I was generally happy with the improvement of the KeyOne over the Q10 but I am frustrated with Android's settings that don't make sense or are too complicated/I don't have the patience to try and figure them out. My biggest complaint with calls is that the speakerphone is not as good as on my Q10. With my K1, I have to hold the phone up to speak into it so callers can hear me. I used to be able to leave my Q10 in a compartment in my car and people could hear me.
    RLeeSimon and rolfep like this.
    04-25-18 03:24 PM
    I was generally happy with the improvement of the KeyOne over the Q10 but I am frustrated with Android's settings that don't make sense or are too complicated/I don't have the patience to try and figure them out. My biggest complaint with calls is that the speakerphone is not as good as on my Q10. With my K1, I have to hold the phone up to speak into it so callers can hear me. I used to be able to leave my Q10 in a compartment in my car and people could hear me.
    Decrement in speakerphone usability over my BlackBerry exposure Passport to Priv to KEYᴼᴺᴱ …not for the better at all and need to hold phone, I agree, is a pain... I used to put my Passport on the console of my car and talk... Priv too
    04-25-18 03:37 PM
    Hopefully TCL took notes of these complaints and won't compromise on the quality of the parts used when KEYtwo comes around
    04-25-18 04:12 PM
    Hopefully TCL took notes of these complaints and won't compromise on the quality of the parts used when KEYtwo comes around
    I don't think it's strictly a matter of quality. It's a matter of packing in the most they can afford for a given price point. Some things have to give.
    TCM01 likes this.
    04-25-18 04:25 PM
    I don't think it's strictly a matter of quality. It's a matter of packing in the most they can afford for a given price point. Some things have to give.
    Seems to me however BlackBerry & Motion iteration has not been successful at matching the components to provide for smooth operation without lag and overheating and other such difficulty... they need to come to some settlement as to how they carry out there moneysaving efforts without short changing customer experience...
    TCM01 likes this.
    04-25-18 04:32 PM
    Seems to me however BlackBerry & Motion iteration has not been successful at matching the components to provide for smooth operation without lag and overheating and other such difficulty... they need to come to some settlement as to how they carry out there moneysaving efforts without short changing customer experience...
    You can accuse the K1 and Motion of several things, but overheating is not one of them. Might wanna save that for the Priv forum... although kind of quiet these days
    04-25-18 04:38 PM
    You can accuse the K1 and Motion of several things, but overheating is not one of them. Might wanna save that for the Priv forum... although kind of quiet these days
    Correct mostly, but progress is not mainstream ready, yet...
    04-25-18 04:42 PM
    On another note, I think alot of people don't give enough credit to the KEYone for its' ease of repair. On that front, it destroys pretty much any modern flagship, especially the new glass back iPhones and Essential phone. Although part of that may be due to the lack of IP rating which allows for a naturally less sealed in design.
    04-25-18 04:50 PM
    I don't see how they would ever accomplish a wetness seal on the key one design without a major redo of the entire device
    04-25-18 04:53 PM
    I don't see how they would ever accomplish a witness seal on the key one design without a major redo of the entire device
    What the hell is a witness seal? And they are redoing the entire device with the Athena (K2)
    04-25-18 04:54 PM
    hopefully not as much brutal lag with the keytwo... the only reason that I ditched both the 3gb and 4gb versions of it for the note 8....
    04-25-18 04:56 PM
    Let's hope not too much is going to give. Getting tired of these boring Droid flagships Lol. Not impressed. All Androids seem to be plagued by the same BS. Just need some decent hardware on the next BlackBerry. They are doing s great job on the OS / apps, so TCL make it a good one.
    TCM01 likes this.
    04-25-18 05:14 PM
    Let's hope not too much is going to give. Getting tired of these boring Droid flagships Lol. Not impressed. All Androids seem to be plagued by the same BS. Just need some decent hardware on the next BlackBerry. They are doing s great job on the OS / apps, so TCL make it a good one.
    I have a strong feeling that the KEYtwo will be a decent upgrade.
    04-25-18 05:16 PM
    Are you? Is anyone ready to admit that the KeyONE is a POS? Mediocre specs. Crappy performance, constant freezing, restarts and screen falling out? Im typing this on my POS as I wait for TCL to ship my replacement phone due to said issues stated above. I have to travel for work Monday and LUCKILY amazon prime had a warehouse deal on a Classic to tide me over. Absolutely ridiculous. Just name it Blackberry disappointment. For the feeling I get when I see this 549 dollar pile of fecal matter staring at me on my night stand.
    I haven't experienced any of the issues you mentioned. I couldn't more pleased with my KEYone.
    04-25-18 05:18 PM
    lol the screen-defective users are so bitter.. this is pure theatrics

Posted via CB10
    Chum to the sharks.
    04-25-18 05:23 PM
    My only complaint is that it uses Android as the OS. Otherwise it's top notch for me.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-25-18 05:49 PM
    Hey. I'm in the UK my KeyOne only cost me £270 yes the screen did pop out but customer services fixed it in two days and gave me a free case.
    While it was gone I used my Passport SE only apps I missed were my Banking apps (2) . I'm still using the passport (awesome passport) KeyOne put away in drawer.
    04-25-18 05:51 PM
    My opinion is the Priv had many advantages over KEYᵒⁿᵉ in terms of display, form factor, and experience, but trumped by component mismatch, overheating, and finally, for me, succumbed to the fragile USB connector where it marries to the motherboard via thin solder connection that failed. Were it not for QI the device wouldn't survive for me to write this. I use the KEYᵒⁿᵉ as a toy-like phone with better general functionality, but a tiny display and tiny PKB make it a hard but tolerable choice. I wish the keyTWO were abandoned in favor of a PrivTWO.
    Fortunately, the Verizon Z30 had Qi charging built in. As I've written before, I still use my Z30 (now on its second battery replacement) on a wireless charging pad, feeding Blend my email, appts, etc. Just used Blend to look up Doctor's phone number on my computer.
    04-25-18 05:58 PM
    Fortunately, the Verizon Z30 had Qi charging built in. As I've written before, I still use my Z30 (now on its second battery replacement) on a wireless charging pad, feeding Blend my email, appts, etc. Just used Blend to look up Doctor's phone number on my computer.
    I want to try that with Passport via blend if only for the pleasure of the device on my desk as eye candy
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-18 06:04 PM
    "it" There! happy now?! I said "it"
    ppeters914 likes this.
    04-25-18 06:49 PM
    Not true.
    Sorry, true for me. Like I wrote in another thread, call quality is bad, I have to speak much clearer and louder than with all the cheaper phones I had before.
    04-25-18 07:28 PM
    Sorry, true for me. Like I wrote in another thread, call quality is bad, I have to speak much clearer and louder than with all the cheaper phones I had before.
    Sound like there is something wrong with your particular device.

My KEYᵒⁿᵉ is no different from my last half dozen phones.
    Rico4you likes this.
    04-25-18 07:33 PM
    I want to try that with Passport via blend if only for the pleasure of the device on my desk as eye candy
    It works really well. Of course, BBM has some issues - some Stickers don't show and pictures no longer download. But the text aspect is fine and email works really well. And when an event/appt comes due, there's a prompt box in the upper right on computer where you can dismiss, snooze or open it. I also can set appts.
    04-25-18 10:05 PM
    Sound like there is something wrong with your particular device.
    I think the mic might be just as bad as the speaker is.
    Or do you think you have a good speaker (especially when listening to music, etc.)? Here my Q5 had also far better sound.
    04-26-18 02:56 AM
    Ditto..
    04-26-18 03:36 AM
350 ... 121314