Doesn't Android Auto use USB only?

Posted via CB10
    Correct. No video out required.
    06-27-17 02:41 PM
    I want video out so I can use android auto in my truck haha.
    No need.
    06-27-17 02:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    It does, but my truck has the older myford touch and I an't mirror my phone but I could use aux in... Finding an android phone with that capability is proving hard though
    06-27-17 03:50 PM
    Screenshot or no you can't.

You can turn off mobile DATA but not the 3G/LTE modem/radio like you can on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    You're right man, I misunderstood. My mistake. :-)
    06-27-17 09:00 PM
    Chromecast? Apple?
    He meant the Apple approach to solutions.

...Buy my vendor lock-in device to solve the problem that never existed before I took that functionality away...
    johnsliderbb likes this.
    06-27-17 10:48 PM
    He meant the Apple approach to solutions.

...Buy my vendor lock-in device to solve the problem that never existed before I took that functionality away...
    You can also stream to a Roku and many other devices. Not just a Chromecast dongle.
    06-27-17 11:12 PM
    You can also stream to a Roku and many other devices. Not just a Chromecast dongle.
    Right, but I empathize a little bit. When you're traveling and staying in a hotel using their wifi, dongles don't work. I used to connect my old smartphones to the TV over hdmi and play my videos from off my SD card.
    The_Passporter likes this.
    06-27-17 11:23 PM
    Or you are at a client and would like to show something on a larger display. Obviously connecting to client network is not an option for various reasons.

Too bad this functionality is gone.

Referring to the Apple comment to try to find out why functionality got disbanded: Is there also some data collecting involved in the Chrome cast thing? Or is it only for dongle selling purposes?

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    06-28-17 12:52 AM
    Ok. I have a hate. Maybe someone can correct. Really you cannot text (sms) a file like a pdf. Sure you can attach a photo. But I text pdf files and all kinds of files. See no way to do it.
    06-28-17 01:03 AM
    Yes a bit of learning patience my friend. It is not the same BUT BB did try to do a great job matching the HUB but android style. Just give it some time. It is a learning curve as it does not operate the same.
    06-29-17 09:54 AM
    You are simply not used to Android. Don't worry, it will come and you will wonder how you ever got along without it.
    Lol. LMAO.

Sent from one of my SE Passports using BB10 superior software.
    06-29-17 01:03 PM
    Monopolies do not concern you.
    There are two viable platforms not one, unless you can prove collusion or a conspiracy between Google and Apple.
    06-29-17 01:35 PM
    The bb10 platform is so much superior I am game for change. but with Change I expect an upgrade. not just expect what the Masses use. for crying outload you cannot even attach a pdf file or any complex file via text on the keyone. bb10 can. 2 steps back. blackberry link for WiFi had ALl kinds off applications. if you never used it you do not understand. cloud storage is great to a point. the messaging hub on the keyone simply is slower and clunker. the phone sure has some versatility and coolness that the passport did not. am I or will I be as efficient in business communication and productivity and operations. no way!
    06-29-17 11:38 PM
    There are two viable platforms not one, unless you can prove collusion or a conspiracy between Google and Apple.
    Ok, two monopolies, eh?
    06-30-17 01:49 AM
    Ok, two monopolies, eh?
    Duopolyhttps://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duopoly
    06-30-17 02:17 AM
    I totally understand where the OP is coming from, but the reality is that a well set-up android system on the KEYone does most of those things more efficiently.

It took me a while to figure everything out, but by embracing android 7.1 fully, it is actually quite slick.

The one weak point is the Hub, which is great for email, but not particularly efficient for everything else. Much easier to jump between messaging apps using the android navigation (double tap the square to switch between the last two apps is quicker than anything BB10 could do).

Similarly, putting a clock on a home screen gives the quickest imaginable access to all the clock functions in a pretty slick and intuitive way.

As much as I loved BB10, I now find it increasingly clunky and unfinished compared to a well set-up android - particularly on the K1.

As for accessing the control and notification shade, there's a great app to bring it down with a shortcut (called 'Show notifications'). this can be assigned as a short cut. That and a quick swipe anywhere on the screen brings down the whole control panel which in itself can be easily organised to your taste

I absolutely hated android when I first started to use it on a slab phone 6 months ago, so there is hope for the OP
    Barbareren likes this.
    06-30-17 02:42 AM
    One thing I'm annoyed with, is when you check a text message from the hub and then press the back button it returns you to the messages app, and not the hub. So you have to go back to the home screen and open the hub again. You don't have to do it with email or bbm. Just have to get used to things I guess.
    you are pressing the wrong back button.
    when in the text messaging screen use the back button above your keyboard NOT the one at the top of the screen.
    06-30-17 05:38 AM

Posted via CB10
    correct, android auto links via the USB.
    06-30-17 05:42 AM
    Ok, two monopolies, eh?
    Do you use Linux on your computer?
    06-30-17 08:15 AM
    Pity the Ubuntu phone failed.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-17 11:08 AM
    I have the premium paid version of Yaata. how do I customize the vibration, notification sound, flashing light color, and flashing light speed per individual contact?
    07-15-17 12:49 PM
    Who uses the phone App? Use Google Assist or go directly from contacts.
    I like to use device search when I want a specific contact I don't have on my homescreen. I put the dialer shortcut on homescreen too. Skips a lot of bad phone app stuff
    07-15-17 03:12 PM
    using K1 for a 3 weeks now and still unhappy, i migrated from Q10 and missing many good things:

- no HDMI, i cannot use my phone for video player anymore

- new Blackberry Hub is just stupid application, nothing more, really missing old-good-hub

- ridiculous led indicator, only blue (light or very light), red and green

- why system cannot switch to 4G if there is no internet on wifi?

- ugly phone application, very uncomfortable to make a call, check call history, dial other number in call etc. etc.

- not possible to set notification volume for every application

- vibration mode very very light, almost nothing

- tiles on the top of screen very strange, i cannot access to my mobile setting easy, i cannot see wifi network name easy, i cannot go to alarm setting etc.

May be more points, but in total it's looking like degradation, I really need many good functions from Blackberry 10 OS, but don't have in on Nougat.....
    you have still BB10 fever! let it go and then start a New thread

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    07-15-17 03:22 PM
    usually Android gets worse with the time not better...

Via del virtual
    07-15-17 03:48 PM
    The best thing I like with the K1 is that it runs all the apps that I wish I could have on my Classic. I like the form factor and the camera is a big improvement. I really miss a proper Hub implementation though. Having it as just another app is a downer. You just don't have ready access to it with the peek and swipe that's so familiar. It's a good phone and it does more things, but I really don't think it does things more efficiently.
    One thing I'm annoyed with, is when you check a text message from the hub and then press the back button it returns you to the messages app, and not the hub. So you have to go back to the home screen and open the hub again. You don't have to do it with email or bbm. Just have to get used to things I guess.
    Like others said use textra or yaata but I also do believe if you use the back arrow in the messages app it will take you back to the hub rather then the main android back button.
    07-15-17 05:25 PM
137 ... 3456