I would like a phone with MORE than two SIMs...

SIM1: my usual UK phone number (my freelance company that I own)
    SIM2: client's phone number (which automatically integrates with the clients whizzy new Integrated PBX/ICT functionality) - this means I do not have to carry a second phone
    SIM3: when I go abroad (to areas not automatically covered by my calling plan) I can use a local SIM (eg local contacts can call a local number as opposed to my 'international for them' UK number)
    SIM4: potentially a truly personal UK phone number (as opposed to SIM1 which is for my freelance company that I own)

A colleague has just said... and SIM5 (which can be frequently changed) for extra-curricular girlfriends (this is for HIM, not for me!)

I thought BlackBerry were talking about Virtual SIMs many years ago, and owned a load of patents around this concept?
    About virtual SIMs... let's see what Apple present today. There are romours about a new Apple watch with a vSIM that will copy the SIM in your phone sit the watch does not depend on phone
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 10:07 AM
    I thought BlackBerry were talking about Virtual SIMs many years ago, and owned a load of patents around this concept?
    I believe that is available as part of an Enterprise UEM package. That may be great for a large organization, but not a small company.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 10:17 AM
    This would be my reason for wanting the dual Sim option. At present I place a forign PAYG Sim in one passport and then use it as a mobile Hotspot so as to use my other phone to do work.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. Business travel abroad. Use my Passport with US sim and an international text plan to stay in touch with the states. Use my Lumia with local sim for data hotspot and local call and text. I want one phone to rule them all.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 10:59 AM
    Living in two countries.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 11:23 AM
    I have a PAYG SIM from Vodafone IE that I use when I travel in Europe, and I use my T-Mobile SIM at home in the US. I save appreciable amounts of money doing it this way, and being able to keep both SIM cards in the phone and just using the appropriate one in the appropriate place would be great.
    09-12-17 11:48 AM
    Virtual SIM’ provider, Movirtu was a BlackBerry acquisition back in 2014... not much came of it. I think it required carriers to support it in some way.... which probable wasn't an easy sell to carriers that were tired of BlackBerry existing service fees.

There is a difference in needed separate service solutions and needed separate phone numbers.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 11:59 AM
    Same here. I want one device, with both my company and personal lines available for calls and SMS.
    Ditto
    09-12-17 12:04 PM
    Living in two countries.
    Yes
    09-12-17 12:05 PM
    SIMS should all be virtual and multiple... the slot is often fragile and a waste of space...
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-12-17 12:07 PM
    Some people travel all or most of the time. Some people have two numbers daily for work or life. Dual sim to me personally is a very attractive feature to have on a phone.
    09-13-17 01:54 AM
    Any of you dual-SIM fans importing the Indian dual-SIM phone then via 1GT or by other means? https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...da-usa-1119943
    09-13-17 04:02 AM
    Any of you dual-SIM fans importing the Indian dual-SIM phone then via 1GT or by other means? https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...da-usa-1119943
    I'm seriously considering it. Is the dual sim KEYone an amazn.in exclusive for a limited time? Will other India retail outlets offer it soon?
    09-13-17 07:26 AM
    Why?

Because it's cool.

And I can...

But I am not going to...
    09-13-17 07:34 AM
    I use the same SIM for work and personal. Its too messy to have 2 lines. Just one line makes everything simpler.
    The fact is that nowadays we are required to answer many messages, emails and phone calls, and 1 SIM seems to bee very inconvenient since you can receive requests from work on free time/days.
    So my phone is mute for almost everything (sms, whatsapp, emails). And even on calls it makes just a simple and fast sound (2 seconds) and then get silent (I only know that somebody called me , but will answer only if im doing nothing) . Than when i have the time i check it to see messages and calls, if the call is of somebody i know or client, i call it back, otherwise i will not call back.
    So , i decide who and when i answer, not my phone...
    09-13-17 08:52 AM
    Ha! Ha!
    That is the most valid and perfect reason for having 2 sim trays. I need that indian version Keyone too.
    09-13-17 11:34 AM
    I do a lot of traveling and I have to swap Sims or carry multiple phones 2 Sims makes it a bit more convenient.
    09-14-17 07:34 AM
    although dual sim in India is a common feature but I have been using a single sim for the last 22 years. with key1 I am now given an option of 2 Sims. I am planning to use the 2nd sim may be for Internet and or as Hotspot as there are pretty good offers with other operators. just a thought though
    09-14-17 09:46 AM
    I occasionally travel outside North America. I use KnowRoaming, so technically, although my K1 supports only 1 SIM (it's a Canada factory unlocked K1), I actually have 2 - Telus and KnowRoaming. The KnowRoaming SIM is a stick-on/overlay on my Telus SIM. I've actually been using it before with my Priv. Now the K1 has it because I'm using my old SIM.

