Update: I wrote with the Samsung support regarding my Samsung 256 Gb sd card.
    Turns out it's a fake card.

And here is the response from Samsung, maybe it'll help you not to fall for the same fraud:

"The model name of the card does not correspond to the series produced by Samsung.
    The country of production and the CE mark are also clear indicators of counterfeiting."

Attachment 427601

My last attempt: I bought an original 200gb micro sdxc from SanDisk from a guy from ebay (with a receipt. Knowing the name of the seller and his adress), which should arrive in the next few days.
    I'll test it as an internal storage. If this doesn't work I don't have any budget to buy another sd card or to experiment, which would unfotunately force me to sell the K1 and to give up on BB.
    Do not buy your micro SD card ebay slot of them are counterfeits cards, buy at you local electronic store's
    07-25-17 08:36 AM
    As a law student I simply can't afford to buy a +200€ card.
    I'm not sure if they are more expensive where you are, but in Canada you can get a reasonable (if not the fastest) 128 GB for the equivalent of about 40€.
    07-25-17 08:36 AM
    Do not buy your micro SD card on ebay most of them are counterfeits cards, buy at your local electronic store's
    07-25-17 08:39 AM
    Do not buy your micro SD card ebay slot of them are counterfeits cards, buy at you local electronic store's
    While good advice if you don't care about cost, I generally find the local stores charge a lot more than Amazon. Sometimes by as much as as 50+% or more.
    07-25-17 08:40 AM
    Don't feel stupid. These fakes can be hard to spot, particularly if you don't do a lot of research before hand.
    I blame marketplaces like eBay and Amazon for not doing more to remove fake products. They could start by removing all the SD cards which claim to be bigger than currently made (you'd be surprised how easy it is to buy a 1 or 2 TB micro SD, given they don't actually exist yet).
    Falling once for it is just sad, falling twice for it is ... ?
    But the card looked by the way like a perfect original Samsung sd card.
    So anybody thinking of buying a card on ebay or amazon watch out.

Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-image1-2.jpg
    Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-image2-1.jpg

"The model name of the card does not correspond to the series produced by Samsung.
    The country of production and the CE mark are also clear indicators of counterfeiting."

Try to Check for the model Nr., country of production, CE mark.

Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-samsung.png
    07-25-17 08:41 AM
    While good advice if you don't care about cost, I generally find the local stores charge a lot more than Amazon. Sometimes by as much as as 50+% or more.
    U have warranty plus the cards you buy there is real, I don't trust online seller from amazon, ebay
    07-25-17 08:43 AM
    Update: I wrote with the Samsung support regarding my Samsung 256 Gb sd card.
    Turns out it's a fake card.

And here is the response from Samsung, maybe it'll help you not to fall for the same fraud:

Attachment 427601

My last attempt: I bought an original 200gb micro sdxc from SanDisk from a guy from ebay (with a receipt. Knowing the name of the seller and his adress), which should arrive in the next few days.
    I'll test it as an internal storage. If this doesn't work I don't have any budget to buy another sd card or to experiment, which would unfotunately force me to sell the K1 and to give up on BB.
    Just a thought I did alot of poking around the forums prior to getting a micro sd card and alot of people have been reporting issues with Sandisk micro sd cards even with the exfat driver installed!

So I settled on Lexar and have had no issues so far!
    07-25-17 08:54 AM
    Just a thought I did alot of poking around the forums prior to getting a micro sd card and alot of people have been reporting issues with Sandisk micro sd cards even with the exfat driver installed!

So I settled on Lexar and have had no issues so far!
    And there we go

It is my last attempt. If it works thank good finally the odysse ends.
    If not, then this was my last BB ever, despite of being a fan of BB.
    For a phone for nearly 600€ such problems with sd cards is not acceptable.
    In BB defense I have to admitt that two of the cards were fake, but
    if the 600€ K1 it doesn't work with an original 80€ 200gb micro sdxc from SanDisk then I'm done and finished with my attempt to go back to BB.
    07-25-17 09:38 AM
    U have warranty plus the cards you buy there is real, I don't trust online seller from amazon, ebay
    I just bought microsd card for my blackberry key one it's a Sony 128gb work like a charm

