I plan on purchasing a black KEYOne next week and I would like to know the best way to go about doing so. I don't see it listed on best buy anymore, Walmart sold out, I only see it on Amazon for $939.00 from a 3rd party

Why can't the parent company just ship from the source? Put up a website to purchase unlocked phones, and then produce or ship from there. Why is this so difficult exactly??

I love my wireless plan with moblicity now chatr and just want the phone unlocked. Do I have to buy it from Rogers outwright and then unlock it?? Will I be reliant on Rogers update cycles if I do that. To think black

What is the price for the KEYone unlocked in Canada retail?

Any update on when it will be available in Stock in Canada?

Posted via CB10
    08-07-17 05:48 PM
    I feel your pain. Looks like right not you can only buy it unlocked from a carrier.
    08-07-17 06:13 PM
    TCL bent over backwards to fill carrier orders.
    08-07-17 07:42 PM
    TCL bent over backwards to fill carrier orders.
    Carrier orders in my case Telus that can't even upgrade two of my accounts to the K1.

Everytime I call and inquire and have Loyalty and Retention look through their channels...nada, nope, nothing in stock with no info as to when stocks will be arriving.
    curtxxx and pizzawheel like this.
    08-07-17 07:48 PM
    I came from Virgin on month-to-month. Simply ported my number to Bell (with an identical plan). Will wait until December for free unlock. Simple as that.
    08-07-17 08:41 PM
    Best Buy has had time in stock a couple of times the past few days. I got mine last week and received it in 3 days. Best of luck man! Don't overpay for it! You'll get yours soon enough.
    08-07-17 09:14 PM
    I came from Virgin on month-to-month. Simply ported my number to Bell (with an identical plan). Will wait until December for free unlock. Simple as that.
    OP wants factory unlocked and not just carrier unlocked.
    08-07-17 10:28 PM
    I'll keep checking out best buy, thanks

Posted via CB10
    08-08-17 12:05 AM
    I'll keep checking out best buy, thanks

Posted via CB10
    Don't pay above the official price. All third party sellers may not be able to warranty device like official sources. Good luck..
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-17 06:27 AM
    OP wants factory unlocked and not just carrier unlocked.
    What's the difference? Looking into it and I can't find any difference.
    08-08-17 10:41 AM
    I think it's the update schedule, since BlackBerry controls it for factory unlocked while carrier unlocked is still up to the original carrier.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-17 10:49 AM
    Historically, factory unlocked devices aren't reliant upon carriers for updates.
    FF22 likes this.
    08-08-17 10:49 AM
    Ah okay. That's not too big a deal to me. At this point I'll buy the damn thing from anyone anywhere.
    08-08-17 11:00 AM
    I had the same trouble with availability until I signed up for email/text on my Best Buy account. Once I did that, I was able to get one into the cart for purchase on the third email notice.They were selling so fast, that it was still 2-3 weeks. But it was worth it. I love this phone!
    08-09-17 07:30 AM
    bestbuy.com , US, has the GSM version in stock, right now, on line
    08-09-17 07:33 AM
    Both best buy and Amazon have the GSM in stock neither have the Verizon CDMA in stock.
    08-09-17 07:49 AM
    Since when is the black KEYone available in NA?
    08-09-17 08:55 AM
    You are going to be waiting for a while for it to be available outside the country it was announced for. Rumors are BlackBerry will announce global availability September 2nd but that could still push availability to the end of September if not longer.

I love this device so much I can't imagine having to wait another 2 possibly 3 months. I'm going to snag the black Incipio DualPro and be golden.
    08-09-17 09:13 AM
    End of 2018 if this launch is any indicator.

Announced September 2, available in select small markets "end of October" with actual availability end of December, Europe in Q2 2018, Asia in Q3 2018, and no information all the way through until November 2018.
    08-09-17 12:19 PM
    "Why exactly is this device so difficult to purchase?"

It's pretty simple: TCL just hasn't been manufacturing very many of them, and those that they did manufacture (at first) had problems (using just mechanical force with no adhesive to back it up to hold the screen on), so then they had to stop production and figure that out and revise the production line. And now they are launching in other countries, but don't seem to have increased production volume, so everything coming off the line is apparently going elsewhere.

When Amazon or WalMart get a shipment, they're only getting dozens or maybe hundreds in a shipment - and then nothing for weeks. For high-volume national retailers, that's a drop in the bucket.

TCL can't afford to overproduce devices and then have to firesale the overstock (which is what BB did for YEARS!) - so they are being very conservative with production volumes. It may also be that they're not as confident in their abilities to make PKB devices, as their expertise has been with slab phones.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-09-17 02:33 PM
    I was just forced into getting one. I cracked my Priv (sad day, I love this phone) and used my Telus Device Care warranty. Since the priv was discontinued they offered the KeyOne and I said I did not want a PKB so after several more minutes on hold(i'm at almost an hour at this point) they offer the S7. No way I was getting a Samsung or a phone with only a 3000mah battery. So I with with the KeyOne..

The point of my story is that it is on backorder and I was told 7-10 days til they can get one in. I hope I don't get the run around on it after reading this thread. But my Priv works in the meantime.
    08-10-17 01:39 AM
    yes there was an adhesives issue and we know that but how they dealt with this issue in the prompt and Swift manner is commendable! I'm in Canada and from the day I called support, initiated an advance exchange, received the device was 5 business days.

People tend to focus on the negative but what about the great experience I encountered. The day I called they we're having email send out issues so couldn't get confirmation emails. The customer care agent offered to call me with the shipping tracking number. To my surprised she called and left a vm with the tracking info.

so overall I think they are doing their absolute best to remedy this situation, kudos to BBMobile!
    08-10-17 05:54 AM