It's not overpriced but it's not a good deal either, when you compare other phones with the same specs and cpu like the moto z play you are paying $100 to $200 more for the keyboard keeping in mind that the keyone has a smaller screen. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it. If they would have included stereo speakers, wireless charging, dust and water resistance and 4gb of ram then it would be an excellent price but as it stands it is just an "ok" price. I will still buy it though.
    04-30-17 10:48 PM
    It's not overpriced but it's not a good deal either, when you compare other phones with the same specs and cpu like the moto z play you are paying $100 to $200 more for the keyboard keeping in mind that the keyone has a smaller screen. You have to ask yourself if it is worth it. If they would have included stereo speakers, wireless charging, dust and water resistance and 4gb of ram then it would be an excellent price but as it stands it is just an "ok" price. I will still buy it though.
    Any blackberry price is ok for most crackberrians, that's it.
    05-01-17 01:10 AM
    Any blackberry price is ok for most crackberrians, that's it.
    Yes, crackberrian will buy keyon even it cost $800 but blackberry resale value will be heart breaking lol.
    05-01-17 01:34 AM
    Yes, crackberrian will buy keyon even it cost $800 but blackberry resale value will be heart breaking lol.
    I know it's been said before but CB users aren't willing to pay asking price for these JUST because it's a BlackBerry per se, but rather many of us have a "must have" list that includes a physical keyboard and app compatibility...

Call it whatever you want, but the "list" of PKB phones is a very short one that begins and ends with BlackBerry devices.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-01-17 01:58 AM
    Given that iPhones are around £500 and the market leader I guess there is an argument for a lower-priced KEYone that would tempt people away from Apple.
    People buying Apple aren't shy to spend the money and the larger markets, i.e. U.S., still have payment plans that make acquiring feasible. It's not about the price.

Apple isn't what TCL is after. They're after a larger piece of the Android market.

Equally though, maybe there's enough demand out there for a PKB to justify the higher price.
    Or lack of demand, thus the higher pricing due to the lower volume.
    spantch101 likes this.
    05-02-17 02:13 PM
    I think the key question is how many extra units would they have shifted at £399? Certainly price was mentioned as a barrier by more than a few on here after KEYone was announced.

As ever though, Internet chat is one thing but actually buying is another. Will be interesting to see if/when the first price drop occurs.

PS - if I wasn't mid-contract with a carrier I'd be snapping one up now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-17 02:27 PM
    People buying Apple aren't shy to spend the money and the larger markets, i.e. U.S., still have payment plans that make acquiring feasible. It's not about the price.

Apple isn't what TCL is after. They're after a larger piece of the Android market.

Or lack of demand, thus the higher pricing due to the lower volume.
    But apple's iPhone SE 32gb is so much powerful than KEYone and it cost only $399. Apple does charge premium but they have really good specification.
    05-02-17 03:09 PM
    But apple's iPhone SE 32gb is so much powerful than KEYone and it cost only $399. Apple does charge premium but they have really good specification.
    http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8508

KEYone specs murder it.

More than double the battery, Octacore not dual core, better cameras, an extra gig of ram, gorilla glass.
    05-02-17 04:05 PM
    If people are buying iPhone's, they're more likely to buy the latest at $199/299/399 out-the-door price + cheap ongoing payments than buying an old model like the SE. As to whether the SE is a better value than the KEYone, that's up to the buyer.
    05-02-17 04:11 PM
    Apple iPhone SE vs. BlackBerry Keyone - GSMArena.com

KEYone specs murder it.

More than double the battery, Octacore not dual core, better cameras, an extra gig of ram, gorilla glass.
    Yep, it's up to the buyer. Perhaps krazyatom doesn't value any of the things you listed, in which case, he/she doesn't see the point in spending the extra $150.
    Last edited by cbvinh; 05-02-17 at 04:52 PM. Reason: krazytom->krazyatom
    05-02-17 04:15 PM
    http://m.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?i...&idPhone2=8508

KEYone specs murder it.

Facepalm
    05-02-17 04:44 PM
    I know it's been said before but CB users aren't willing to pay asking price for these JUST because it's a BlackBerry per se, but rather many of us have a "must have" list that includes a physical keyboard and app compatibility...
    And that makes pkb only could worth for 150-200$ more eventhough the other hardwares are pretty much midrange.
    05-02-17 05:01 PM
    Facepalm
    I'm looking at this phone and have naturally looked into this subject. The 625 processor appears to be more than powerful enough for us who don't play 4K games, but want a capable processor and one that has long legs.

Why Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 is the right choice for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4?

This goes into much more detail than I'll ever understand, but some of the phones that are cheaper are mentioned. Regardless of the keyboard, none come with the extra security and hub software, and a Sony camera. Let alone an all metal construction.
    05-02-17 05:02 PM
    Yep, it's up to the buyer. Perhaps krazyatom doesn't value any of the things you listed, in which case, he/she doesn't see the point in spending the extra $150.
    05-02-17 05:17 PM
    Yep, plus the Hub+ suite of apps included (I don't know what they retail for):

BlackBerry® Hub
    BlackBerry® Calendar
    BlackBerry® Password Keeper™
    Contacts by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry® Device Search
    Notes by BlackBerry
    Tasks by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry® Launcher
    05-02-17 05:18 PM
    Agreed in general with your statement. Price really is about what a product is worth to you the individual consumer. Not about absolute specs.

But I wouldn't agree that the iPhone SE had good specs. In absolute terms it wasn't "the best" specs as he had stated. But in terms of utility and is the phone worth it to you, yes I agree with you. Up to the consumer to decide.

Because of this reason I also think there is no such thing as "the best phone." Everyone values different features.
    05-02-17 05:21 PM
    One with snapdragon 625 3gb and 4gb. Just some benchmark. Not bad for mid ranger.

chain13 likes this.
    05-02-17 05:52 PM
    One with snapdragon 625 3gb and 4gb. Just some benchmark. Not bad for mid ranger.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...4ff0b34470.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...2eb13c8030.jpg
    Thank you! I was actually about to go look at benchmarks. You saved me some searching.
    05-02-17 05:59 PM
    Here is priv

05-02-17 06:08 PM
    Here is iPhone SE

chain13 likes this.
    05-02-17 06:11 PM
    I think your missing the point sir.

My 2.2 turbo diesel Mercedes E class more than does the job, and gives me 50 mpg.

There is an AMG version that is much more powerful, but I'm unable to really use that power for what I generally do, and it only returns 15-17 MPG.

But I do a lot more miles than I ever do going really fast, so being able to do the job and give me 50 MPG is paramount.
    krazyatom likes this.
    05-02-17 06:55 PM
    Every Phone is over priced, just get the phone you like and enjoy.
    05-02-17 07:46 PM
    Yep, plus the Hub+ suite of apps included (I don't know what they retail for):

BlackBerry® Hub
    BlackBerry® Calendar
    BlackBerry® Password Keeper™
    Contacts by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry® Device Search
    Notes by BlackBerry
    Tasks by BlackBerry
    BlackBerry® Launcher
    Most of them are free in the playstore.

So what 150$ is for? PKB?
    05-02-17 09:12 PM
    Most of them are free in the playstore.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a9b636609d.jpg

So what 150$ is for? PKB?
    Oh my gosh! You've convinced us! The KEYone is overpriced! Your logic is impeccable! Please go forth and unleash your wisdom elsewhere...

As a mental exercise, try to argue from the other point of view. Can you do it? What makes the KEYone worth $150 "extra"?
    05-02-17 09:28 PM
    Not good for over 500$ phone
    05-02-17 09:37 PM
520 ... 1718192021