Short: Oreo Bluetooth is broken. Opened eyes to a much larger problem.

Long :
    I was part of the lucky half that got the Oreo update. Used it for many months before buying a pair of QC35 headphones. Originally thought the headphones had an issue as my audio stream would burp / crackle ~ 5 minutes. I got a RMA on the headphones, and still had the same problem. After tweaking every setting known to man I found I could delay the crackle to about ~ 20 min. Turned of AAC, set the bluetooth version to 1.6, and turned off battery optimization. I upgraded via autoloader to the latest Oreo version. Same issue. Downgraded to the last 7.1.1 version prior to Oreo. It works!

Path Forward or lack there of:
    Now I'm stuck in a bit of a conundrum. I'm using an outdated OS and I treat security seriously when it comes to personal stuff. The KeyTwo is still $600 for a 2 year old phone. Not going there, and with the recent debacle I know realize that bugs don't get fixed with Blackberry/TCL. I'm in the camp that the KeyTwo isn't getting Pie. The 3rd option is to buy a Pixel 1 and slap a moguls S4 keyboard on it. Runs Android 10, and is less than $100 these days. Wonder what other BB users are doing or thinking about doing.
    10-24-19 11:58 PM
    I'm thinking about iOS.

I don't like Apple, but I like it better than the rest of the Android ecosystem and BlackBerry is failing me.
    10-25-19 12:20 AM
    I was part of the lucky half that got the Oreo update. .
    The lucky 99%.
    Exedorable likes this.
    10-25-19 01:27 AM
    The only phone that came close to substituting BlackBerry for me was a Note10+, but even that has been returned. I do have a Moto g7 Play laying around for when my 3 year old wants to watch cartoons, but otherwise I'm bouncing between my old Priv and KEYᵒⁿᵉ
    10-27-19 12:18 AM
    sheesh… wow
    10-27-19 10:17 AM