It's clear the CDMA KeyOne was suppose to ship on May 31st and did not, TCL, Blackberry and Crackberry has went silent on this, with NO communication as to why it didn't ship and when will it ship. I am only asking for the CDMA version on the KeyOne no other version.
    06-06-17 06:57 PM
    Expected to ship June 20th-July 10th according to my Amazon order.
    06-06-17 07:03 PM
    I believe there is a thread on here already about that. But from what I remember Amazon never had any in stock to begin with. Which is all TCLs fault and not amazon.
    06-06-17 07:18 PM
    It's clear the CDMA KeyOne was suppose to ship on May 31st and did not, TCL, Blackberry and Crackberry has went silent on this, with NO communication as to why it didn't ship and when will it ship. I am only asking for the CDMA version on the KeyOne no other version.
    Because the CDMA version didn't and still doesn't exist. Amazon never had the CDMA version. TCL probably put out the press release saying it would be available on the 31st so they could claim it would be sold out, rather than admitting that it was delayed again.
    phuoc and PonyCrazyKid like this.
    06-06-17 09:06 PM
    I don't think they had any made on 5/31.

ClassicSQC100-3/10.3.3.2049
    phuoc likes this.
    06-06-17 09:15 PM
    Sigh, since there doesn't seem to be any CDMA KEYones in the wild, we'll have to wait to see if it has any specific issues, but hopefully some of the QC issues will be improved by then. (Gotta be a silver lining, Ha!)
    06-08-17 09:12 AM
    So what's the deal? While the GSM guys and gals eat steak and lobster, us CDMA folks can't even get crumbs off the table? Damn! No love for those of us on Verizon and Sprint?

06-09-17 06:42 PM
    I'll have mine around the 14th next week.
    C_McD likes this.
    06-09-17 06:49 PM
    Sigh, since there doesn't seem to be any CDMA KEYones in the wild, we'll have to wait to see if it has any specific issues, but hopefully some of the QC issues will be improved by then. (Gotta be a silver lining, Ha!)
    I hope the "BlackBerry KEYone 32GB BBB100-2 - 4.7" Inch Factory Unlocked LTE Smartphone" is CDMA, according to USPS tracking there's one sitting in my mailbox. Unfortunately i won't be there to pick it up until mid-week.
    thoms333 and C_McD like this.
    06-09-17 07:55 PM
    So what's the deal? While the GSM guys and gals eat steak and lobster, us CDMA folks can't even get crumbs off the table? Damn! No love for those of us on Verizon and Sprint?

Well to be fair they are the only major networks in North America that still use CDMA. Most other carriers have shut down their CDMA network and are refarming them for LTE.

A lot of manufacturers either make one model of decide that works with all American carriers, or just don't bother adding CDMA because they will sell a pitiful amount to verizon/Sprint customers.

