This number is completely wrong and way off. You should probably do some research before making such claims. More Dunt Dunt Dunt facts? Similar to the "keyboard device is never coming and if it does it will be for Indonesia only" or "licencees won't be licencing everything from BlackBerry and can pick and choose so Indonesia will not licence the security software and just build a cheap Android phone with BlackBerry name on it" . How did those work out?
    I admit I'm wrong pretty often, as it's hard to follow BlackBerry's logic for doing things that seem to always end in failure.

Might be wrong on this too as I'm not a expert on TCL... just did a quick Google Search and came up with this http://www.tclcom.com/admin/document...NG%20final.pdf

As you have a better understanding of TCL and how well they are doing in the mobile market, please help me out with the correct information.
    03-10-17 07:47 AM
    For years, BlackBerry was under tremendous pressure from "Wall Street" & the "Media" of course (perhaps Mr. Trump knows something...).
    Another BB Hardware meant the total ANNIHILATION of the brand and of course, the "Take-over" by Apple (I assume Apple... For security reasons stated in 2012, the Canadian Government opposed Samsung's offer!).
    If you know the history of "RIM" (BB) company, you would remember all the fuss about BB PlayBook (QNX) for being 7" ("How they can do such a think? Ridiculous!" by the "Media" - I'm citing from memory).
    Apple (plus Microsoft, Sony, Ericson, RIM/BlackBerry "Et al") managed to take out Google in bidding for "Nortel" patents with a $4.5 billion bidding.
    Apple buried Microsoft's phone, they had huge markups and profits and could afford to do this!
    What is next for Apple vs. BlackBerry... ("God knows!")
    03-10-17 09:27 AM
    For years, BlackBerry was under tremendous pressure from "Wall Street" & the "Media" of course (perhaps Mr. Trump knows something...).
    Another BB Hardware meant the total ANNIHILATION of the brand and of course, the "Take-over" by Apple (I assume Apple... For security reasons stated in 2012, the Canadian Government opposed Samsung's offer!).
    If you know the history of "RIM" (BB) company, you would remember all the fuss about BB PlayBook (QNX) for being 7" ("How they can do such a think? Ridiculous!" by the "Media" - I'm citing from memory).
    Apple (plus Microsoft, Sony, Ericson, RIM/BlackBerry "Et al") managed to take out Google in bidding for "Nortel" patents with a $4.5 billion bidding.
    Apple buried Microsoft's phone, they had huge markups and profits and could afford to do this!
    What is next for Apple vs. BlackBerry... ("God knows!")
    ?.....?........

Steve Jobs laughed at the 7" Tablet... and he was wrong. Most of the media laughed at a 7" tablet that cost as much as a 10" one, and didn't even have email.

BlackBerry history... need to get a copy of Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry.... Only thing Apple did was make a product that consumers wanted.

What's next is BlackBerry the hardware company fades into history, and BlackBerry the software company tries to carve out a niche for themselves. If there is a BlackBerry vs. anyone... it Linux in automotive and a dozen or so other MDM companies.
    03-10-17 01:17 PM
    Thank you for pointing to "The Untold Story..."!
    I was not aware of it's existence, just noticed was published last (mid) year.
    should I tell you how pleased we are with our BB-PB's?!? I had mine in my cargo pants pocket an "my better half" in her small purse, all through Europe; the quality of the sound, video and pictures blew away the "i - Connoisseurs"!
    It's impossible to rationale with "Media controlled bipeds" part of a "pack", following the donkey!
    Thanks again "D_ D_ D_ "!!!
    Cheers,
    m.-
    P.S.: You know someone "bvr"?!?
    03-10-17 03:34 PM
    ?.....?........

Steve Jobs laughed at the 7" Tablet... and he was wrong. Most of the media laughed at a 7" tablet that cost as much as a 10" one, and didn't even have email.

BlackBerry history... need to get a copy of Losing the Signal: The Untold Story Behind the Extraordinary Rise and Spectacular Fall of BlackBerry.... Only thing Apple did was make a product that consumers wanted.

What's next is BlackBerry the hardware company fades into history, and BlackBerry the software company tries to carve out a niche for themselves. If there is a BlackBerry vs. anyone... it Linux in automotive and a dozen or so other MDM companies.
    So if BlackBerry has nothing for you or is of no interest to you then what is your motivation? You spend a lot of time here talking about an obscure niche software company haha.
    03-10-17 04:48 PM
    So if BlackBerry has nothing for you or is of no interest to you then what is your motivation? You spend a lot of time here talking about an obscure niche software company haha.
    Maybe like a certain someone else here he is a "professional academic".
    03-10-17 04:49 PM
    Maybe like a certain someone else here he is a "professional academic".
    Which one? There are a few.
    03-10-17 04:55 PM
    Which one? There are a few.
    Well there is one who goes by a similar name on Reddit, who said he would eat a hat if KEYone makes it to production. Lately he's around citing 500 pounds is DOA.

I won't name names... lol
    03-10-17 04:58 PM
    Well there is one who goes by a similar name on Reddit, who said he would eat a hat if KEYone makes it to production. Lately he's around citing 500 pounds is DOA.

I won't name names... lol
    Lol i think i know who you are talking about. Thought you initially meant the one who swore up and down with absolute conviction that the Z30 will be the last device ever bearing the BlackBerry name.
    Last edited by ray689; 03-10-17 at 07:59 PM.
    03-10-17 05:00 PM
34 12