I bought an 256 samsung micro sdxc card and want to format and use it as an internal storage. The format of the card works on the device, but when I say copy all apps to the sd card it does'nt work.
    Even if I select not to copy all apps on the sd card it says the sd card is damaged.
    The card works perfectly as an external storage either in the Keyone or any Laptop.
    Can Someone tell me a solution for this problem? How can I get it fixed?
    Or has any of u guys the same issue?
    07-12-17 11:12 AM
    I had the same issue and after trying different things I ended up formating it as external. No issues after that.
    07-12-17 11:15 AM
    I bought an 256 samsung micro sdxc card and want to format and use it as an internal storage. The format of the card works on the device, but when I say copy all apps to the sd card it does'nt work.
    Even if I select not to copy all apps on the sd card it says the sd card is damaged.
    The card works perfectly as an external storage either in the Keyone or any Laptop.
    I believe it uses Max 128gb micro sd.
    I don't think they take 256gb
    07-12-17 11:26 AM
    It's said also on the homepage of Blackberry that the Keyone can handle up to 2TB micro sdxc cards (even if they are not on the market yet.) Quote: "Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD memory card (Up to 2TB)"
    07-12-17 11:33 AM
    I had the same issue and after trying different things I ended up formating it as external. No issues after that.
    yeah it works also fine as external, but I want to use it as an internal storage.
    07-12-17 11:35 AM
    It's said also on the homepage of Blackberry that the Keyone can handle up to 2TB micro sdxc cards (even if they are not on the market yet.) Quote: "Expandable memory via hot swappable microSD memory card (Up to 2TB)"
    Oh got it
    07-12-17 11:54 AM
    I believe it uses Max 128gb micro sd.
    I don't think they take 256gb
    I use a 200 GB card in my Priv.
    The KEYone should definitely work with 256 GB (and probably anything upto 2TB for that matter).
    gqmovement likes this.
    07-12-17 11:59 AM
    Have you fully tested the card?
    When you connect as external, the card can pretty much claim to be as big as it wants.
    A card that pretends to be bigger than it is may appear fine if you only test it with a small amount of data.
    The process of formatting as internal storage might catch such a discrepancy.
    07-12-17 12:03 PM
    I want to get a msdcard but not sure now! I want to make sure it works!? Can anyone recommend a 128, or 256gb brand that wrks in the K1!?Thanks!!!
    07-12-17 12:06 PM
    Have you fully tested the card?
    When you connect as external, the card can pretty much claim to be as big as it wants.
    A card that pretends to be bigger than it is may appear fine if you only test it with a small amount of data.
    The process of formatting as internal storage might catch such a discrepancy.
    I tested the card on my phone and on my laptop.
    I formated it on the phone and on a laptop. Both showed my that the card is capable of 249 Gb.

I tried an 8gb card as an internal storage and it worked. Why not the 256gb.
    07-12-17 12:09 PM
    I tested the card on my phone and on my laptop.
    I formated it on the phone and on a laptop. Both showed my that the card is capable of 249 Gb.
    I don't think that doesn't actually proves anything. You would need to copy 249 GBs to the card, copy it off again, and then verify that the data you copied off is correct. There are some programs to do this automatically.
    07-12-17 12:13 PM
    Can you recommend a program (freeware would be great).
    I would try it as soon as I'm home.

I don't think that doesn't actually proves anything. You would need to copy 249 GBs to the card, copy it off again, and then verify that the data you copied off is correct. There are some programs to do this automatically.
    07-12-17 12:15 PM
    Can you recommend a program (freeware would be great).
    I would try it as soon as I'm home.
    You could try: https://www.heise.de/download/product/h2testw-50539
    07-12-17 12:46 PM
    Sorry forgott to tell that I'm on a mac
    07-12-17 12:47 PM
    Hope I did the right test. I used the app Blackmagicdesign Disk Speed Test.

Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-bildschirmfoto-2017-07-18-um-03.04.20.png

Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-bildschirmfoto-2017-07-18-um-03.08.13.png
    07-17-17 08:11 PM
    I´m making now another storage test as u suggested. I think the first one is just a speed test.
    I´m using the app called QuickDiskTestApp which is filling now the microsdxc card.
    When the app has finished I´ll post a pic of the results
    07-17-17 08:33 PM
    I will ask why you want to format as an extension of INTERNAL Memory? There's a few threads where the limitations of such a format have been discussed including not being able to move the card to a computer for backup or adding new media.
    07-17-17 11:46 PM
    07-18-17 12:06 AM
    I will ask why you want to format as an extension of INTERNAL Memory? There's a few threads where the limitations of such a format have been discussed including not being able to move the card to a computer for backup or adding new media.

