if I were to bet, I'd say there's a 99% chance the mercury is final.

Even though the marketing wasn't groundbreaking, it's done more for any BlackBerry phone released in recent years. When most people think BlackBerry is dead, why would you change anything about this phone?
    02-02-17 07:35 PM
    They wouldn't really, it would just look more polished. The devices they showed off were clearly roughed up a bit.
    02-02-17 09:45 PM
    Technically they didn't even have a name for it at CES, so they still have to think of one.

And as for polish, while the hardware is pretty much final the OS is well behind, so that's where the biggest difference between CES and MWC should be.
    02-02-17 10:18 PM
    Yea I'm sure they're still trying to "think of one" a few weeks away.
    02-02-17 10:33 PM
    Whether they change a name is a test of whether TCL will repeat the same mistakes that BBRY made. They've generated a lot of buzz with a cool name that people like. If they change the name to something stupid like DTEK70 (I still don't know what "DTEK" means, do you?) - that's a bad sign.

Unless they have some awesome name cooked up, they should stay with Mercury. They may be disappointed not to use the original name, but their job is to sell phones.

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot, TCL.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-03-17 12:18 AM
    I don't think Blackberry Mercury is a cool name. Looking forward to seeing what they name it. I think it will be related to "press" which is fine by me.
    02-03-17 10:27 PM
    BlackBerry Phoenix is what I like.
    02-03-17 10:51 PM
    Name doesn't matter - Mercury is perfectly okay, if you ask me. Press would be a downgrade.

Regarding the release I would be interested in another discussion here: When will the mass-production be started and how long it needs to arrive at the store?

Could it be, that the prototypes were made by hand more or less and the upcoming Devices will be fully made in a production-line that was in the meanwhile set up?! I'm a bit worried, that we have to wait further weeks / months until launch.

Posted via CB10
    kitmo likes this.
    02-04-17 04:06 AM
    Name doesn't matter - Mercury is perfectly okay, if you ask me. Press would be a downgrade.

Regarding the release I would be interested in another discussion here: When will the mass-production be started and how long it needs to arrive at the store?

Could it be, that the prototypes were made by hand more or less and the upcoming Devices will be fully made in a production-line that was in the meanwhile set up?! I'm a bit worried, that we have to wait further weeks / months until launch.

Posted via CB10
    I think it will be called the Press. Type on your keyboard BlackBerry then P it will show press. Like this photo here.
    Attached Thumbnails Why would the specs, looks or name change after press at CES?-61836.jpg  
    kitmo likes this.
    02-04-17 05:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    It would be great if it does arrive in stores to test and try out. However I'm not going to get my hopes up for that as we still can't view the dteks in most if not all stores
    02-04-17 07:09 AM
    I think it will be called the Press. Type on your keyboard BlackBerry then P it will show press. Like this photo here.
    This is what I get. I'm using a Priv. Maybe you're using a Press?
    Attached Thumbnails Why would the specs, looks or name change after press at CES?-43599.jpg  
    02-04-17 11:05 AM
    This is what I get. I'm using a Priv. Maybe you're using a Press?
    Yep. Doesn't happen for me either.
    02-04-17 11:14 AM
    Whether they change a name is a test of whether TCL will repeat the same mistakes that BBRY made. They've generated a lot of buzz with a cool name that people like. If they change the name to something stupid like DTEK70 (I still don't know what "DTEK" means, do you?) - that's a bad sign.

Unless they have some awesome name cooked up, they should stay with Mercury. They may be disappointed not to use the original name, but their job is to sell phones.

Don't shoot yourselves in the foot, TCL.
    Mercury was never its public name. It was its internal code name like Argon, Rome, and Venice were. Which all launched with different official public branding.

The media started calling it Mercury because they had no other name to call it. I'll bet its official name will be Dtek70 for continuity or Press which was hinted in some TCL tweets.

I like Dtek. It stands for Detect. As in it detects threats and breaches on your phone.
    02-04-17 12:22 PM
    Yep. Doesn't happen for me either.
    :S wonder why it does here because I never typed BlackBerry Press before this time... :ss
    02-04-17 05:18 PM