So I guess, the tech is out there to implement 2 SIMs on a 1 SIM tray phone using existing hardware plus some software.
    FF22 and Tim-ANC like this.
    09-14-17 01:39 PM
    I occasionally travel outside North America. I use KnowRoaming, so technically, although my K1 supports only 1 SIM (it's a Canada factory unlocked K1), I actually have 2 - Telus and KnowRoaming. The KnowRoaming SIM is a stick-on/overlay on my Telus SIM. I've actually been using it before with my Priv. Now the K1 has it because I'm using my old SIM.

So I guess, the tech is out there to implement 2 SIMs on a 1 SIM tray phone using existing hardware plus some software.
    This is the first I've ever heard of a sick-on SIM. Just to confirm, when you put the KnowRoaming overlay on your Telus SIM, your KEYone still only reads the KR SIM right? It can't read both can it? What you do is basically the same as swapping out SIM cards when you travel right?
    09-14-17 02:21 PM
    Deleting weirdo double post!
    09-14-17 02:21 PM
    It's a 1 time install. So ever since my Priv, the stick-on overlay has been on my SIM. It's too flimsy to swap out.

The K1 uses the Telus SIM by default. I use the KR app if I want to switch over to the KR SIM so yes, it's like swapping out SIMs. So even when in Canada, I can actually use the KR sim as if I'm a foreigner roaming in Canada - I can choose carriers. But I don't because my Telus rates are still cheaper.

I'm not sure about all apps being able to read both. The default Contacts app though, can read the KR SIM. The KR SIM actually shows up as an Account, "SIM 1" - just like the Telus SIM shows up as the "local Contacts" account. So, I guess, if the app supports it, both SIMs are readable.

Also, with KR, with a monthly fee, I can purchase maintain phone numbers in other countries and receive calls from those numbers with the K1. KR provides a free US phone number.
    09-14-17 02:40 PM
    It's a 1 time install. So ever since my Priv, the stick-on overlay has been on my SIM. It's too flimsy to swap out.

The K1 uses the Telus SIM by default. I use the KR app if I want to switch over to the KR SIM so yes, it's like swapping out SIMs. So even when in Canada, I can actually use the KR sim as if I'm a foreigner roaming in Canada - I can choose carriers. But I don't because my Telus rates are still cheaper.

I'm not sure about all apps being able to read both. The default Contacts app though, can read the KR SIM. The KR SIM actually shows up as an Account, "SIM 1" - just like the Telus SIM shows up as the "local Contacts" account. So, I guess, if the app supports it, both SIMs are readable.

Also, with KR, with a monthly fee, I can purchase maintain phone numbers in other countries and receive calls from those numbers with the K1. KR provides a free US phone number.
    That's really cool! I've never heard of KR but will definitely check it out. Would you be able to share a screenshot of your top status bar? I'd be interested in seeing how that looks.
    09-14-17 04:00 PM
    Here's the screenshot... As you can see, KR is aware that I'm in my home country when I activated the overlay SIM. But it switched over anyway. It connected to Bell.

Why would YOU want two SIMs ?-2017-09-14_14-25-57.png
    09-14-17 04:29 PM
    Here's the screenshot... As you can see, KR is aware that I'm in my home country when I activated the overlay SIM. But it switched over anyway. It connected to Bell.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-09-14_14-25-57.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	429796
    THanks for sharing. Definitely an interesting alternative to a dual SIM phone. It's too bad none of the Canadian carriers provide this overlay SIM option.
    09-15-17 08:16 AM
    Need two phone numbers ( personal and "work" contacts).
    The work phone number is just for voice calls and text, so I've just had a BlackBerry (for personal call and text and all email) plus a 'dumb phone' for work voice calls the past few years.

If I had Dual Sim on my Passport, that would mean not needing to carry that second phone.

PassportSQW100-3/10.3.3.2205
    09-15-17 08:52 PM
50 12