Whether or not someone is in a business context, people have the option to not be jerks and spout off their unsolicited opinions.
    When representing a company it is more unfortunate because the service person reflects badly on his company.
    04-15-17 12:29 PM
    Most people don't live and die by what phone they use like in here. Someone may scoff at the device you are using but I highly doubt they mean for it to be taken as personally as many do in here when someone says something negative about a BB.

People take it to the extreme in here like they've insulted a member of their family, when to the person that said it it was merely a passing comment.

I think people would be surprised if they walked up to random people and said "you use xyz Android phone, or you use an iPhone? Ewwww!!!!" Most people would probably answer "Yeah, so" and move on and not get the "you've just talked about my Mom" reaction that people have in here.

People are BB Phone crazy in here. Nothing wrong with that but a lot of that is passed off as that's the way everyone is about their phones, when the fact is, they aren't.
    04-15-17 02:44 PM
    ask some students why they select the brand of handsets: (1) Asian - price and wechat that can send red evelope. - wechat dominant their communicaation, group chat, video chat, etc. Many chinese app also are predominate driod... Ali pay is critical for those guys/gals, transfer money from mom and dad is very critical for daily usage. (2) North America, iphone or some of sammy phone, because school is using either droid or iOS for assignment, (3) Middle estern/ EU - mixed iOS or sammy, mostly sammy, because google map is very useful and some app allow you to get turn by turn gps navigation without too much data usage... All complain about how difficult to find a good app... so it all goes by word of mouth.
    As for BB, face many times of the look and talk and carton like facial expression... Most of the time just move my shoulder a bit... some times, just flip the phone face down (with case lifting slightly off the table surface), someone will notice and ask,... "you should look for a app to do that" is my reply. remind me wearing a Aevo Arrow pin on my jacket and US airforce guy asking me which aircraft is it with delta wing... shocked to know it was 50s... Didn't look too shabby. (mom's 9860 playing video of grand daughter piano recital or marching band on speaker phone always draw attention of others in the air port waiting room ;-). As for durability, see many cracked screens of both droid or iphone, but my z30, z10 dropped many times, only got few dents here and there... the old 9xxx appear to be non-destructable by dropping, (have to say crack screen might be equal for the dtek as compare to the others). Judging people by phone do have benefit, majority of the time, you can see why they select the handsets, but try to knock someone down because they use a BB? the chap might just knock him/her self down few knotch on my book... silly to be the least. vain more or less. IMHO
    04-15-17 06:17 PM
    ask some students why they select the brand of handsets: (1) Asian - price and wechat that can send red evelope. - wechat dominant their communicaation, group chat, video chat, etc. Many chinese app also are predominate driod... Ali pay is critical for those guys/gals, transfer money from mom and dad is very critical for daily usage. (2) North America, iphone or some of sammy phone, because school is using either droid or iOS for assignment, (3) Middle estern/ EU - mixed iOS or sammy, mostly sammy, because google map is very useful and some app allow you to get turn by turn gps navigation without too much data usage... All complain about how difficult to find a good app... so it all goes by word of mouth.
    As for BB, face many times of the look and talk and carton like facial expression... Most of the time just move my shoulder a bit... some times, just flip the phone face down (with case lifting slightly off the table surface), someone will notice and ask,... "you should look for a app to do that" is my reply. remind me wearing a Aevo Arrow pin on my jacket and US airforce guy asking me which aircraft is it with delta wing... shocked to know it was 50s... Didn't look too shabby. (mom's 9860 playing video of grand daughter piano recital or marching band on speaker phone always draw attention of others in the air port waiting room ;-). As for durability, see many cracked screens of both droid or iphone, but my z30, z10 dropped many times, only got few dents here and there... the old 9xxx appear to be non-destructable by dropping, (have to say crack screen might be equal for the dtek as compare to the others). Judging people by phone do have benefit, majority of the time, you can see why they select the handsets, but try to knock someone down because they use a BB? the chap might just knock him/her self down few knotch on my book... silly to be the least. vain more or less. IMHO
    Uh huh. Others dominate because they work and have what people need.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-17 06:36 PM
    Emaderton3
    not totally. BB 10.3.2 are great, they just need to re-discovy BB. like A10 aircraft, it was deem to be the ugliest aircraft ever, until 1st golf war, it came back with few hundreds bullet holes at Ti bottom of the belly, someone realize how genius the design was to mount the engin on to of the wing with multiple redundancy of wiring that performance was outstanding for war... that realization was after the designer retired... (during his career, was well known as the guy designed ugly aircraft...)... same, somewhat can be said for BB. until the disaster hit, like Sony and 9-11.
    04-15-17 07:06 PM
    Again, people are derailing this thread from the original topic... which is that people who put down BlackBerry users are acting like jerks.

It almost seems that some people are defending the jerks!
    04-15-17 07:12 PM
    Again, people are derailing this thread from the original topic... which is that people who put down BlackBerry users are acting like jerks.

Mostly because they are jerks themselves.
    04-15-17 07:49 PM
    I just don't see how folks get upset about devices. I can't get upset about someone making fun of anything inanimate I own, so I get I don't understand.

If it did bother me, it's easy to fix. I simply wouldn't associate with said person/people.
    Carjackd and MikeX74 like this.
    04-15-17 08:29 PM

Please. People have ranted against users of iOS and Android in here since they were released. Why is it fine to bash users of those platforms but if someone says something negative about a BB they are all of a sudden jerks? Blackberry themselves did it with their "Tools not Toys" marketing and their ridiculous "Wake Up" Campaign. Calling someone a "jerk" because they make fun of what type of phone they use is as ridiculous as it is for someone to make the comment about a users phone.