The Apps that I daily use, eat up to 20 Gig.
    If I use it as an internal storage I can transfer most of the apps to the card and keep the phone storage nearly free. I don't need to put the micro sd in a laptop and back and forth.

Talked to the BB support today they told me it should be a problem with the micro card itself.
    The test that I should do is still in work. Is it normal that it takes up to 12h?
    07-18-17 02:29 PM
    I got this one and it works flawlessly

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B012P...UvbUpU12963937
    Do you use it as an internal storage and it works?
    Cause I talked to the BB support today they told me it should be a problem with the micro card itself.
    I'm on a low budget here (law student), so I just can't afford a 259,99€ micro sd card

Maybe the card is damaged. It's slow but works in a laptop, just not in the bbk1 as it is supposed.
    Last edited by allxy; 07-19-17 at 09:24 PM.
    07-18-17 02:31 PM
    yes up to 2TB! Just installed Lexar 128gb (633x) and wrks fine!!!
    Last edited by cellphonejunkey; 07-26-17 at 04:12 PM.
    Sinan_Awad likes this.
    07-18-17 02:31 PM
    Update: I wrote with the Samsung support regarding my Samsung 256 Gb sd card.
    Turns out it's a fake card.

And here is the response from Samsung, maybe it'll help you not to fall for the same fraud:

"The model name of the card does not correspond to the series produced by Samsung.
    The country of production and the CE mark are also clear indicators of counterfeiting."

Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-samsung.png

My last attempt: I bought an original 200gb micro sdxc from SanDisk from a guy from ebay (with a receipt. Knowing the name of the seller and his adress), which should arrive in the next few days.
    I'll test it as an internal storage. If this doesn't work I don't have any budget to buy another sd card or to experiment, which would unfotunately force me to sell the K1 and to give up on BB.
    07-25-17 07:31 AM
    Update: I wrote with the Samsung support regarding my Samsung 256 Gb sd card.
    Turns out it's a fake card.

And here is the response from Samsung, maybe it'll help you not to fall for the same fraud:

"The model name of the card does not correspond to the series produced by Samsung.
    The country of production and the CE mark are also clear indicators of counterfeiting."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Samsung.png 
Views:	52 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	427601

My last attempt: I bought an original 200gb micro sdxc from SanDisk from a guy from ebay (with a receipt. Knowing the name of the seller and his adress), which should arrive in the next few days.
    I'll test it as an internal storage. If this doesn't work I don't have any budget to buy another sd card or to experiment, which would unfotunately force me to sell the K1 and to give up on BB.
    This is unfortunately exactly what I suspected.
    Probably obviously, but just in case I'll warn you / anyone in a similar situation: Do not try to use it as portable storage. While it will likely appear to be working, data will get corrupted.

Where did you buy the card from? If it was through somewhere like Amazon or eBay they will refund you. Or if you bought somewhere that won't give a refund, you may be able to get your credit card / PayPal / other payment service, to refund it because it is fraud.

When looking for a good priced legitimate card, I usually use Amazon (sold by Amazon, not just through Amazon).
    07-25-17 08:00 AM
    This is unfortunately exactly what I suspected.
    Probably obviously, but just in case I'll warn you / anyone in a similar situation: Do not try to use it as portable storage. While it will likely appear to be working, data will get corrupted.

Where did you buy the card from? If it was through somewhere like Amazon or eBay they will refund you. Or if you bought somewhere that won't give a refund, you may be able to get your credit card / PayPal / other payment service, to refund it because it is fraud.

When looking for a good priced legitimate card, I usually use Amazon (sold by Amazon, not just through Amazon).
    I bought it from ebay kleinanzeigen (classifieds) (don't know the name of the english equivalent to it). It's typicall that there is less buyer protection compared to ebay.
    I also payed it by a normal bank transaction. So no chance of getting my money back.
    As a law student I simply can't afford to buy a +200€ card.

The only way I could afford the K1 (I payed 400€) is by selling my Iphone 6 with 128gb.
    If it doesn't work this time, or with my luck (or stupidity you can see it as u like, cause I feel stupid falling for it) fall for another fake card I have to sell the K1 and get back to an Iphone.
    07-25-17 08:23 AM
    (or stupidity you can see it as u like, cause I feel stupid falling for it)
    Don't feel stupid. These fakes can be hard to spot, particularly if you don't do a lot of research before hand.
    I blame marketplaces like eBay and Amazon for not doing more to remove fake products. They could start by removing all the SD cards which claim to be bigger than currently made (you'd be surprised how easy it is to buy a 1 or 2 TB micro SD, given they don't actually exist yet).
    07-25-17 08:31 AM
44 12