09-15-17 09:52 PM
50 12
tools
    Genuinely curious, why would you — yes specific you, not general population you — want two SIMs in your KEYone?

Do you travel for work and want to just have one phone? One line for biz and one for personal? Two lines for your two lives or two wives?

Curious to know why you would want two and what you'd use them for, or if you don't think there is a real use to having two SIMs one one device, why?
    WT44 likes this.
    09-11-17 08:23 AM
    Genuinely curious, why would you — yes specific you, not general population you — want two SIMs in your KEYone?

Do you travel for work and want to just have one phone? One line for biz and one for personal? Two lines for your two lives or two wives?

Curious to know why you would want two and what you'd use them for, or if you don't think there is a real use to having two SIMs one one device, why?
    I use one phone for work and other as personal device. I'd like to avoid carrying two device's.
    For that, each SIM should be allowed to be disabled individually, of course.
    Ecm likes this.
    09-11-17 08:28 AM
    In vietnam we have SIM only for data (62gb 4G LTE only 6 usd per month), so 1 sim for call and text another sim for data. That's perfect.
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-11-17 09:16 AM
    Work number on one line, Project Fi SIM for global comms on the other.
    09-11-17 09:25 AM
    I'd bet this is another US vs RoW divide.... though since the EU is now effectively a single phone zone, the need for dual sims/ whatsapp/ etc there may have dwindled.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-17 09:44 AM
    I use one phone for work and other as personal device. I'd like to avoid carrying two device's.
    For that, each SIM should be allowed to be disabled individually, of course.
    Same here. I want one device, with both my company and personal lines available for calls and SMS.
    qwerty4ever and p51 like this.
    09-11-17 10:00 AM
    In vietnam we have SIM only for data (62gb 4G LTE only 6 usd per month), so 1 sim for call and text another sim for data. That's perfect.
    This. Prepaid talk n text on one SIM. Tablet data plan on the other.

Sent from my Passport using Forum Fiend OSP
    09-11-17 10:33 AM
    I work in banking and use different phone during the day (not smart one, just basic "stupid" nokia). And because that SIM is of course controlled by employer, I have also personal SIM.

t would be great to use only 1 device, KEYone, with a slot for 2 SIM cards.
    It seems that even if BlackBerry is positioned as work or corporate device, this type of use happens only in India and not in Europe (Czech Republic here) or anywhere else in the world
    09-11-17 11:50 AM
    So that I can message myself and have someone to talk to.
    09-11-17 12:02 PM
    In the Philippines we only have two major carriers (we have four carriers but the other two is under the two major carriers respectively) so naturally if you want to be connected to all people cheaply you need to be under these two carriers.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-17 12:28 PM
    Travel. While the cost of roaming has dropped significantly in some countries it's still horrendously expensive in others. Thankfully in most of those countries payg sims with lots of data are very cheap.
    09-11-17 01:24 PM
    following are based on my prior work observation: (1) some country got poor coverage for carriers, you might need two sims if you travel between some places... (even US/Canada, also got that problem, but you get partnership between carriers, so one sim is no problem). (2) Countries in Asia are somewhat small, if you work in one and live in the other, you will need two sims. I know few business chaps living in Singapore and heading out to HK or other place every weekend... Singapore also has mobile labour force, that come in day time for work and heading back to other country every night - just check their train station in the evening). (3) personal/business - BB orginally has two software partitioned section for BB10, that only works when your boss agree to pay your personal usage... possibly not good if you start streaming movies, bridge it for example... (4) personally, I dealt with an island with poor Cell coverage on vacation, I end up have to go to top of the "mountain"- hills to get the signal... there were 3-4 carriers belong to adjacent islands - possibly different country, with my single sim, try connect, disconnect, end up roaming charge to more than 600.00 for less than 1 week. Oh boy, I want dual sim so badly... (5) Current partnership between carrier is great in north america, you don't need dual sim... only when you get out here, you see the needs (provide you don't stream movie at home using company sim).
    09-11-17 04:47 PM
    One for the wife and boring goody two shoes friends that wifey trusts. 2nd number for my gangsta a$$ real homies, side chick's and others that u just don't need contacting u whenever they feel like.
    pizzawheel likes this.
    09-11-17 04:53 PM
    Obviously work and play lol
    09-11-17 05:15 PM

I have poor reception from my carrier at an address I'm frequently at half of my time with no wi-fi calling.
    09-11-17 06:41 PM
    Work number on one line, Project Fi SIM for global comms on the other.
    Don't know if it'll work nicely... do u pair with Google voice / hangouts?
    09-11-17 06:41 PM
    Travel. While the cost of roaming has dropped significantly in some countries it's still horrendously expensive in others. Thankfully in most of those countries payg sims with lots of data are very cheap.
    But carrier calls still require abroad plans usually or their included no wifi calling is a huge issue
    Last edited by M-M-M; 09-11-17 at 08:39 PM.
    09-11-17 06:43 PM
    So that I can message myself and have someone to talk to.
    Ha! Ha!
    09-11-17 07:39 PM
    Same here. I want one device, with both my company and personal lines available for calls and SMS.
    Same!!!
    09-11-17 08:20 PM
    This is my situation as well, rocking the KEYone and DTEK60 simultaneously. That's why I've been exploring several options for importing the dual sim KEYone from India to Canada. Not a cheap way to go! But would be worth it to have one phone to rule them all! I really wish dual sim was more common in North America.
    09-11-17 10:34 PM
    why not
    09-11-17 11:01 PM
    wowowow that's sooooo cheap!
    09-12-17 02:34 AM
    This would be my reason for wanting the dual Sim option. At present I place a forign PAYG Sim in one passport and then use it as a mobile Hotspot so as to use my other phone to do work.

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 03:54 AM
    In the Philippines we only have two major carriers (we have four carriers but the other two is under the two major carriers respectively) so naturally if you want to be connected to all people cheaply you need to be under these two carriers.

Posted via CB10
    And that is the reason Dual Sims are so popular in some markets. In other markets where carriers allow calling between networks at no cost, or roaming between networks. Dual SIMS have a much narrower usefulness, especially with DATA added to the mix.

I know several that tried Dual SIM functionality on their S7.... but in the end it doesn't really give you two smartphones in one. Two phone lines, yes that is possible and do see that being a need for a few people .
    09-12-17 09:57 AM
    I would like a phone with MORE than two SIMs...

SIM1: my usual UK phone number (my freelance company that I own)
    SIM2: client's phone number (which automatically integrates with the clients whizzy new Integrated PBX/ICT functionality) - this means I do not have to carry a second phone
    SIM3: when I go abroad (to areas not automatically covered by my calling plan) I can use a local SIM (eg local contacts can call a local number as opposed to my 'international for them' UK number)
    SIM4: potentially a truly personal UK phone number (as opposed to SIM1 which is for my freelance company that I own)

A colleague has just said... and SIM5 (which can be frequently changed) for extra-curricular girlfriends (this is for HIM, not for me!)

I thought BlackBerry were talking about Virtual SIMs many years ago, and owned a load of patents around this concept?
    09-12-17 10:50 AM
50 12