Because I got my K1 from Carphone Warehouse my WiFi calling won't work, it's all set up with EE and if it was bought from EE it'd be working, is there any specific reason why it won't work?
    01-17-18 03:12 PM
    Because I got my K1 from Carphone Warehouse my WiFi calling won't work, it's all set up with EE and if it was bought from EE it'd be working, is there any specific reason why it won't work?
    Because EE won't authorize it as a compatible device as you didn't purchase it from them.
    01-17-18 03:25 PM
    Because EE won't authorize it as a compatible device as you didn't purchase it from them.
    So why doesn't the AT&T branded KeyOne have wi oil calling on AT&T?
    01-17-18 07:39 PM
    Because AT&T is too cheap to give you anything for free.
    portplayer likes this.
    01-17-18 09:26 PM
    So why doesn't the AT&T branded KeyOne have wi oil calling on AT&T?
    Aside from what Phuoc said, only AT&T can answer that. Everything needed for it is on the device. There are ZERO hardware limitations. They're intentionally not allowing it to work/be compatible.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-17-18 09:29 PM
    I was assured by an advanced tech support guy at Sprint that the settings for wifi calling would be made available in the next update. Believe it when I see it.
    01-18-18 07:05 AM
    Mines from carphone warehouse on EE UK and WiFi calling works fine
    01-18-18 07:21 AM
    Did you buy it unlocked or on an EE plan through CW?

Posted via CB10
    01-18-18 07:34 AM
    Mines from carphone warehouse on EE UK and WiFi calling works fine
    Well after deliberating as to whether or not to do a wipe I chose to do one and after resetting everything wifi calling came on..... result.
    This morning though my screen came loose so ive had to wipe it again and its off to be repaired!
    01-18-18 07:38 AM
    Oh bugger
    01-18-18 07:39 AM
    Aside from what Phuoc said, only AT&T can answer that. Everything needed for it is on the device. There are ZERO hardware limitations. They're intentionally not allowing it to work/be compatible.
    Wifi calling, IMS, and VOLTE seems to be the re-occcuring issues with unlocked editions and black editions! As you say the provisioning is there, then why won't it work! ?
    01-21-18 04:49 AM
    Wifi calling, IMS, and VOLTE seems to be the re-occcuring issues with unlocked editions and black editions! As you say the provisioning is there, then why won't it work! ?
    phuoc, Mecca EL and Soapm like this.
    01-21-18 10:59 AM
    That's not cheap. Just good business.
    01-21-18 01:51 PM
    With WiFi calling AT&T subscribers would have an incentive to purchase a carrier locked device and stay with AT&T. Without WiFi calling AT&T isn't differentiating itself from other GSM carriers.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-21-18 03:19 PM
    With WiFi calling AT&T subscribers would have an incentive to purchase a carrier locked device and stay with AT&T. Without WiFi calling AT&T isn't differentiating itself from other GSM carriers.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    My comment was to unlocked devices. I agree that carrier locked devices should access the premium services. I show Enhanced LTE on my device. I thought it meant like VoLTE which I assumed then I also have WiFi calling. Tell me, as usual, am I missing something additional?
    01-21-18 03:33 PM
    I have to admit that I know very little about Wifi calling. So what I JUST noticed was a surprise to me but probably not to others.

I was checking out wifi calling on my Priv with T-mobile.

It offered two bits of info as I accessed the function. I did not realize that one pays the regular calling rate when using WIFI CALLING. I guess I thought it was over wifi and therefore free of charges.

Is this a T-mobile limitation or is that the way wifi calling works on most carriers/networks? I guess that they do carry out a cell or what I'd call a PHONE connection for calling and therefore charge for it????
    01-21-18 04:29 PM
    I have to admit that I know very little about Wifi calling. So what I JUST noticed was a surprise to me but probably not to others.

I was checking out wifi calling on my Priv with T-mobile.

It offered two bits of info as I accessed the function. I did not realize that one pays the regular calling rate when using WIFI CALLING. I guess I thought it was over wifi and therefore free of charges.

