Always wondered about this so I thought I'd finally post and ask. If I reboot the KEYone and don't enter the pin to finish the start up it starts making a clicking noise. It's not a big deal or anything, but I'm curious as to what it is or what the reason behind it is.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-21-18 07:18 PM
    Always wondered about this so I thought I'd finally post and ask. If I reboot the KEYone and don't enter the pin to finish the start up it starts making a clicking noise. It's not a big deal or anything, but I'm curious as to what it is or what the reason behind it is.
    I think it's just to remind you that you'll have to enter your Pin because the fingerprint scanner won't unlock it after its been reset. That's what I've always thought anyway.. Hope this helps.
    04-21-18 07:23 PM
    I think it's just to remind you that you'll have to enter your Pin because the fingerprint scanner won't unlock it after its been reset. That's what I've always thought anyway.. Hope this helps.
    That's an interesting theory. Mine personally is that it's a reminder to enter the pin to start apps. Like if the battery died someone might have put it on the charger and turned it on and left it, but since they haven't entered the pin they'll be missing out on any important alerts, so the sound is there to remind to enter it and make the phone fully functional.
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    04-21-18 07:28 PM
    That's an interesting theory. Mine personally is that it's a reminder to enter the pin to start apps. Like if the battery died someone might have put it on the charger and turned it on and left it, but since they haven't entered the pin they'll be missing out on any important alerts, so the sound is there to remind to enter it and make the phone fully functional.
    That does make sense.. but that's kind of what I was meaning when I said you'll have to enter the pin first in order to use the phone because,.. if you turned it off and then try to unlock it when you turn it back on it won't do it with the fingerprint, so it reminds you that you have to use a Pin or Pattern first. But I totally agree with what your saying.. I'm curious to find out.
    04-21-18 10:38 PM