People, people, people! If your over $500 and brand new device has obvious hardware issue's or any issue for over 7 days, for goodness sake contact the seller and arrange a return.

What is the point in posting a question about a probable phone hardware defect. I assume most phone buyers are savvy enough to know about and how to perform a factory reset?

Bottom line: if your brand new phone which cost you more than $500 and after a factory wipe and for example seven days of use, your actual phone calls are dropping and this never happened with same sim in same location, or PKB key or keys are not lighting up, or screen falls off or back has a gap and you can see it move up and down,

Return It!!

What would u do if you ordered a steak dinner and all the side dishes were there but no steak, or bought a new car and there was no front seat, or bought a new house and there was no kitchen?
    What is you had cancer? Would go ask a bunch of strangers on what to do? No. you go to the source, a cancer doctor, the dealership you bought the car from, or the seller you bought the phone from, beat down the door of the home builder/contractor!

If whatever you buy doesn't function as advertised, you have the right to a replacement of full refund, the TCL has a one year manufacturer defect warranty, Every seller should have a no questions asked return policy, ask before you buy! What is seller return policy!
    06-04-17 08:53 AM
    your absolutely right crackberry.com needs to be shut down whats the point of having it around.
    06-04-17 09:12 AM
    your absolutely right crackberry.com needs to be shut down whats the point of having it around.
    It's clear from all the request for help on CrackBerry that many people barely understand how their phone works, let alone how to do a factory reset and what that does to all their settings and personal data.
    Adam Frix likes this.
    06-04-17 09:28 AM
    Not my point, sarcasm not appreciated, CB is an excellent resource, but this issue stated in OP is a common, global, universal, Buyer must take personal responsibility for protecting them-self. I can't even begin to accept trying to personally fix a brand new $500Plus product! Know your seller before you buy is the intelligent thing don't you think? If you just salivate and fast buy and don't do seller back ground before purchase then shame on the buyer!
    06-04-17 09:33 AM
    Not my point, sarcasm not appreciated, CB is an excellent resource, but this issue stated in OP is a common, global, universal, Buyer must take personal responsibility for protecting them-self. I can't even begin to accept trying to personally fix a brand new $500Plus product! Know your seller before you buy is the intelligent thing don't you think? If you just salivate and fast buy and don't do seller back ground before purchase then shame on the buyer!
    im sure most of the buyers got their phones from "reputable" sources be it amazon or thru their cell phone company
    06-04-17 09:36 AM
    We are the official support for BB going forward. The front of customer service for many. If people have issues, ANY issues we encourage them to post and see if we can help them. For many they post issues just to see if there is any other members with the same problem. The lighting on the keyboard seems off for some keys on almost ALL devices. It might not be worth exchanging since this seems to be the case. Some issues are just software so those might be easily fixed. Bottom line is yes they did pay $500+ for the device and we as CB are official support for them and will help them even if the conclusion is just to return the device.
    Devhux, wysiwyg86, Bay 13 and 1 others like this.
    06-04-17 09:51 AM
    My decision to buy/not buy this phone is based on the topics here and general reviews. People here mention things that i've never heard in reviews so its pretty nice to know what the real strenghts and weaknesses of this device are.
    wysiwyg86 likes this.
    06-04-17 09:56 AM
    My decision to buy/not buy this phone is based on the topics here and general reviews. People here mention things that i've never heard in reviews so its pretty nice to know what the real strenghts and weaknesses of this device are.
    Agreed. I appreciate people posting their issues here as well.
    wysiwyg86 likes this.
    06-04-17 11:31 AM
    Why do you care OP? People can post whatever the hell they want as long as it's within the forum rules. You aren't obligated to read it.
    MikeX74 and andy957 like this.
    06-04-17 12:07 PM
    I want people to post any and all issues and questions exactly because it's a $500+ phone. Will make my buying decision that much more informed. When I purchase a car, I put more stock in reliability studies and car forums from actual users compared to auto journalists who only use it for a short amount of time

Posted via my Passport SE
    Bay 13 likes this.
    06-04-17 12:10 PM
    Posting on here can help the consumer, as well as forum members know about the issue so that we may tackle it together as a community. And I'm glad people are posting their problems on here so that we can see what issues people are facing with this phone so that we may avoid them or be careful
    06-04-17 12:39 PM
    I think a few reasons OP.

I personally want to see if there are issues I can fix on my own. Why return a device if I may not be aware of a setting and someone in my community can help me.

Also, if there is a hardware issue it can help gauge if it is an issue with all phones. Or if the device I have is a bad apple.

This helps me decide if I should exchange or return.

It also helps people decide if they should bother buying the phone or pass.
    06-04-17 12:45 PM
    It's clear from all the request for help on CrackBerry that many people barely understand how their phone works, let alone how to do a factory reset and what that does to all their settings and personal data.
    Absolutely. So instead of even poking around to try to figure it out, they come here to ask questions which, frankly, are documented at blackberrymobile.com.

Car forums are the same way. Someone will buy a new car and then immediately go into the forum asking questions that are either (a) about a problem that they should immediately take to the dealer for warranty repair, or (b) about "how to use" items that are clearly documented in the owners manual.

When this is pointed out to them, people will boldly and proudly say that they never read the owner's manual--and then continue to bother the world, as if the world is obligated to accommodate them.

The world has devolved forums like this into places where people come to declare that the world is obligated to help them in lieu of their reading the owner's manual.
    06-04-17 12:50 PM
    We are the official support for BB going forward.
    Nope. Blackberrymobile.com is the official support for BB going forward, starting with the K1.

It's the old blackberry.com, with the Priv and DTEK stuff that they sold, that dumped support here.
    06-04-17 12:52 PM
    Nope. Blackberrymobile.com is the official support for BB going forward, starting with the K1.

It's the old blackberry.com, with the Priv and DTEK stuff that they sold, that dumped support here.
    i dont see any BBmobile forums over there so....

oh and this

You could call us biased, and you wouldn’t be wrong, because at CrackBerry we love BlackBerry and think you should own a BlackBerry Smartphone! We also work as a community support and marketing partner with BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile. Our immense passion and knowledge of BlackBerry by our editors and community members make this the best resource for BlackBerry you’ll find anywhere!
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-04-17 at 01:58 PM.
    06-04-17 01:34 PM
    I kind of agree with the OP. The ability to reason through a problem to see if they can resolve It themselves seems to be a skill of increasing rarity...
    06-04-17 01:44 PM
    I kind of agree with the OP. The ability to reason through a problem to see if they can resolve It themselves seems to be a skill of increasing rarity...
    Be that as it may the CrackBerry forums are the primary support resource for BlackBerry users of all experience levels.
    06-04-17 03:34 PM
    This forum is and has always been a resource for people to post issues, ask questions, and discuss BlackBerry phones. I for one am glad people post issues. Stuff like a red line down the screen or a screen falling out aren't in the manual. I like to see what others are experiencing with their phones and what and if they have had any problems with it.
    kbz1960 and MikeX74 like this.
    06-04-17 03:45 PM