This is a good example of getting used to a new device.

If you use Yaata SMS, you can go back to the HUB without creating an instance of the SMS App. Some others can do this as well.
    One of the major reasons why HUB is a fail is lack of sms. They failed to integrate sms service in it. Somehow they either can't make it or its an oversight so big you must have been blind to miss it.
    06-23-17 10:43 AM
    The best thing I like with the K1 is that it runs all the apps that I wish I could have on my Classic. I like the form factor and the camera is a big improvement. I really miss a proper Hub implementation though. Having it as just another app is a downer. You just don't have ready access to it with the peek and swipe that's so familiar. It's a good phone and it does more things, but I really don't think it does things more efficiently.
    One thing I'm annoyed with, is when you check a text message from the hub and then press the back button it returns you to the messages app, and not the hub. So you have to go back to the home screen and open the hub again. You don't have to do it with email or bbm. Just have to get used to things I guess.
    Trying to get a slick hub experience on android reminds me of when we used to try to get android apps to run properly on BB10 but could never quite get there. Nothing will ever rival that casual swipe into all your messages and notifications, it was the stuff of genius. I'm just grateful I had a good few years with it, no sense getting out of our prams though now that it's gone.
    06-23-17 10:44 AM
    One of the major reasons why HUB is a fail is lack of sms. They failed to integrate sms service in it. Somehow they either can't make it or its an oversight so big you must have been blind to miss it.
    But Yaata appears fully integrated. That's my point.
    06-23-17 11:09 AM
    Wait a second. There are phones that have HDMI ports?
    My Z30 has one.
    06-23-17 11:13 AM
    Wait a second. There are phones that have HDMI ports?
    Many years ago, before it was folded into the USB connector itself via MHL/Slimport/USB-C Alternate Mode.
    06-23-17 11:14 AM
    using K1 for a 3 weeks now and still unhappy, i migrated from Q10 and missing many good things:

- no HDMI, i cannot use my phone for video player anymore

- new Blackberry Hub is just stupid application, nothing more, really missing old-good-hub

- ridiculous led indicator, only blue (light or very light), red and green

- why system cannot switch to 4G if there is no internet on wifi?

- ugly phone application, very uncomfortable to make a call, check call history, dial other number in call etc. etc.

- not possible to set notification volume for every application

- vibration mode very very light, almost nothing

- tiles on the top of screen very strange, i cannot access to my mobile setting easy, i cannot see wifi network name easy, i cannot go to alarm setting etc.

May be more points, but in total it's looking like degradation, I really need many good functions from Blackberry 10 OS, but don't have in on Nougat.....
    Just return it and stop your ********.
    daynebca likes this.
    06-23-17 11:18 AM
    But why bother when there are so many SMS apps out there? I mean, I like the hub, but there's pretty much no way in heck the BB hub would have offered as much customization options as Yaata Pro or Textra had BB integrated SMS to the hub...
    06-23-17 11:31 AM
    My Z30 has one.
    CURRENT phones. My Q10 has one too, the one I use as a kitchen timer. I won't be using that as an example any time soon, lol.
    06-23-17 11:31 AM
    CURRENT phones. My Q10 has one too, the one I use as a kitchen timer. I won't be using that as an example any time soon, lol.
    LOL. He didn't say current.
    06-23-17 11:39 AM
    Most people probably use the phone app.
    Especially BlackBerry users since phone calls and messaging have always been what these phones are best at.

The BlackBerry 10 homescreen had the phone icon always present in the lower left corner, so those of us coming from BlackBerry 10 probably left the phone icon on our KEYones where it is by default.

Even on my iPhone, the phone application is basic but functional. What I hope they implement on the BlackBerry android phone app, is having the app open to whichever tab you had open last (favorites, recent, contacts) the way iPhone has it.
    You can place the phone app on the bottom left if you want. As a matter of fact, it's there by default. You can also create a keyboard shortcut to it if you want. Not seeing the problem here.
    06-23-17 11:39 AM
    SMS is in the hub
    06-23-17 11:40 AM
    SMS is in the hub
    He means for it to actually send and receive messages like it does for email. Right now it only shows SMS in the hub but you still need to have a separate SMS app to actually do the footwork...
    06-23-17 11:42 AM
    He means for it to actually send and receive messages like it does for email. Right now it only shows SMS in the hub but you still need to have a separate SMS app to actually do the footwork...
    Given there is a default SMS app, not really seeing the issue. I moved from Z30 to Priv to KeyOne. This really isn't an issue. It just works differently than BB10
    06-23-17 12:36 PM
    Given there is a default SMS app, not really seeing the issue. I moved from Z30 to Priv to KeyOne. This really isn't an issue. It just works differently than BB10
    I never said there's an issue, simply explaining what he was saying by it not handling SMS... Don't see where I suggested there's a problem. I'm using Yaata and loving it...
    06-23-17 01:49 PM
    You are clueless about the device/o.s you're bagging.

