I've noticed this since getting the phone and originally thought it was just the os refreshing the icon in the status bar. I didn't originally think it was actually disconnecting and reconnecting.

Basically after picking up my phone that has been locked and idle for some time (not quite sure how long, but not more than an hour) the wifi icon up top shows it disconnected or gone all together and will then immediately reconnect.

For some apps the refresh after opening them this will cause the page to not load.

Any ideas why this is happening? Keyone problem? Nougat problem? I've verified that my keep connection active in settings is on. I've tried toggling, but no resolution.
    07-10-17 06:11 PM
    I've been testing Nougat builds on a Samsung S6 Active and have seen similar things on the DQE1 & DQF1 releases. I was originally on the DQD1 release and things seem to be just fine. The phone updated to DQE1 and all of a sudden I started seeing wifi disconnects/reconnects when the phone locked or was unused for a while. On the S6A when it reconnects to wifi I get a little message on the bottom of the screen saying it's connected and shows the name of the ssid. DQE1 was doing this constantly. not sure any of those build numbers correlate to Keyone, but that's what I experienced on the Samsung.
    07-10-17 08:17 PM
    Check your advanced wifi settings. On Marshmallow there is a setting "Keep wifi on during sleep" with three options
    1. Always
    2. Only when plugged in
    3. Never

Not sure if this is same on Nougat
    07-10-17 10:38 PM
    You know, I have this issue too. Google Play Music complains constantly that it can't download music because there's no WiFi, but only after the phone has been asleep awhile. My settings show to Always keep WiFi on during sleep. Strange!
    07-11-17 11:26 AM
    This seems to happen on the Guardian news app when I schedule offline reading. When the phone goes to sleep it seems to terminate the download. My wi-fi setting is set to "always on during sleep".
    07-11-17 12:02 PM
    anyone else seeing this? I can confirm my keep wifi on during sleep setting is "always".

I have switched from my 5ghz wifi access point to the 2.4ghz and so far I haven't noticed it. that was two days ago.
    07-13-17 10:54 PM
    I'm running Android 7.1.1 (Nougat?) on my KEYone. For the past two weeks, I've had problems with the WiFi turning off when it sleeps. Last week the tech at BB Support had me perform a factory reset. It fixed the problem for a few days, but then it returned. Yesterday I called BB Support again. This tech said that it's a 3rd party app that's turning off the WiFi, and she recommended that I delete all of the apps that weren't originally installed on the KEYone when it shipped. I don't have time right now. If I do it later, I suppose that I'll have to add each app back one at time to find the culprit. Can anyone guess what type of app it could be? Did anyone find an alternative solution?

Incidentally, when I go to WiFi --> Advanced, I see only four choices:

Install certificates
    Wi-Fi Direct
    WPS Push Button
    WPS Pin Entry

I saw once the option to keep WiFi on during sleep, but I don't remember now how I accessed it.

I would appreciate any help. The KEYone's constantly turning off the WiFi is really a nuisance.

Thanks.
    07-27-17 01:30 AM