You can also stream to a Roku and many other devices. Not just a Chromecast dongle.
    Or basically any new smart TV will have the capability built in.
    07-15-17 05:26 PM
    Wait a second. There are phones that have HDMI ports?
    Yes. Most of the BB10 phones did. Micro HDMI ports.
    07-15-17 05:52 PM
    Or basically any new smart TV will have the capability built in.
    Chormecast, smart TV... bla bla, it sounds like crutches for invalid device. With normal hdmi I was able to share device screen and video everywhere, in any tv, video-in, projector, etc etc. Don't deceive yourself
    07-15-17 05:57 PM
    Chormecast, smart TV... bla bla, it sounds like crutches for invalid device. With normal hdmi I was able to share device screen and video everywhere, in any tv, video-in, projector, etc etc. Don't deceive yourself
    Lol the chromecast is simply the same crutch as the cord you plugged in to your BB10. And if a cord is what you wish for then grab a USB-C to HDMI. So maybe you should stop deceiving yourself into thinking BB10 had some special tech.
    07-15-17 06:08 PM
    Definitely the hdmi out is something I miss from my Z30. The Priv has it but you need an adaptor that doesn't always work well.
    BlackBerry had some nice touches built in. Unfortunately, popularity wasn't one of them. So now with Android we gain some things but lose other things. Gotta choose what works for you OP.
    07-15-17 06:12 PM
    Yes. Most of the BB10 phones did. Micro HDMI ports.
    That's not real HDMI. That's like saying Micro USB is a USB port.
    07-16-17 04:28 PM
    Um no? It does yellow, white, pink, cyan and purple too. I just tested it out using a LED manager from Google Play. See for yourself.....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...o.lightmanager

Also, get a TypeC to HDMI off Amazon.
    Doesn't work. Tried every possible combination. It just doesn't work. Have to cast I'm afraid

Posted via CB10
    07-16-17 05:28 PM
    I totally understand where the OP is coming from, but the reality is that a well set-up android system on the KEYone does most of those things more efficiently.

It took me a while to figure everything out, but by embracing android 7.1 fully, it is actually quite slick.

The one weak point is the Hub, which is great for email, but not particularly efficient for everything else. Much easier to jump between messaging apps using the android navigation (double tap the square to switch between the last two apps is quicker than anything BB10 could do).

Similarly, putting a clock on a home screen gives the quickest imaginable access to all the clock functions in a pretty slick and intuitive way.

As much as I loved BB10, I now find it increasingly clunky and unfinished compared to a well set-up android - particularly on the K1.

As for accessing the control and notification shade, there's a great app to bring it down with a shortcut (called 'Show notifications'). this can be assigned as a short cut. That and a quick swipe anywhere on the screen brings down the whole control panel which in itself can be easily organised to your taste

I absolutely hated android when I first started to use it on a slab phone 6 months ago, so there is hope for the OP
    The clock is the only point you have made that is valid. I think you forget what BB10 is capable of.

Your doubled Tap does not surpass a simple swipe sorry. Either from the side to go back to the next msg that needs attention or to the active tiles ready without scrolling through a rolodex.

Similarly there are apps to add a settings shortcuts to either the home screen or a key on the keyboard I'm pretty sure, not that it was a problem accessing the settings menus from the top of the screen since the Passport and the classic were not so tall. Also the quick settings menu can be customized as well.

Inconveniences can be noted to having the addressee bar at the top of the screen in the Web browsers or the Hamburger button at the top left, the furthest point of reach for right handed people, not that it's easy for left handed.

Try and make points in the future that are not the same or better on BB10 if you want to make headway. Lol
    07-16-17 05:37 PM
    Lol the chromecast is simply the same crutch as the cord you plugged in to your BB10. And if a cord is what you wish for then grab a USB-C to HDMI. So maybe you should stop deceiving yourself into thinking BB10 had some special tech.
    Doesn't work. My screen came of and damaged the ribbon so screen doesn't work leaving all my data inside.
    Grabbed all my usb c adaptors and tried every one of them and doesn't work at all. These new phones don't have the capability to work. I was hoping to second screen it to my TV to back up everything etc. Tried and tested and doesn't work.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-17 05:43 AM
    I have the premium paid version of Yaata. how do I customize the vibration, notification sound, flashing light color, and flashing light speed per individual contact?
    Go to your conversation list and find the contact you want to customize. From the contact list, tap on their avatar, the picture part, and options should pop up next to it, touch the gear one. Select "Override Global Settings" and then touch "Notifications." From there you can change pretty much everything... Going back one screen you can select "Look and Feel" and change other things like what color the text boxes will be while conversing with that contact...
    07-17-17 07:03 AM
    Many years ago, before it was folded into the USB connector itself via MHL/Slimport/USB-C Alternate Mode.
    Ah the good old days when people in here went on and on about how important having an HDMI port in a phone was and that it was essential for them to have it. Amnesia set in on that one when BlackBerry ditched it. I miss those days.
    07-17-17 07:43 AM
    Wait a second. There are phones that have HDMI ports?
    Micro-hdmi ports on the Z10 and Z30. Not sure about other devices. Micro=hdmi to regular and hook it to TV. Worked like magic!
    Yuri Parakhin likes this.
    07-17-17 12:06 PM
137 ... 456