I really miss (BB10) being able to wifi File transfer between my KEYᵒⁿᵉ and my PC.

I have been using Asus File and it can do it, but requires you access the PC to make the connection. Often when I'm in one part of my house I don't want to have to go upstairs to make the connection.

Any suggestions?
    FF22 likes this.
    11-05-17 08:20 PM
    Asus file manager.
    11-06-17 02:08 AM
    Asus file manager.
    Close, but requires being at PC to input IP, right?
    11-06-17 12:40 PM
    Close, but requires being at PC to input IP, right?
    It does allow wifi connection direct, but couldn't get it to work.

Did get Total Commander app with the Lan add-in to connect! 😎
    12-17-17 08:32 PM
    I use solidexplorer to do this with my keyone & mac. Works great
    12-17-17 11:43 PM
    It does allow wifi connection direct, but couldn't get it to work.

Did get Total Commander app with the Lan add-in to connect!
    ½
    ¸Ž
    Obviously, I'm not adept at this lan connection stuff. How does one go about using total commander and the lan add-in? How do I either get to my computer from the KeyOne or get to the KeyOne from my computer (Win7 but win10 laptop available).

And if the discussion is beyond the scrope of CB, I understand.

Thanks.
    12-18-17 01:25 AM
    Obviously, I'm not adept at this lan connection stuff. How does one go about using total commander and the lan add-in? How do I either get to my computer from the KeyOne or get to the KeyOne from my computer (Win7 but win10 laptop available).

And if the discussion is beyond the scrope of CB, I understand.

Thanks.
    F22,

ASUS File Manager APP is what I normally use, but I couldn't get it to connect using Network Places. It does have a simple clean interface, so I stay with it for local use.

The Total Commander is great also and I was able to get it to connect using the IP of my laptop (Win 10.)

Try here for some detailed instructions... https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2574655

Install the Total Commander app and then install the add-in Lan app as well.

As above link advises Share the Drive on your PC you want to access - I shared it, and provided full permissions for Read/Write. Your Server Name can be the \\Name\Folder or the PC's IP address. I used the IP address because I couldn't get it to work with the share name.

The User Name and Password will be the same as what you use to access your PC since that's what you're logging into.

Hope that helps.
    12-18-17 12:50 PM
    How do I either get to my computer from the KeyOne or get to the KeyOne from my computer (Win7 but win10 laptop available).
    I run Linux but started up a Win10 instance in a virtualbox machine to see what I can do with the ftp server that comes with File Manager, the app I use for connecting Keyone to PC and managing files. There's a link to the app and some screenies over here: https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post13088689

In my test in Win10, I put the provided url in the address bar of the Windows file manager and it connected to my Keyone with File Manager ftp server running. From Windows, I could create a new folder on the SD Card, at least, and I would suspect other typical file management actions would work but don't have the time to test, atm.
    12-18-17 01:03 PM
    rolfep, Asus File Manager has two techniques to connect over WiFi.

The one you used requires you manually type in the URL.

The other, selected from the Menu in Asus File Manager, is Network Place. I couldn't get it to work.

The latter and the reference technique with Total Commander works best - similar to the BB10 wifi technique with BlackBerry driver which allowed wifi communication between device and PC.
    12-21-17 04:31 PM
    rolfep, Asus File Manager has two techniques to connect over WiFi.

The one you used requires you manually type in the URL.
    I have stated that I tried Asus File Manager but don't like the http network protocol it uses---> web browser cannot, afaict, create/delete/edit or move files on the phone or to/from the PC with copy/paste or drag and drop, which the app I use can do. I don't use Asus File Manager. The File Manager app I use is here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...or.filemanager It uses ftp as the network protocol and the file manager on my Linux PC can perform all the operations I need. I am fine. I don't need help with a file manager.
    C_McD likes this.
    12-21-17 05:06 PM