Non sense because it happens on blacberry and here is cb world.

My second phone which is 80$ metal built chinese phone, is still harder to be bended over this $500 phone. I saw a user experiencing the screen pops out after a light drop from his ear to the bottom of his car on another thread. Jerry's torture video just showed us that the screen isn't well glued and the ribbon cable could easily broken, that's happen when he bended it. Over 500$ phone really???
    06-11-17 08:06 AM
    Lol. That's because the number of K1s currently in people's hands is a minuscule fraction of the number of iPhone 6 sold at launch.
    It may take larger numbers to detect more problems or if this is a significant issue. Just like when side effects for drugs are found after release that were not found in the smaller numbers used during a clinical trial. Regardless, it has been addressed. Let's see what TCL does to remedy the situation.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 08:49 AM
    Lol. That's because the number of K1s currently in people's hands is a minuscule fraction of the number of iPhone 6 sold at launch.
    Is it? Or perhaps it is because it doesn't have a pocket screen popping problem. Have you heard of a single case of a screen popping out in someone's pocket? Your assumption is not based on a single shred of evidence.
    06-11-17 08:52 AM
    TCL has said they are actively looking at changes in production here. So if you're thinking about buying the device, as I am, then doesn't it make sense to at least wait until they implement those changes?
    06-11-17 08:57 AM
    TCL has said they are actively looking at changes in production here. So if you're thinking about buying the device, as I am, then doesn't it make sense to at least wait until they implement those changes?
    Their exact words:

"Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring."

Translation: They are looking into it. IF they determine extra glue with eliminate display separation, they MIGHT decide to change something.

Lots of if's there. Given my own engineering background, I don't think extra glue would have prevent the screen separating in Jerry's test. The screen might not have popped out like it did, but it would have cracked/shattered, or still separated at the keyboard interface without popping right out. No difference in the end result: a broken unusable phone.
    06-11-17 09:09 AM
    Their exact words:

"Our teams are actively examining additional adhesive measures that might further strengthen and eliminate any possibility of display separation occurring."

Translation: They are looking into it. IF they determine extra glue with eliminate display separation, they MIGHT decide to change something.

Lots of if's there. Given my own engineering background, I don't think extra glue would have prevent the screen separating in Jerry's test. The screen might not have popped out like it did, but it would have cracked/shattered, or still separated at the keyboard interface without popping right out. No difference in the end result: a broken unusable phone.
    I agree. No amount of glue would have stopped that. But, since they have also fallen out or come loose in everyday use, I am glad to hear they are looking into it at least too. I'm an engineer too if that matters.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:14 AM
    Oops, deleted this. Accidentally replied to my own post.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:15 AM
    Deleted
    Last edited by donnation; 06-12-17 at 08:26 AM.
    MikeX74 and Lobwedgephil like this.
    06-11-17 09:21 AM

It speaks to cheap manufacturing.
    It does nothing of the sort.

Look at CBK's video. The only way he could get the KEYᵒⁿᵉ to break was to throw it against a wall. The iPhone and Galaxy already died from the earlier drop test.

TCL has, however, manned up and are willing to make it right for any affected customer, and look into possible improvements in manufacturing if return rates warrant.

TCL is a big company, with deep pockets, who aren't going anywhere, and are not known for building poor products.
    smertz likes this.
    06-11-17 09:23 AM
    I agree. No amount of glue would have stopped that. But, since they have also fallen out or come loose in everyday use, I am glad to hear they are looking into it at least too. I'm an engineer too if that matters.

Posted via CB10
    That explains why your posts are NOT hair on fire.

I think we both agree that a proper assessment of actual failure rates is required to determine if there is either a design or manufacturing defect (2 different problems).

We also seem to agree that the most important thing is for TCL to treat their customers properly.
    06-11-17 09:24 AM
    If no one's screen had popped out, his test wouldn't be an issue. Screens had popped out before the test. If one of Kevin's screens had popped out, there is no way he could disclose it. I'm not saying they have popped out, but if they had, he wouldn't be able to come on here and say that it occurred. It would be like Phil Schiller posting on Apple's home page that his iPhone 6 bent. So while I do think Kevin's tests of the new phones were valuable, there is zero chance that he would be able to show an issue with the KEYone if he has in fact had any. His job is to post nothing but positive for the phone, regardless of whether or not it may have a manufacturing issue.
    So you are saying that the advertising money they are receiving precludes them from posting anything negative about the K1? That seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-11-17 09:26 AM
    So you are saying that the advertising money they are receiving precludes them from posting anything negative about the K1? That seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

Posted via CB10
    Deleted
    Last edited by donnation; 06-12-17 at 08:26 AM.
    06-11-17 09:29 AM
    Well, thanks lol. I am cautious and try to be objective. But there is that saying: where there's smoke, there's fire lol.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    It is, although i don't know if CB has posted anything too critical about BB devices from a 3rd party view.
    Then why post a story featuring the bending video at all and just ignore it instead?

