I have BB KeyOne Black Edition, pretty often the fingerprint scanner does not recognize my fingerprints... the solution is to use the wipe (tshirt or something) but it is so often so impossible that this space button is dirty or wet ;/ it is making me angry. Please help, any magic advice will be very helpfull, it is only in my BB or anyone has the same issue?
    01-27-19 05:46 AM
    I have same phone and I must confess so far the scanner has been flawless...... I sometimes work in a kitchen and oil/grease is the scanners worst enemy even a little.
    if when you clean it, then it works is there something else like what job do you do?
    01-27-19 03:52 PM
    When you registered your finger, did you scan it in multiple positions across a wide area of your finger? My KEYone Fingerprint scanner flawlessly recognizes my thumb at a wide variety of angles because I registered it that way at set up.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    01-27-19 05:17 PM
    @Slitek I haven't tried this myself so proceed with caution. Have you tried using rubbing alcohol on it? If there's a build up of oil (as mine has) the rubbing alcohol would break that down. Dab the top of a piece of cloth and wring out the excess then wipe down the scanner.

My scanner has been doing the same thing for months and it didn't occur to me to try rubbing alcohol until reading you post! I would try myself but the scanner has stopped working all together.
    02-16-19 03:45 PM
    rubbing alcohol is mostly water

right next to the spacebar beneath is the other keys, microphone, speaker, and of course the USB that connects directly via a connection block on the motherboard

using water on a cellphone not sealed is like asking the Boston Strangler to massage your neck
    02-16-19 04:42 PM
    "Rubbing alcohol is mostly water"

right next to the spacebar beneath is the other keys, microphone, speaker, and of course the USB that connects directly via a connection block on the motherboard

using water on a cellphone not sealed is like asking the Boston Strangler to massage your neck
    Not really true anymore. "Rubbing alcohol" is used pretty loosely nowadays to include isopropyl alcohol. Both rubbing (a type of denatured alcohol) and isopropyl have a minimum of 70% of their base chemical, the rest being additives and water. I use 97% and 99% isopropyl to clean my violin strings and some of my electronic devices, as recommended by a Honeywell rep who we deal with on some aviation avionics.

Used on a lightly dampened rag will pose no danger to any surrounding parts of the sensor.
    02-17-19 03:53 PM
    There are phone surface degreasing rags sold with warranty. Alcohols are mutually miscible and dissolve water and oil soluble items. The glues in phone may be breached wetting the water detection dot voiding warranty.

As an aside, alcohol may remove the oleophobic layer on the display.

Properties. Isopropyl alcohol is miscible in water, ethanol, ether, and chloroform. It will dissolve ethyl cellulose, polyvinyl butyral, many oils, alkaloids, gums and natural resins.

Rubbing alcohol has odor and flavor additives to prevent consumption as much of the content is "grain alcohol" much of which is poisonous taken internally.

I would not recommend any use of alcohol on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    Last edited by RLeeSimon; 02-17-19 at 11:20 PM.
    02-17-19 04:33 PM
    rubbing alcohol is mostly water

LMAO
    02-17-19 09:51 PM
    There are phone surface decreasing rags sold with warranty. Alcohols are mutually miscible and dissolve water and oil soluble items. The glues in phone may be breached wetting the water detection dot voiding warranty.

As an aside, alcohol may remove the oleophobic layer on the display.

Properties. Isopropyl alcohol is miscible in water, ethanol, ether, and chloroform. It will dissolve ethyl cellulose, polyvinyl butyral, many oils, alkaloids, gums and natural resins.

Rubbing alcohol has odor and flavor additives to prevent consumption as much of the content is "grain alcohol" much of which is poisonous taken internally.

I would not recommend any use of alcohol on the KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    So you’re saying that using Bacardi or Captain Morgan are discouraging as well in this particular situation, unless drinking?
    02-17-19 09:54 PM
    If you use rubbing alcohol, use 99% or close to it. Regular 91% will have impurities that can screw up phone.
    02-17-19 10:25 PM
    For any further expertise I would require a pint of Captain and Baccardi as down payment. PM me for shipping details. Calvados may be substituted for either...
    02-17-19 11:15 PM
    Agreed... also, 99% isopropyl will evaporate rapidly... but so will it dissolve plenty of phone components...
    02-17-19 11:18 PM