Ahh come on... you seem clever enough to get this wifi calling working on any carrier... I'm sure the good old rooting would do the trick?

Wonder if this would work on any other carriers like Verizon or straight talk?
    06-30-17 07:44 PM
    Ahh come on... you seem clever enough to get this wifi calling working on any carrier... I'm sure the good old rooting would do the trick?

Wonder if this would work on any other carriers like Verizon or straight talk?
    Maybe someone on Att can chime in, but my first thought would be to spoof an imei from a priv on your account. A veteran employee at a corporate Att store might be able to help you. It's not illegal since youre not spoofing the Sim imei, it just tricks the Att system into provisioning whatever features the priv on Att has, since they actually carried the priv.
    06-30-17 07:49 PM
    Didnt know that was possible... clever... I don't know why att would manage wifi calling at the individual device level?

None the less I may switch back to t-mobile or get another prepaid until I can fully test out this device to become my primary phone of choice... need another week or so
    06-30-17 07:53 PM
    Didnt know that was possible... clever... I don't know why att would manage wifi calling at the individual device level?

None the less I may switch back to t-mobile or get another prepaid until I can fully test out this device to become my primary phone of choice... need another week or so
    They somehow "push" carrier settings to the device, so the devices knows what capabilities the network supports. Every device is different, it's definitely possible. I got a guy to fake an imei for an iPad 3g so I could add an old iPhone as a "tablet" for $10 extra per month to my account that just lived in my truck for spotify. However, for your purposes, the spoof will be more legitimate, so anyone who knows what they are doing should be able to hook you up. If they don't, move on to the next store...
    06-30-17 07:59 PM
    This was on ATT....FYI
    06-30-17 08:00 PM
    Using my Rogers SIM, I get WiFi calling on my iPhone but it's not available when it put it in my KEYone. However, WiFi calling is available on my KEYone if I put in my TMO SIM.
    07-01-17 12:17 AM
    Anyone on Vodafone UK with wifi calling? I have contacted Voda and they say it is not available on the Keyone!
    07-02-17 03:37 AM
    That is weird. It is almost like Rogers is actually blocking the functionality, rather than just not making it available. I just made a call into tech support requesting WiFi calling on my KEYone and am hoping that if enough of us make the request, they'll actually make an effort to enable it. You'd think that they'd clue in that BlackBerry business clients are loyal clients.
    07-05-17 01:49 PM
    No wifi calling on Rogers in Canada it seems.
    Wi-Fi calling is supported on Rogers, other phones have it, just not the KEYone.... yet.
    08-13-17 08:05 AM
    Wi-Fi calling is supported on Rogers, other phones have it, just not the KEYone.... yet.
    Yes, I had it on my Note 7 and S7Edge it made calls at home so much better for me! So Rogers has it, KEYone supports it we just need them to enable it ASAP!
    Matt J likes this.
    08-13-17 08:14 AM
    Just because they don't enable it, doesn't mean there isn't a way...if it works on the PRIV, I bet there's a way.
    08-13-17 09:11 AM
    It's not support on ting yet, but I can turn it on and use it perfectly by unhiding a menu.
    08-13-17 09:12 AM
    Yes, I had it on my Note 7 and S7Edge it made calls at home so much better for me! So Rogers has it, KEYone supports it we just need them to enable it ASAP!
    I am sure the generous management team at Rogers Wireless is hard at work determining how to charge us for enabling this feature. With the robber Baron cartel nothing is really "included at no additional cost."
    08-13-17 09:18 AM
    It's not support on ting yet, but I can turn it on and use it perfectly by unhiding a menu.
    Can you please tell us how to do this?
    08-13-17 09:21 AM
    Can you please tell us how to do this?
    I'm not typing it again, find my other thread with screenshots on how to do it, tested on ting which is t-mobile. I don't know if it works on Rogers, but I suspect if Rogers supports wifi calling on any other android you can get it working.

If that doesn't work, try having them put an imei in for another android phone.
    08-13-17 09:25 AM
    So, I was going to email ting a random imei from a priv off ebay, as I've seen providers do this before to trick their system into provisioning services to newer devices, but I found another way.

Even though I'm not provisioned for wifi calling, you can force the setting IF you can get to the setting another way. (Setting is hidden by not provisioned setting from carrier)

Lighter screenshot is hidden settings app showing what is provisioned. Unfortunatly toggling the wifi calling does nothing here, it appears to push down from carrier.

Download quick shortcut maker and find the phone WFC settings location as seen in the darker screenshot. Make the shortcut, now you can enable wifi calling, without being provisioned for it.

Enable wifi calling on ting or t-mobile, enjoy.

I tested in airplane mode a SMS message.

Attachment 424295Attachment 424296Attachment 424297Attachment 424298
    Here's his steps again from Reply 33 in this thread....
    ab190670 likes this.
    08-13-17 09:45 AM
    I logged into my AT&T OLAM account and noticed that it shows me as having a keyONE. Over the past few months, it showed me as having an unknown phone. Although my phone is unlocked, at least they now know I have a keyONE, not that I am overly optimistic that they will enable wifi calling on an unlocked phone.....
    10-01-17 05:34 PM
    I talked to one Rogers Business support rep yesterday via their online chat and they were telling me that my keyONE is not supported because it isn't capable of Wi-Fi calling. After arguing with them for a few minutes, I decided to call and another rep said that it now shows on their list of capable devices and it is now just a matter of if and when they will push out a software update to enable it.

With the horrible signal at my office and a few other places I frequent, wi-fi calling would certainly make my life a lot easier.

When I follow the instructions using QuickShortcut-Maker, I get greyed-out toggle switches, as was mentioned by someone else in another thread.

Wi-Fi Calling on KEYone?-screenshot_20171026-091818.jpg
    10-26-17 08:25 AM
    There may be hope on Rogers. This week, my LTE Discovery app started showing IWLAN status instead of the usual LTE when in proximity of a connected LAN. October 31st security and update scheduled. Fingers crossed for WiFi calling since Rogers Service is mediocre in my downtown Toronto condo. Need WiFi calling for sure.
    10-26-17 11:37 AM
    Today another surprise. Hava an app called ACR (automatic call recorder) that records my incoming work calls (insurance claims). Normally after a call I get a prompt to save the recording with notes. Today, I noticed, app said "cannot record a wifi call" instead of the usual prompt. This coupled to the IWLAN status adds intrigue to how the calls are being handles... are they WiFi? (do have to add that the call quality has been way better in my condo ever since IWLAN was noted- No loss signals or choppy conversation. Clear as a bell. )
    10-27-17 12:07 PM
    I have an AT&T Keyone and have figured out how to make Wi-Fi calls work. I found a widget that sets the WiFi call option to "On" and if I leave that app open, the phone makes Wi-Fi- calls. If I close that app, the setting changes back to off. This widget: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...7.wifi.calling
    10-30-20 07:31 AM
96 ... 234