Has anybody set up Wi-Fi calling on Telus using a Keyone BB100-1?

When I query Wi-Fi in Settings menu nothing shows up.

Just wondering - and if so - how does one enable it?
    08-03-20 09:28 PM
    Has anybody set up Wi-Fi calling on Telus using a Keyone BB100-1?

When I query Wi-Fi in Settings menu nothing shows up.

Just wondering - and if so - how does one enable it?
    Contact Telus and verify you're supported at hardware, software, account levels.
    08-04-20 10:05 AM
    Thanks - will do.
    08-04-20 03:29 PM
    Thanks - will do.
    I'm with Telus and never got Wi-Fi calling to work with either my KEYᵒⁿᵉ or KEY². Although, neither device was purchased from Telus.
    08-04-20 08:57 PM
    I'm with Telus and never got Wi-Fi calling to work with either my KEYᵒⁿᵉ or KEY². Although, neither device was purchased from Telus.
    Telus sounds like “AT&T of the Great White North” or so it seems.
    08-05-20 01:54 PM
    It's such a s*** sandwich sometimes when it comes to these companies it's not even funny. They really do have people over the coals.

It wasn't that long ago in Canada the carriers owned your phone number and if you wanted to leave and go to another carrier, you needed a new number.

Than it was non stop games with their hardware and locked phones and outrageous plans. I recall the battles I would have trying to get Telus to add a travel or roaming package to my old flip phone when I would travel to the US. "Can't be done" they said. I could only have a Canadian plan or a plan that was for calling and texting while in the US But not both at the same time. The battles were epic except for the fact that as consumers and shareholders we were paying the price.

Than the feds allowed devices to be unlocked for free instead of some insane fee of $50 or $100. People porting numbers, BYOD to carriers who offered the best value and service. Travel and roaming the world with an unlocked phone for local Sim cards and service + getting to use all the features that whatever device maker offered.

Either way it's a screw job these days. You buy Carrier hardware and sometimes they are supporting certain features or security patches/OS updates or you go the unlocked route. Now all of a sudden it's almost like a reverse where potentially the best support may be from carrier hardware, maybe.

Ironically we can't even get straight answers on which hardware from which carrier may be used on a go forward basis with the potential for shutdowns coming soon. I'm in the extreme minority using BB10 in 2020 but how many people have carrier KEY Series devices with a lack of support going forward potentially? I can't even tell you how many friends have issues with this phone and that carrier for issues with security, OS upgrades, enhanced features etc.

It really is a crazy world out there

Posted via CB10
    08-08-20 02:29 PM
    It's such a s*** sandwich sometimes when it comes to these companies it's not even funny. They really do have people over the coals.

It wasn't that long ago in Canada the carriers owned your phone number and if you wanted to leave and go to another carrier, you needed a new number.

Than it was non stop games with their hardware and locked phones and outrageous plans. I recall the battles I would have trying to get Telus to add a travel or roaming package to my old flip phone when I would travel to the US. "Can't be done" they said. I could only have a Canadian plan or a plan that was for calling and texting while in the US But not both at the same time. The battles were epic except for the fact that as consumers and shareholders we were paying the price.

Than the feds allowed devices to be unlocked for free instead of some insane fee of $50 or $100. People porting numbers, BYOD to carriers who offered the best value and service. Travel and roaming the world with an unlocked phone for local Sim cards and service + getting to use all the features that whatever device maker offered.

Either way it's a screw job these days. You buy Carrier hardware and sometimes they are supporting certain features or security patches/OS updates or you go the unlocked route. Now all of a sudden it's almost like a reverse where potentially the best support may be from carrier hardware, maybe.

Ironically we can't even get straight answers on which hardware from which carrier may be used on a go forward basis with the potential for shutdowns coming soon. I'm in the extreme minority using BB10 in 2020 but how many people have carrier KEY Series devices with a lack of support going forward potentially? I can't even tell you how many friends have issues with this phone and that carrier for issues with security, OS upgrades, enhanced features etc.

It really is a crazy world out there

Posted via CB10
    Not really because majority of consumers support the system cycle by perpetuating the update cycle.

Just like privacy of personal data. Facebook, Instagram, TikTok for example
    08-10-20 09:22 AM