I am in the middle of nowhere, Ear Falls northwestern Ontario to be precise. My KEYone on SaskTel has zero service. If I take the SIM card out of the KEYone and put it in my Passport, I get great service. Can someone tell me why this is, please? Thanks!
    08-13-17 10:32 PM
    Passport have better antennas.
    08-13-17 10:34 PM
    Keyone has known reception problems I would call BlackBerry service to see if they can figure it out.
    08-14-17 06:42 AM
    I am in the middle of nowhere, Ear Falls northwestern Ontario to be precise. My KEYone on SaskTel has zero service. If I take the SIM card out of the KEYone and put it in my Passport, I get great service. Can someone tell me why this is, please? Thanks!
    Try holding your KeyOne at the top instead of the bottom. You should see significant improvement in reception. Let us know how it works.
    08-14-17 06:50 AM
    keyone is a great device but sucks in one of the most important aspects, reception.

in Andorra in the middle of nowhere Z30 with movistar sim has max reception, keyone had 0 or 1 bar reception.
    passport SE has 4 bar reception.

and the nonloved Priv has max reception.

regards
    08-14-17 07:00 AM
    Are we still comparing signal strength by the number of "bars" shown? Yes, the KEYone doesn't seem to be up to the standards of previous BlackBerry devices, but comparing signal bars between different devices is pointless! Use an app like LTE Discovery or similar for a clearer picture, as it uses the actual signal level instead of an arbitrary scale. Also, no mention of network type (LTE, 3G, etc).

(To be fair, no service is no service, but when you say "one bar" or "three bars" that really doesn't help between devices)
    08-14-17 09:07 AM
    Maybe you're not using the proper carrier settings.
    08-14-17 09:27 AM
    (To be fair, no service is no service, but when you say "one bar" or "three bars" that really doesn't help between devices)
    ^^^ this. Several times my KeyOne has been at 1 bar but the connection doesn't break and the music streams without interruption. Websites seem to load almost as fast as when it's at full bars.
    08-14-17 10:26 AM
    I agree mine is fine at "1 bar" whereas my classic would stutter and drop calls with the same reported signal strength, I'm sure all phones bars are totally different and perhaps the Keyone shows it as is rather than bigging it up.
    08-14-17 11:33 AM
    So strange. When I replaced my Sim car after having it in my passport for a couple of days my service is fine. I can't get my head around this phone !
    08-14-17 12:33 PM
    And to clear up the number of bars, I was getting no service with KEYone and great service with Passport. I will also call BlackBerry service when back in civilization. It will be too late by then!
    08-14-17 12:52 PM
    It has poor reception, it's a common problem in the forum. How is your dBm level?
    08-14-17 10:47 PM
    Priv was identified by a couple of major techie websites as having the best reception of any phone, bar none.
    08-15-17 07:16 AM
    chain13, is this something that can be addressed, even a little bit, by software updates? Or is this the curse of the KEYone for all eternity?
    08-15-17 07:20 AM
    The Passport probably has a better antenna.
    08-15-17 07:57 AM
    chain13, is this something that can be addressed, even a little bit, by software updates? Or is this the curse of the KEYone for all eternity?
    It's possible that there are some driver issues with some bands....

That said, everyone is using pretty much the same hardware out there, and same software. If this is an issue that plagues all Qualcomm 625 SoC then maybe a software fix will take care of it. But if it's an issue with one batch of chips or the design or placement of the Antennas, then there is no software fix possible.

If you are having an issue, contact BlackBerry support and see what they recommend. https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...ctory-1113727/
    If you are thinking about buying a KEYone.... maybe wait and see. Between screens, radios and possible upgraded version.... might be better to see what comes in a few months.
    08-15-17 07:57 AM
    Priv was identified by a couple of major techie websites as having the best reception of any phone, bar none.
    I see what you did there 😸
    08-15-17 08:21 AM
    It's good to get an understanding reception.
    08-15-17 08:41 AM
    This is more of software than hardware. When we tested the Keyone we noticed the same thing. The priv and Passport would have fine reception the Keyone nothing. So looking a little deeper the difference was how the phones downgrade the service. When the Passport and Priv started to have issues the phone would wait a few seconds than drop to 4G. Service would than be fine. The Keyone never dropped back but kept looking for LTE. No service.

Disclaimer this is not every time but when we looked into it.
    08-15-17 05:26 PM
    In Sydney, my KeyOne has similar reception strength to my iPhone 6s+. Sometimes even better in some passing areas when I travel to work by train.
    08-15-17 09:13 PM