Currently using short-press L key to lock the phone, but noticed it disables finger print scanner to unlock
    07-06-17 07:40 PM
    What app have you granted device admin? It's possible if its an enterprise app that it only accepts pin as authentication.
    07-06-17 08:12 PM
    An enterprise app would need to be able to unlock the phone or wipe it remotely. A security feature.
    07-06-17 08:19 PM
    I think he's referring to locking the device using the shortcut keys or using a third party app. The only method of locking that allows the use of a fingerprint to unlock is the power button and the double tap to lock feature, third party and shortcuts just don't work. Not sure why it's like this but it's most likely a security measure.
    07-06-17 08:20 PM
    What app have you granted device admin? It's possible if its an enterprise app that it only accepts pin as authentication.
    Just the BB Launcher
    07-06-17 08:29 PM
    I think he's referring to locking the device using the shortcut keys or using a third party app. The only method of locking that allows the use of a fingerprint to unlock is the power button and the double tap to lock feature, third party and shortcuts just don't work. Not sure why it's like this but it's most likely a security measure.
    Oh bummer, It allows me to use my pattern password instead, I figured a fingerprint would be more secure...
    07-06-17 08:31 PM
    ah that make sense. BB Launcher can be installed on many phones and BB has no way to authenticate security on those devices as far as FP goes. They should allow it as an option on their own phones tho.
    07-06-17 09:09 PM
    *ME TOO!! I got over pressing K, double tapping works just fine.
    07-07-17 11:07 AM