We all know how amazing the KEYone is for battery life. We can all probably get through the day easily.

I use an old BlackBerry 750 mAh charger to charge my KEYone overnight. Nice and slow, no heat. This will ensure that the KEYone battery lasts longer than is you use the included QC 2.0 quick charger or a QC 3.0 charger.

I will only use a 2.0 or 3.0 if I really need a quick boost (which is almost never).

Ask yourself the question, do you really need to generate unnecessary heat while charging?
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 08:44 AM
    heat?, i use original charger and and I've never noticed it heated.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 08:49 AM
    Yes, QC 2.0 and 3.0 will generate more heat when charging. You may not notice it on the case, but it's there.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 08:51 AM
    Interesting thought. I have both types of chargers on my night table so I'll use a USB C adapter and try this out.
    11-17-17 10:44 AM
    Interesting thought. I have both types of chargers on my night table so I'll use a USB C adapter and try this out.
    Yeah, it makes sense. Why expose the battery to rapid charging if you don't have to? I would use the QC in the unlikely situation where you have to do a "top up".

By providing a low amp charge, the KEYone battery will have a longer and more consistent lifespan. Sure, most people don't keep their phones for more than two years, but battery health will be more optimal during this time.
    Qorax likes this.
    11-17-17 10:48 AM
    Yeah, it makes sense. Why expose the battery to rapid charging if you don't have to? I would use the QC in the unlikely situation where you have to do a "top up".

By providing a low amp charge, the KEYone battery will have a longer and more consistent lifespan. Sure, most people don't keep their phones for more than two years, but battery health will be more optimal during this time.
    The variable voltage and amperage of QC3 will not generate enough extra heat to make any significant difference in the lifespan of the battery.

The MUCH bigger issue is trying to keep the charge between 50 and 80%.
    Last edited by conite; 11-17-17 at 11:49 AM.
    11-17-17 10:52 AM
    The variable voltage and amperage of QC3 will not generate enough heat to make any difference in the lifespan of the battery.

This is true to some degree. But, realistically a larger amp draw and fast charge times will increase battery temperature. Simple thermodynamic laws.

Test your battery temperature on a 750 mAh charger and then on a QC 3.0. There WILL be a difference. How much this affects the life of the battery, not sure, but heat does degrade batteries.

I guess my point is simple.... why rapid charge if you don't need to? Even it it improves the battery longevity by 10%, why not? I charge my phone overnight... so there is not practical difference for me.
    Qorax and johnny_bravo72 like this.
    11-17-17 10:59 AM
    If the charger that came with your Keyone is similar to the one that came with my Priv, it's a 1.4A charger. Although the Priv is QC2.0 compatible, I had to buy a QC2.0 charger. The original charger doesn't generate any heat in my Priv. Even when I use the fast charger, it only gets a little bit warm, but not the whole time that it is charging.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-17-17 12:10 PM
    Forget the heat,

...Even it it improves the battery longevity by 10%, why not?...
    ^This is true. Slow charge (and discharge) do improve the longevity of Li-Ion cells.
    11-17-17 12:31 PM
    If there are no negative side effects of a slow charge, then it really doesn't matter to me since I'm asleep for about 6 hours while it's charging.

Since the KEYone has great battery life, I haven't had to charge it elsewhere!
    11-17-17 01:24 PM

What does this mean? We should keep our batteries always within 50-80% always? Why?
    11-18-17 01:23 AM
    What does this mean? We should keep our batteries always within 50-80% always? Why?
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile...hones-battery/
    11-18-17 06:48 AM
    If the charger that came with your Keyone is similar to the one that came with my Priv, it's a 1.4A charger. Although the Priv is QC2.0 compatible, I had to buy a QC2.0 charger. The original charger doesn't generate any heat in my Priv. Even when I use the fast charger, it only gets a little bit warm, but not the whole time that it is charging.
    The charger that comes with the KEYone is a QC 2.0 charger.
    11-18-17 06:55 AM
    The charger that comes with the KEYone is a QC 2.0 charger.
    Good information, thanks.
    11-18-17 08:07 AM
    Hmmm. So it says for best longevity we need to keep our batteries between 50-80% most of the time.

Wow that would involve a lot of work!
    11-18-17 01:27 PM
    Hmmm. So it says for best longevity we need to keep our batteries between 50-80% most of the time.

Wow that would involve a lot of work!
    It's just something to think about. The takeaway for me is to just top it up when/if you have the chance.
    11-18-17 02:15 PM
    It's just something to think about. The takeaway for me is to just top it up when/if you have the chance.
    Thanks. The theory sounds solid and is much easier to comply with on my ipad pro which takes so long to charge (even with a 29W charger) due to the battery size. So it's easy to find it within the said range.

But on our Keyone with a smaller battery, simply taking a nap would get the batter from 50% to well over 80% by the time you wake up!
    11-18-17 03:25 PM