Maybe Verizon/Sprint changed their minds and don't want keyones on their network. That means they might have to support another BlackBerry, and after exchanges and returns, it might simply not be worth it for them.
    06-09-17 08:34 PM
    my credit card just got charged so I assume amazon has them in their possession now
    bluesqueen23 and FF22 like this.
    06-09-17 08:40 PM
    It's a reason no CDMA phones are available, no carrier has committed to the Keyone. TCL lied, Verizon has said nothing about allowing the K1 on its network and i doubt Sprint will allow a CDMA phone not branded Sprint on their network. I wouldn't buy a CDMA phone until you hear an official announcement from a carrier
    phuoc likes this.
    06-09-17 10:20 PM
    I hope the "BlackBerry KEYone 32GB BBB100-2 - 4.7" Inch Factory Unlocked LTE Smartphone" is CDMA, according to USPS tracking there's one sitting in my mailbox. Unfortunately i won't be there to pick it up until mid-week.
    Nope, nobody has the CDMA version. Not sure why you're not sure what you ordered, but it's definitely GSM.
    06-10-17 12:03 AM
    It's a reason no CDMA phones are available, no carrier has committed to the Keyone. TCL lied, Verizon has said nothing about allowing the K1 on its network and i doubt Sprint will allow a CDMA phone not branded Sprint on their network. I wouldn't buy a CDMA phone until you hear an official announcement from a carrier
    You're actually wrong my friend. Sprint was allowing people buy the pixel straight from Google also they were letting people who bought the pixel from verizon to have it switch to sprint. Get your facts straight my friend
    06-10-17 12:17 AM
    He's right. The only place you can get CDMA is through Amazon and Amazon has not shipped a single CDMA device yet. Some people got notification today it will be shipping next week. His facts were straight, NOBODY has the CDMA keyone my friend.
    06-10-17 01:00 AM
    I'm not sure what the pixel has to do with the Keyone, if you get a CDMA Keyone tommorow how are you going to activate it.
    06-10-17 05:56 PM
    What? If it has the bands and verizon sim it will work.
    06-10-17 06:18 PM
    Doesn't matter, with Verizon the phone itself has to be activated/provisioned for the network .. the passport had a Verizon band. The sim for Verizon doesn't work in the same manner as with a GSM carrier
    06-10-17 06:22 PM
    Doesn't matter, with Verizon the phone itself has to be activated/provisioned for the network .. the passport had a Verizon band. The sim for Verizon doesn't work in the same manner as with a GSM carrier
    It's not so much as "it has to be activated" and more like "Verizon needs to lift the whitelisting filter or add keyone phones to the whitelist of allowed devices"

Once/if/when that happens, just swapping the sim will be all that is needed.

(I'm not current on what their policy is on bringing devices not bought directly from them on their network, but when I bought my Z10, they were definitely doing the whitelisting back then)

On the bright side, this is the first ever CDMA blackberry that can be purchased unlocked. Correct me if I'm wrong, but even CDMA Passport wasn't sold as manufacturer unlocked device. It was either sold directly from Verizon, or you had to sign (or renew) the contract with them before it let you buy it.
    So the fact that CDMA KeyOne is actually being sold unlocked directly from manufacturer without the need for a contract is a great sign that they will allow it on their network. I don't think they will block it/require activation.
    Furthermore, with it being marketed clearly as "not for sprint": It makes no sense that TCL would be producing CDMA version clearly designed for Verizon without first discussing it with Verizon.
    Further furthermore: if Verizon clearly stated that they wouldn't allow it, TCL wouldn't produce and sell it at this time and would probably wait until things with Sprint got worked out.
    Another possibility is that Verizon told TCL that it would make a game-time decision whether they would allow it or not; but I highly doubt TCL would spend money producing, marketing and distributing the CDMA variant on a "maybe" from Verizon.

These are my deductions and I think most would agree with me, but then again I could be wrong.
    06-10-17 09:33 PM
    When one of us gets a CDMA version and is on the Verizon network, could you, would you, try it and post the results ---please!
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-10-17 10:12 PM
    Verizon only allows very few phones not Verizon branded on their network. There is no such thing as a CDMA version of the passport. The whole game time decision is borderline fraud, they are selling a phone as if it will work on a network that they haven't already made a contract with. The fact that TCL won't say that this phone will work on the Verizon network and instead used the term optimized is very telling. Plus how does TCL even know if the phone will work on Verizon without even testing it out first, or is that a game time decision too
    06-10-17 11:13 PM
    Can't wait to prove you wrong on Monday
    06-10-17 11:22 PM
    Mine is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, will post as soon as I can get it up and running after its delivered.
    06-11-17 01:58 AM
    I spoke with Verizon and they confirmed that the Keyone will work on there network
    It has been tested. So a cdma does exist. The Verizon rep even told me I had to get it from Amazon and to make sure it is the cdma model.
    06-11-17 06:38 PM
    06-11-17 06:51 PM
27 12