I am not trying to be snarky. I am genuinely interested to know why there seems to be so much anticipation for getting Oreo on the K1. Are there some specific features that people are excited about? Is it just the idea of having something newer?

Help me understand why it is such a hot topic here.
    07-10-18 08:44 PM
    People here just love updates man. Whether it's a security update or an OS update, they get an impulse to have the latest and greatest updates.
    07-10-18 08:52 PM
    I am not trying to be snarky. I am genuinely interested to know why there seems to be so much anticipation for getting Oreo on the K1. Are there some specific features that people are excited about? Is it just the idea of having something newer?

1/3 because of new features and improvements, and 2/3 because it's new. My take anyway.
    07-10-18 08:53 PM
    I am hopeful that Oreo will add wi fi calling to the AT&T branded KeyOne like the Rogers update is reported to do with Rogers branded Keyones
    pantagruel_bb likes this.
    07-10-18 09:07 PM
    Looking forward to solving critical 7. issues like WiFi Internet dropout, periodic random re-boots, faster speed, better memory handling ...
    07-10-18 09:09 PM
    Looking forward to solving critical 7. issues like WiFi Internet dropout, periodic random re-boots, faster speed, better memory handling ...
    Better handling of memory is the only feature I care about in Oreo. The rest will be a plus.
    pantagruel_bb and gqmovement like this.
    07-10-18 09:20 PM
    Wifi drop and re-boots?
    Damn I havent encountered those (not to brag)
    But lot of various issues everyone has.

Speed, memory, battery is!!
    07-10-18 09:33 PM
    I am hopeful that Oreo will add wi fi calling to the AT&T branded KeyOne like the Rogers update is reported to do with Rogers branded Keyones
    Unlikely.

WiFi calling is a lot more complex people than people on this site give it credit for:
    - line provisioning
    - modem and sw configuration
    - figuring out how to push a custom branded Ts & Cs intermodal to devices that originated off network and in a different locale.
    - region-specific live location vs ip address location is handled differently.
    - emergency address sharing
    - WiFi to cell handoff handling
    - the presence (or lack) of the right crypto cipher for encrypting communications. Some devices just don't have the right one for that network. Crypto ciphers are governed by export control. Let's not forget the days when we had to provide our names & contact info to BlackBerry just to download a software update or the desktop software.

The Android market is very fragmented and makes it difficult to support.

Of course, it can be done. Are there carriers that support it? I'm not denying that. I'm only suggesting that there's a lot more difficulty than everyone on this site wants to give it credit for. It requires more than "flipping a switch."
    skinnymike1 and pantagruel_bb like this.
    07-10-18 09:46 PM
    For me, I just want to be able to connect to my WiFi securely.

Other than that Nougat is smooth! I am actually worried Oreo will "break" some things...especially Level 1 & 2 notification controls.
    pantagruel_bb and RLeeSimon like this.
    07-10-18 10:12 PM
    For me, it is the promised wifi calling. If they'd just make that available with 7.1, I'd be okay with it.
    07-10-18 10:17 PM
    I'm not going to install it until I read others bug reports lol. of I could I would go back to my November patch cuz my 5ghz Wi-Fi was working.

No rush from me.
    pantagruel_bb and Smokeaire like this.
    07-10-18 10:46 PM
    well for me its less oreo and more monthly updates. my phone gets bogged down by three weeks into a month.
    07-10-18 10:46 PM
    I have Oreo on another device, and frankly, I hate the bright white background in 'Settings', etc. For my purposes, anyway, no quantifiable devices. I am sure others may feel differently.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 01:37 AM
    *differences, I mean...

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 02:00 AM

I was looking forward to the password autofill API that comes with Oreo, but BlackBerry Password Keeper has been functioning really good lately. No more problems that the autofill feature kept switching itself off.

Another point why I look forward to Oreo might be completely bogus: project Treble. I keep hoping that this might help BlackBerry and BlackBerry Mobile with facilitating security updates in a smoother manner than is currently the case. I realise that this is very likely wishful thinking though.
    07-11-18 02:01 AM
    I have Oreo on another device, and frankly, I hate the bright white background in 'Settings', etc. For my purposes, anyway, no quantifiable devices. I am sure others may feel differently.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, had to.

Why the Oreo excitement?-screenshot_2018-07-11-04-29-37.jpg
    07-11-18 04:32 AM
    Sorry, had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-11-04-29-37.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	437746
    How do you do that? Is that something BlackBerry Android can do??
    NightFire likes this.
    07-11-18 05:02 AM
    *deleted*

Replied to wrong individual, sorry.
    07-11-18 05:28 AM
    Sorry, had to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2018-07-11-04-29-37.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	52.4 KB 
ID:	437746
    Color inversion?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-18 05:31 AM
    You would think that Oreo was the second coming of God with all the excitement around it. Hopefully it for fills everyone's wishes other wise the suicide rate amongst blackberry users will spike Ha Ha
    07-11-18 10:06 AM
    From corporate fleet administration standpoint, Oreo's support for zero touch enrollment is a big deal and long overdue.
    07-11-18 10:35 AM
    Give me the latest and greatest please. Gimme, gimme, gimme!
    07-11-18 11:06 AM
    and you will expect it to go on like kid gloves only to find it w4 produced by E. Scissorhands
    pantagruel_bb and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-11-18 11:32 AM
    For me I think mostly just due to the newness. that said, it would be wonderful if there were improvements to wifi, etc. I think I just like to impulsively check for updates.
    pantagruel_bb and skinnymike1 like this.
    07-11-18 12:40 PM
    How do you do that? Is that something BlackBerry Android can do??
    Color inversion?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if BlackBerry Android does themes; that's the black theme that LG includes.
    07-12-18 05:27 AM
38 12