFi issues... I wish...
    yup. both my wife and I have been having this issue on our KEYone's.
    Just switch to 2.4GHz.
    05-18-18 10:56 PM
    I've been using 5GHz as I was getting super slow download speeds on 2.4GHz
    05-18-18 11:01 PM
    oddly enough, the last 2 days I've been having battery drain issues (no new apps installed or anything either). Android System is using 65% battery and Download Media is at 31% .... no clue what's going on. ugh.
    05-18-18 11:02 PM
    Just switch to 2.4GHz.
    While the 5GHz connection is unreliable the 2.4GHz is super slow in comparison; I have a 400/30 line and I only get 20/20 when using 2.4GHz. It's usable, but slow.

SE, T Mobile, May 8th OTA.
    05-19-18 01:02 AM
    No WiFi issues after update.
    05-19-18 03:50 AM
    No WiFi issues after update.
    I haven't had an update since February, the may update has broken my wifi- seems connected but no data comes through until I turn wifi off then on again.
    Battery worse too.

Great, wish I'd stayed on February now!
    05-19-18 05:36 AM
    I've been using 5GHz as I was getting super slow download speeds on 2.4GHz
    Mine just started having problems today. 2.4 connects but no Internet. 5 seems ok.
    05-19-18 11:29 AM
    Working again!
    05-23-18 10:30 PM
    No problems with my wifi but others reported that a fix may be to "forget" the wifi band that you are not using. If you use 5 then "forget" the 2.4 connection. What I am thinking is that your K1 may be auto connecting to both bands??!
    05-24-18 04:37 AM
    No problems with my wifi but others reported that a fix may be to "forget" the wifi band that you are not using. If you use 5 then "forget" the 2.4 connection. What I am thinking is that your K1 may be auto connecting to both bands??!
    For me, I have always had both bands setup at home without a problem until recently. Now it is back to using 2.4.
    05-24-18 06:47 AM
    Unfortunately, this is not possible for me with Google WiFi. Both bands are always active and the AP steers clients to the band it believes will be faster. They are under the SSID, and neither band or channel selection is configurable. On either AP or KeyONE. And my phone, while temporarily seeming to limit itself to 2.4GHz, is back to being unusable at home. Ugh.
    05-26-18 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately, this is not possible for me with Google WiFi. Both bands are always active and the AP steers clients to the band it believes will be faster. They are under the SSID, and neither band or channel selection is configurable. On either AP or KeyONE. And my phone, while temporarily seeming to limit itself to 2.4GHz, is back to being unusable at home. Ugh.
    Same here with my Atlantic Broadband. Can't 'choose' the band it connects to, as my system is only 1 connect point on the WiFi network, then it decides where to put it. Sucks...
    05-26-18 06:30 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with WiFi staying connected on K1? From all appearances, looks like it's on, connected, strong signal, but I get nothing. Apps won't load, browser doesn't work, all things WiFi seem on, but zip... Have been having the issue since the last update and I just updated to the next latest update today, when it was pushed to my device. Didn't fix the issue. Same issues... using K1 on TMO, USA.
    Wi-Fi has been working perfectly with my BlackBerry KEYone on Public Mobile in Canada. Any disconnects have been at the ISP provided cable modem; resolved by rebooting the cable modem. The smartphone connected to the Wi-Fi AP which is wired to the cable modem so it definitely has been the cable modem each time. Any public Wi-Fi connects easily; I use a VPN service so public Wi-Fi is not an issue.
    05-26-18 08:32 PM
    I'm still having the wifi issue. Support aren't very helpful. It stops working 2-3 times a day, turning off wifi and on fixes it for a while. Very troubling, as this didn't use to happen a few months back.
    05-26-18 11:35 PM
    My k1 is configured to connect only to my 5g SSID but I have recently had interference issues that I was able to resolve by using a wifi analyzer app to see which stations are occupied by my neighbors and changing my router station from auto to an unoccupied station. Wondering if the increasing problems with 5g are due to the K1 or possibly to the increasing use of this band by my neighbors. Many more stations were occupied by my neighbors than the last time I checked. Lots of fire tv and roku tv sticks not to mention printer access points.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-27-18 05:15 AM
    Sorry to bump up an old thread but I seem to be having the same problems with my wifi, at the beginning I though it was my broadband connection but then I have tried with other connections and it still the same, the Wifi is terribly slow to the point it needs to be switched off to even load a page. Have similar issues been reported recently?
    11-08-20 06:39 AM