I am certainly not defending anyone that makes these types of comments, but I also think that people are way to sensitive about it.
    04-15-17 08:44 PM
    I just don't see how folks get upset about devices. I can't get upset about someone making fun of anything inanimate I own, so I get I don't understand.

If it did bother me, it's easy to fix. I simply wouldn't associate with said person/people.
    Couldn't say better!
    04-15-17 08:48 PM
    Please. People have ranted against users of iOS and Android in here since they were released. Why is it fine to bash users of those platforms but if someone says something negative about a BB they are all of a sudden jerks? Blackberry themselves did it with their "Tools not Toys" marketing and their ridiculous "Wake Up" Campaign. Calling someone a "jerk" because they make fun of what type of phone they use is as ridiculous as it is for someone to make the comment about a users phone.

I am certainly not defending anyone that makes these types of comments, but I also think that people are way to sensitive about it.
    This thread was NOT a rant about iPhone or Android users in any way, so your comments are off-topic. If that is your issue, please find a thread that is bashing iPhone or Android users.
    04-15-17 08:50 PM

People are fanboys of a phone. People argue because of a phone. People defends companies like their families. That's to be jerk, IMHO. You're absolutely right!
    04-15-17 08:51 PM
    This thread was NOT a rant about iPhone or Android users in any way, so your comments are off-topic. If that is your issue, please find a thread that is bashing iPhone or Android users.
    Lol Ok.
    04-15-17 08:51 PM
    People are fanboys of a phone. People argue because of a phone. People defends companies like their families. That's to be jerk, IMHO. You're absolutely right!
    I agree, a lot of people will bash other platforms, devices, cars, toilet paper, beer...whatever they buy. This helps them feel better about their own purchase and ultimately feel better about themselves. This is something that is studied by marketing students everywhere in their consumer behavior classes. Is it normal? Well it happens all the time. Is it healthy ?? Probably not.

So I agree, (No offense Denise ) I think DonNation is completely on topic. Phones is just an example since the discussion is about devices.
    04-15-17 10:30 PM

I agree me either ....but we live in a world where people want to fit in, Instead of being different. When someone is insulted by another about their buying decision process they tend to suffer from cognitive dissidents.
    04-15-17 10:36 PM
    Its too bad that the jerks are everywhere... kinda hard to avoid dealing with the fools.

Its not wanting to fit in or be liked or be popular, by the way, to not want jerks to feel its okay to insult people. What I would like is for less people to be jerks.
    eiruvrav likes this.
    04-15-17 11:08 PM
    Mostly because they are jerks themselves.
    Well, that was abrasive.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-16-17 02:01 AM
    Seems like some folks have been dancing around the real reason why this thread exists. It's not because someone was "a jerk." It's because someone said something negative about BlackBerry, and the OP took it as a personal insult.
    Last edited by MikeX74; 04-16-17 at 03:29 PM.
    donnation and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-16-17 07:50 AM
    Personally I think it's more strange to have the "technical person" not know that BlackBerry was still in the business and their device runs android. I wouldn't be too trusting of someone in that role who doesn't have a little deeper knowledge of mobile devices. I work with engineers in the IT field and most of them are carrying android devices but none of them are Samsung. A lot of powerful non mainstream devices, no PRIVs though.

Personally I could care less what someone says about my BlackBerry PRIV, I just smile while blasting out a text/email without barely looking at my keyboard and move on. Show them insta, Netflix other apps running seamlessly if they will listen.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    04-16-17 09:50 AM
    Well, that was abrasive.

Posted via CB10
    Why, thank you. Thank you very much.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-16-17 09:41 PM
    Personally I think it's more strange to have the "technical person" not know that BlackBerry was still in the business and their device runs android. I wouldn't be too trusting of someone in that role who doesn't have a little deeper knowledge of mobile devices. I work with engineers in the IT field and most of them are carrying android devices but none of them are Samsung. A lot of powerful non mainstream devices, no PRIVs though.
    This is exactly right!! Too many uneducated IT people make biased decisions for their company. They should know the mobile industry better but they don't. Most companies that have done their homework will be open to Android or iOs. Both can be secure with proper MDM software.
    I'm in the software business and the techies I meet mostly use stock Android devices like Nexus and now Pixel. Most are very anti iOs. And for good reason :-)
    04-16-17 10:57 PM
    This is exactly right!! Too many uneducated IT people make biased decisions for their company. They should know the mobile industry better but they don't. Most companies that have done their homework will be open to Android or iOs. Both can be secure with proper MDM software.
    I'm in the software business and the techies I meet mostly use stock Android devices like Nexus and now Pixel. Most are very anti iOs. And for good reason :-)
    My experience has been similar with numerous IT people at work. But, they seem to care less about hardware and more about getting it hooked up to the network. I don't think it is incompetence though. I don't know the 0.05% of some small area in my line of work either.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 06:57 AM
    My experience has been similar with numerous IT people at work. But, they seem to care less about hardware and more about getting it hooked up to the network. I don't think it is incompetence though. I don't know the 0.05% of some small area in my line of work either.

Posted via CB10
    And cell phone companies aren't much better. I just got a call from Verizon trying to get us to change our plan since we are getting close to our data limits. She confirmed I had a Q10 then said "I notice there is also a Samsung Galaxy on the account. It must be using all the data because it is a smartphone."

Posted via CB10
    04-17-17 09:21 AM
    I think there's both negative and positive comments about blackberry when people see them. I've had my share of both
    04-17-17 10:04 AM
    The things we surround ourselves with are an imperfect reflection of who we are. For my part, I need a broader context than 'I have an iphone/BlackBerry/Samsung' etc. There is so much more to care about.

Posted via CB10
    donnation and BigBadWulf like this.
    04-17-17 12:02 PM
191 ... 5678