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:32 AM
    I think the issue is that some people on this board have already complained about the screen popping out issues from a (Drop).. Many here did not believe the OP until he posted pictures. The fact that this bend test shows the screen popping out because of lack of adhesive, which I will add was the same thing the OP of that thread said, tells me some phones actually have his issue..

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74 and jmr1015 like this.
    06-11-17 09:33 AM
    Not at all. Of course they can post minor issues with software or it not being waterproof. But there is no way they would post something as problematic as this issue could be if it did in fact happen to one of his phones. If Kevin posted that his KEYone's screen fell out this forum would absolutely melt down. It would also be posting a major issue with the phone and there is no way that would be allowed to happen.
    Pretty accurate here, you wouldn't see critique of downfalls. But thats also excusable when the constant push of it being a business only mid-range device.

Whilst much of the language on the forums puts the k1 as good or better than any flagship device out there. Best phone they ever had. Thus confuse themselves when they find out about sub par parts or lack thereof.
    06-11-17 09:36 AM
    I think the issue is that some people on this board have already complained about the screen popping out issues from a (Drop).. Many here did not believe the OP until he posted pictures. The fact that this bend test shows the screen popping out because of lack of adhesive, which I will add was the same thing the OP of that thread said, tells me some phones actually have his issue..

Posted via CB10
    In the video the screen did not pop off because of lack of adhesive. It popped off because of excessive bending force applied in a manner the device was not designed to accommodate because no reasonable person would expect a phone to encounter anything like that in everyday use.
    06-11-17 09:37 AM
    For those saying it's because the phone has two parts, so does the classic, and I have the funny suspicion that this would not happen so easily with that phone.. I could be wrong though..

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:40 AM
    Well, thanks lol. I am cautious and try to be objective. But there is that saying: where there's smoke, there's fire lol.

Posted via CB10
    For sure. Seen it myself. As a guess, I'm more inclined to believe it's a manufacturing defect in that person's case (the car console) than a design defect. Hopefully we'll find out, but we may never know.

For all we know he parked in front of the deathray building in London immediately prior to knocking it.

London skyscraper’s ‘deathray’ reflection is melting cars, burning businesses, but also cooking eggs | National Post
    06-11-17 09:43 AM
    For those saying it's because the phone has two parts, so does the classic, and I have the funny suspicion that this would not happen so easily with that phone.. I could be wrong though..

Posted via CB10
    It is unclear whether the screens are integrated into the phone bodies the same way though.

Posted via CB10
    06-11-17 09:57 AM
    How many exactly of reported verified screen pop outs are there?
    Let's not pull numbers out of our a--s
    If you say a number then reference each one. don't say "I heard" or "some guy here" or I thought I read it somewhere".
    Reality is we are talking about 1-3 cases of screen pop out. I have only seen one proven by poster The Q
    06-11-17 10:10 AM
    If you say a number then reference each one. don't say "I heard" or "some guy here" or I thought I read it somewhere".
    Reality is we are talking about 1-3 cases of screen pop out. I have only seen one proven by poster The Q
    I think US man last counted 8
    06-11-17 10:24 AM
    If you read the entire post, who'll see more than three.
    UZI is/was in charge of counting them
    06-11-17 10:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, but for a variety of reasons (I have my trusty classic in my hand). The classic appears to have a much stronger frame, it is a smaller phone and it has a smaller screen. Smaller phone means the amount of bending force from the same hands is less (less leverage) making it harder to bend. The extra strength comes at the cost of $$ and extra weight. My classic feels as heavy as the much bigger K1. Tradeoffs.

I can say with certainty I have had my classic sitting in a weighted stand on the dash go flying across the car to smash into the passenger door when making a tight turn.

Survived no problem, but sometimes the SIM card would disconnect after that.
    06-11-17 10:27 AM
114 1234 ...