Is this a T-mobile limitation or is that the way wifi calling works on most carriers/networks? I guess that they do carry out a cell or what I'd call a PHONE connection for calling and therefore charge for it????
    What I think is that any carrier that supports wifi calling has to build and maintain infrastructure to route your call to/from the internet to get to/from your phone.

Your phone ->Internet->T-mobile->Callee's carrier->Callee's phone

Caller's phone->Caller's carrier->T-mobile->Internet->Your phone

They've got your number. All calls go through T-mobile and it's a non-zero cost to them.

Aside: Gather around, children, and I'll tell you a story of olden days and something called a "landline". With a landline, you were charged for calls you made but not for calls made to you. Mostly for other differences, I'm not quick to dispose of my landline and put all my eggs in the cellphone/voip basket.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-18 08:02 AM
    I seem to remember that in the early days of wi-fi calling, carriers like T-Mobile advertised that such calls did not go against the cellular minutes.

Of course, it was a way to augment their poor coverage, and was before the change to unlimited cellular use.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-22-18 08:31 AM
    What I think is that any carrier that supports wifi calling has to build and maintain infrastructure to route your call to/from the internet to get to/from your phone.

Your phone ->Internet->T-mobile->Callee's carrier->Callee's phone

Caller's phone->Caller's carrier->T-mobile->Internet->Your phone

They've got your number. All calls go through T-mobile and it's a non-zero cost to them.

Aside: Gather around, children, and I'll tell you a story of olden days and something called a "landline". With a landline, you were charged for calls you made but not for calls made to you. Mostly for other differences, I'm not quick to dispose of my landline and put all my eggs in the cellphone/voip basket.
    I am a luddite in my telecommunications life. Landline although a number of friends have abandoned them. One's gone Ooma (spelling???) and another cell only. The Ooma has echoes. The cell depends on the room of house!

I admit that when I read/heard of wifi-calling, it seemed that it was a way to make free calls using wifi. But never really looked into it. So, yes, now I understand that is does not bypass "billing" but provides cell service where towers or lack of towers don't make it easy.
    01-22-18 09:39 AM
    I am a luddite in my telecommunications life. Landline although a number of friends have abandoned them. One's gone Ooma (spelling???) and another cell only. The Ooma has echoes. The cell depends on the room of house!

I admit that when I read/heard of wifi-calling, it seemed that it was a way to make free calls using wifi. But never really looked into it. So, yes, now I understand that is does not bypass "billing" but provides cell service where towers or lack of towers don't make it easy.
    I actually had mobile landline until recently.
    01-22-18 09:41 AM
    I have ATT. I have an unlocked KEYᵒⁿᵉ. I don't know if it does ATT wifi calling. My VOIP at my home is Phonepower.com which has a free SIP Client that does the trick, even records the calls. Apparently one can use ATT via SIP if one finds the correct parameters. I don't know what they are and I'm glad I don't need to wrestle with it...lazy me !! Apparently DUO can call even those who do not have DUO.
    01-22-18 04:56 PM
    My comment was to unlocked devices. I agree that carrier locked devices should access the premium services. I show Enhanced LTE on my device. I thought it meant like VoLTE which I assumed then I also have WiFi calling. Tell me, as usual, am I missing something additional?
    The carriers can decide if they want to extend their premium services OR NOT to unlocked devices.

We have a clear example. You can buy an unlocked KEYᴼᴺᴱ from Amazon/ Best Buy.
    TMo will let you have WiFi calling. ATT will not let you have WiFi calling.

Carriers set their own limits on how much support/ services they will allow on BYOD.
    01-22-18 05:54 PM
    The carriers can decide if they want to extend their premium services OR NOT to unlocked devices.

We have a clear example. You can buy an unlocked KEYᴼᴺᴱ from Amazon/ Best Buy.
    TMo will let you have WiFi calling. ATT will not let you have WiFi calling.

Carriers set their own limits on how much support/ services they will allow on BYOD.
    Thanks Denise. I've figured out most of that. At this point, I'm looking to understand difference between WiFi Calling and VoLTE Enhanced.
    01-22-18 07:10 PM