I love our q10s and am disappointed the keyone doesn't have the flowy bb10 interface or device search.

Thats it.
    06-23-17 03:09 PM
    Yah man, the KEYone is such a cheapy looking device. I mean, instead of milled aluminum they should have went with a high quality material like plastic...
    Oh, my pardons and thousand apologies comrade. Sorry that my statement offends you and doesn't toe the party line and accepted orthodoxy that the KeyOne is the most awesomest device ever created.

Still doesn't change the impression I get everytime I see it in person. Cheap looking. You like it, good for you. Buy it, enjoy it...and life goes on...
    cribble2k and MikeX74 like this.
    06-23-17 07:07 PM
    Not a hundred percent sure, but in the new Hub update I got today (June 23) it said in the new features section that the messages (now know as Android messages) will be integrated. Or maybe I got all that wrong...
    06-23-17 07:09 PM
    Oh, my pardons and thousand apologies comrade. Sorry that my statement offends you and doesn't toe the party line and accepted orthodoxy that the KeyOne is the most awesomest device ever created.

Still doesn't change the impression I get everytime I see it in person. Cheap looking. You like it, good for you. Buy it, enjoy it...and life goes on...
    Hilarious, since I was one of the first to start a thread about why needs to be improved about the KEYone. In there people were accusing me of being a hater. It's so weird how I'm both...
    06-23-17 07:14 PM
    Not a hundred percent sure, but in the new Hub update I got today (June 23) it said in the new features section that the messages (now know as Android messages) will be integrated. Or maybe I got all that wrong...
    No, messages was always integrated into the hub. He is talking about the hub itself actually sending and receiving SMS apps without the need of another app. Like how it handles emails stand-alone...
    adonesc likes this.
    06-23-17 07:15 PM
    That's for RCS messages through Android Messages, specifically.
    adonesc likes this.
    06-23-17 07:15 PM
    No, messages was always integrated into the hub. He is talking about the hub itself actually sending and receiving SMS apps without the need of another app. Like how it handles emails stand-alone...
    Oh ok. Got you. Though, personally, I haven't found that to be a big deal. Besides if you touch the SMS message in the Hub, the app opens right up...so not sure what the problem is on that front.

Hey you forgot to mention that in the other message when I was acuse-replying to you I also called you comrade! Come on, you can't miss that! :-P
    06-23-17 07:23 PM
    That's for RCS messages through Android Messages, specifically.
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    06-23-17 07:24 PM
    Oh ok. Got you. Though, personally, I haven't found that to be a big deal. Besides if you touch the SMS message in the Hub, the app opens right up...so not sure what the problem is on that front.

Hey you forgot to mention that in the other message when I was acuse-replying to you I also called you comrade! Come on, you can't miss that! :-P
    I get your points. Please note that I never once stated that I find this a problem. Simply clarifying what the guy you were replying to meant by that comment. I'm happily using Yaata as my SMS app and it integrates with the hub very well.
    06-23-17 08:08 PM
    you really speak my mind . returning that k1 and going back to classic. plus k1 to big for me after classic. and everythink so complicated ...

using K1 for a 3 weeks now and still unhappy, i migrated from Q10 and missing many good things:

- no HDMI, i cannot use my phone for video player anymore

- new Blackberry Hub is just stupid application, nothing more, really missing old-good-hub

- ridiculous led indicator, only blue (light or very light), red and green

- why system cannot switch to 4G if there is no internet on wifi?

- ugly phone application, very uncomfortable to make a call, check call history, dial other number in call etc. etc.

- not possible to set notification volume for every application

- vibration mode very very light, almost nothing

- tiles on the top of screen very strange, i cannot access to my mobile setting easy, i cannot see wifi network name easy, i cannot go to alarm setting etc.

May be more points, but in total it's looking like degradation, I really need many good functions from Blackberry 10 OS, but don't have in on Nougat.....
    06-23-17 10:36 PM
    This is a good example of getting used to a new device.

If you use Yaata SMS, you can go back to the HUB without creating an instance of the SMS App. Some others can do this as well.
    No, he had a good example of poor software integration and fragmentation. (I've been using Android before Q10 and still use them both along). Nougat is the first version that barely starts look like usable. Still long way to go.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-17 10:47 PM
137 12345 ...