Bought it from bestbuy

07-25-17 11:29 AM
    With the Sandisk cards make sure you have the exfat driver installed as well! It'll make sure there's no issue! sorry to hear about your bad experience but alot of people have been experiencing the same issues!
    I've noticed with high quality msd cards, you get what you pay for. I bought mine from from BestBuy Canada and its a Lexar 128gb card and no issue so far! And yes did notice quite a few "fakes" online! Hope it works for ya!!
    Attached Thumbnails Why does'nt my 256gb micro sdxc work on my Keyone as intern storage-81vjxr2ix5l._sx522_.jpg  
    07-25-17 12:58 PM
    I'm not sure if they are more expensive where you are, but in Canada you can get a reasonable (if not the fastest) 128 GB for the equivalent of about 40€.
    I agree. I bought a 128GB SanDisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 (80MB/s) card with a 10 year warranty for around $40-45 from Amazon. It's fast enough for me (just tried it with 4K/30fps video recording). I would never install apps on it though, both for stability reasons and for being able to copy media to and from my computer. Personally, I find Lexar cards to be really overpriced.
    07-25-17 02:07 PM
    once you get a real sd card... it will work. the KeyOne handles up to 2tb. I have a 200 or 256 gb sd formatted as internal storage... works fine
    Bucky2016 likes this.
    07-25-17 09:03 PM
    I'm actually recommending the ones sold BY Amazon, not THROUGH Amazon.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-26-17 06:19 AM
    Don't feel stupid. These fakes can be hard to spot, particularly if you don't do a lot of research before hand.
    I blame marketplaces like eBay and Amazon for not doing more to remove fake products. They could start by removing all the SD cards which claim to be bigger than currently made (you'd be surprised how easy it is to buy a 1 or 2 TB micro SD, given they don't actually exist yet).
    They cannot possibly patrol an entire marketplace if they do not hold the items themselves.

When not buying from a well-known retailer or manufacturer direct, any consequences should mostly fall on the consumer. Too good to be true usually is.

It's unfortunate for the OP and I hope he gets a refund or something back.
    07-26-17 11:08 AM
    They cannot possibly patrol an entire marketplace if they do not hold the items themselves.
    When there are as many reports of fraud in a particular category as there are in SD cards, they could certainly take some really basic steps to reduce it. I'm not saying they need to be perfect. Flagging all vendor accounts selling "2TB" SD cards would be very easy for a company like Amazon.
    07-27-17 09:08 AM
    Do you use it as an internal storage and it works?
    Cause I talked to the BB support today they told me it should be a problem with the micro card itself.
    I'm on a low budget here (law student), so I just can't afford a 259,99€ micro sd card

Maybe the card is damaged. It's slow but works in a laptop, just not in the bbk1 as it is supposed.
    Sorry to say my Lexar 1000x 256gb micro SD card failed after loading a BBM game from Soft games called Don't Tap. I'm so pissed off! How do you remove the game option from BBM? I truly blame the game as it loaded it hung up 3/4 download and froze. I contacted the German company Soft Games and as expected nobody responded. BBM games suck dung big time! I have to send the card to Lexar direct for a warranty replacement. I lost a lot of pictures.
    Last edited by VictorRight; 07-31-17 at 11:11 PM.
    07-31-17 06:14 PM
    I bought an 256 samsung micro sdxc card and want to format and use it as an internal storage. The format of the card works on the device, but when I say copy all apps to the sd card it does'nt work.
    Even if I select not to copy all apps on the sd card it says the sd card is damaged.
    The card works perfectly as an external storage either in the Keyone or any Laptop.
    Can Someone tell me a solution for this problem? How can I get it fixed?
    Or has any of u guys the same issue?
    09-20-17 08:20 AM
    Hi Victor,
    Did you format it as an extension of internal memory of BB K1, or as a mean of transfer between several devices. I am afraid our beloved BBK1 has a problem with sdxc cards, after having tried to format a Sony 64GB, C10n and then same type but Kingston. BB said cards are too slow and failed to format them. Just now I got the Lexar you recommended and I am afraid to put it in the phone.
    09-20-17 08:26 AM
    Seems to be a problem with our BBK1 when handling sdxc cards - see my post a few mins ago
    09-20-17 08:28 AM
44 12