In hub it show's that a text message was delivered and when opened the message is not there. I can have conversations where only my texts are visible and the other persons is missing. Is this common? how can it be fixed? i have already tried multiple times a reboot i have my messenger (the standard one that comes with the phone) updated and nothing seems to be helping or changing. Any suggestions?
    pete711 likes this.
    10-04-18 12:29 PM
    In hub it show's that a text message was delivered and when opened the message is not there. I can have conversations where only my texts are visible and the other persons is missing. Is this common? how can it be fixed? i have already tried multiple times a reboot i have my messenger (the standard one that comes with the phone) updated and nothing seems to be helping or changing. Any suggestions?
    If you have not tried the 32+ second restart give that a try

Press and HOLD the Power button for 32+ seconds. Ignore the screen and any vibrations or sounds and then let it reboot.

Also try UNinstalling and reinstalling the messenger app.
    pete711 likes this.
    10-04-18 02:29 PM
    How do I uninstall and reinstall the messenger app?
    12-04-18 03:51 PM
    My wife's Motion is doing a similar thing and group messages will not work on her phone.
    12-04-18 06:59 PM
    I had the same problem. I loaded Textra and have not had any problems. I also repeatedly received group messages that were one to two years old every time I rebooted my phone.
    pete711 likes this.
    12-04-18 09:23 PM
    Is there a way to uninstall the SMS Texting App that came with the KeyONE or can I install Textra without uninstall?
    12-05-18 01:50 AM
    Installed Textra and it and at the bottom was question make Default SMS, which changed from delivered Messages App to Textra App for SMS / Text Messages.
    12-05-18 01:59 AM
    Is there a way to uninstall the SMS Texting App that came with the KeyONE or can I install Textra without uninstall?
    To answer this, no you cannot uninstall the default texting app. The best you'd be able to do is to clear cache and data, then reboot the phone.

It seems you got Textra working though, so no real need to do that now.
    12-05-18 11:41 AM
    what does textra add? ...taketh away?
    12-05-18 12:08 PM
    In my experience, it simply works. I don't see it as being remarkably better than Messages in terms of functionality. I started using it because of missing messages and repeat group messages, which has not occurred since I made Textra my default app in September. However, there are several articles online, which name Textra as a top messaging app because of customizability.

https://www.techjunkie.com/best-text...-apps-android/
    https://www.androidcentral.com/best-text-messaging-apps

As an added note, I sometimes wonder if the problem I had with Messages is somewhat self-inflicted. I loaded my old messages onto my KEYone during my initial set-up and think it may have contributed to issues with indexing, receiving and transmission of text messages. For the record, my previous device was a Windows phone.
    12-05-18 12:26 PM
    Everything worked great immediately after switching to Textra, the missing texts no longer occurred and so I didn't have to restart the KeyONE a few times a day while relying on the HUB to find out when a message was missing. The only thing I noticed with Textra, is that there was no CALL button for each message so I have to go to message details get the sender details and then call from there. There may be more but this was in the first day usage. Thanks
    12-05-18 11:01 PM
    There is a call button if you click on the down arrow next to the name at the top when you are reading texts.
    12-06-18 01:18 AM
    Yes, thanks, thats what I was using, I just didn't remember when I posted the issue.
    12-06-18 01:50 AM
    I have had a similar positive experience with Yaata which is one of the main competitors to Textra.

FYI, Yaata has the call button at the top if that's an issue for you.

One more thing, if planning to use an alternate app for TXTing after clearing the cache for the default Messages app you can disable it. You won't have any negative effects because all these apps are a viewer to the Google messaging subsystem.
    12-06-18 05:17 AM