I use my fingerprint to unlock my phone every time I pick it up. After 2-3 days it will scan my print and then pop up to the password screen. It will only unlock if I put in the password. It will continue to act this way until I reboot, and then it's good for another 2-3 days. Been doing it since day one(early June).

Any ideas as to what might be causing it? Or more importantly, what can I do to stop it?

Thanks for any help, John.
    09-21-17 07:14 PM
    I just assume it's a security feature, like if someone steals your KEYone and cut off your hands, they'll only have access for 2-3 days, then they'll realize they should have kept you alive.
    09-21-17 08:57 PM
    John, do you mean to say you have to input the password every time after these 2-3 days passed? That's definitely not the way it should work. I too get asked for the password every couple of days but inbetween the finger print is just fine.
    09-21-17 09:04 PM
    can you remove the password and set up a pattern instead!?
    09-21-17 10:24 PM
    I just assume it's a security feature, like if someone steals your KEYone and cut off your hands, they'll only have access for 2-3 days, then they'll realize they should have kept you alive.
    Ahahaha!!

Sent from my BlackBerry KEYone - the most elegantly productive, secure, and utterly satisfying mobile device
    09-21-17 10:25 PM
    I am frustrated that I can't always only use my fingerprint. the pin password seems to increase over time, and I basically never want it.
    09-21-17 11:32 PM
    I use my fingerprint to unlock my phone every time I pick it up. After 2-3 days it will scan my print and then pop up to the password screen. It will only unlock if I put in the password. It will continue to act this way until I reboot, and then it's good for another 2-3 days. Been doing it since day one(early June).

Any ideas as to what might be causing it? Or more importantly, what can I do to stop it?

Sometimes when it won't recognise your fingerprint because there is dirt on the sensor or on your finger it will only unlock with the pass. I never noticed this password popping up every few days.
    09-22-17 12:59 AM

Try to edit your "trusted places" . Just move it a tiny bit.
    09-22-17 01:36 AM
    Haha.
    09-22-17 04:08 AM
    John, do you mean to say you have to input the password every time after these 2-3 days passed? That's definitely not the way it should work. I too get asked for the password every couple of days but inbetween the finger print is just fine.
    Yes. For 2-3 days it unlocks with my print every time. Then randomly it will ask for the password when I try the print. It will continue to only unlock with the password until I reboot, and then the fingerprint works again for another 2-3 days.
    09-22-17 04:13 AM
    Sometimes when it won't recognise your fingerprint because there is dirt on the sensor or on your finger it will only unlock with the pass. I never noticed this password popping up every few days.
    It's definitely not dirt because a reboot fixes it everytime.
    09-22-17 04:15 AM
    Try to edit your "trusted places" . Just move it a tiny bit.
    I don't have any of the smartlock features setup.

Maybe I should?! I dunno. I'll check it out tonight when I get some time.

Thanks for the suggestion.
    09-22-17 04:20 AM
    I've noticed this as well, but I don't think it happens for me as often as it does for OP. I always assumed that it was an extra layer of protection for when I've used my fingerprint to unlock many times. I can't remember whether or not it happens when I'm at one of my trusted places or not.
    09-22-17 09:19 AM
    The same behavior was happening to me. Then I realized I had to setup smart lock features. It appears to be operating as designed... at least in my case anyway.
    09-22-17 09:47 AM