So I ask why do we need all the apps? Had tweaked the classic and had it for 7 years. Everyone had they're own ring tone didn't need an app to play my music. Can't do it on key one. can use my voice but never used it on the classic. Is there app class I need to tweak this phone. I don't watch movies on it but AT&T has a plan for that. Had a 4G SIM. Key one won't incorporate my data. Now Went to AT&T and they tried to transfer my contacts all 200 of them and lost them. Data doesn't transfer from the classic to the key one and they lost what was on the phone. Tried to reactive the classic from Verizon they couldn't do it or wouldn't. There seems to no logic in Key one in data handling it's a pay app or nothing. They didn't make it easer just more complicated. Bought the key one on line from AT&T and when BB Blend couldn't transfer the contacts and data should of been a clue went to the AT&T store where the nightmare started don't have any phone number for the family. Did take facebook to get my friends numbers. All I can do is talk on it and take photos. Have a better camera at home. It does have a good radio for data usage. Yes the keys are smaller but the screen is larger. So How Do I Tweak with out 100 apps???
    03-11-20 10:49 AM
    So I ask why do we need all the apps? Had tweaked the classic and had it for 7 years. Everyone had they're own ring tone didn't need an app to play my music. Can't do it on key one. can use my voice but never used it on the classic. Is there app class I need to tweak this phone. I don't watch movies on it but AT&T has a plan for that. Had a 4G SIM. Key one won't incorporate my data. Now Went to AT&T and they tried to transfer my contacts all 200 of them and lost them. Data doesn't transfer from the classic to the key one and they lost what was on the phone. Tried to reactive the classic from Verizon they couldn't do it or wouldn't. There seems to no logic in Key one in data handling it's a pay app or nothing. They didn't make it easer just more complicated. Bought the key one on line from AT&T and when BB Blend couldn't transfer the contacts and data should of been a clue went to the AT&T store where the nightmare started don't have any phone number for the family. Did take facebook to get my friends numbers. All I can do is talk on it and take photos. Have a better camera at home. It does have a good radio for data usage. Yes the keys are smaller but the screen is larger. So How Do I Tweak with out 100 apps???
    Do you mean Twerk?
    03-11-20 12:26 PM
    So I ask why do we need all the apps?
    Delete or disable the apps you don't need. They will disappear from the app list.

Contacts: how were they stored on the Classic? Locally, or part of an account?

Blend is not for content transfer, but there is a Content Transfer app made for transferring data from your BB10 phone to any android phone.

How did AT&T lose everything on the Classic. Nothing should have been lost. Did they wipe it or something?

BTW, when I first got the Galaxy S8 a couple years ago, I used the AT&T provided Setup & Transfer app, connected the S8 and Z10 together, ran the app, and transferred all kinds of stuff from my Z10. It even asked for my BBID to access contacts and accounts. Worked great and did it all by myself. Nothing disappeared from the Z10 in the process.

Also, BlackBerry has a lot of stock apps too (media player for music and videos, Story Maker, Remember, Evernote, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Weather, etc...), so what's so overwhelming on the KeyOne?
    03-11-20 01:14 PM
    You could have very easily transferred all of your contacts yourself with the BB Content Transfer app. Trying to let a carrier rep do that, when they have no clue about BB10 and likely have never used a BB10 phone in their lives was not good risk assessment.

About 10 years ago, before BB10 even existed, email, contacts, and calendars (among other things) moved from being manually synced with a computer to being seamlessly synced over the network (mobile or WiFi) to a cloud account. Had you set your BB10 up to do this originally, you wouldn't have even needed to use the Content Transfer app - you'd just have needed to log into your account and click "yes" to "sync your email, contacts, and calendar now?"

The Key phones are not BB10; they're Android, which is an entirely different operating system. There are going to be differences, and features that you liked that aren't available. That's life. There are also lots of new things that you couldn't do before. But, yes, you are going to have to make some adjustments, and if some of those features are really important to you, you might need to install some apps to add them back. At least that's an option.

This is technology, and it's always moving forward. You either move with it or you get left behind.
    rarsen likes this.
    03-11-20 03:56 PM
    Tweak what I meant. How they lost it trying to transferee to the Key one from the Classic no way to do it and when she couldn't do it she should stop and not active it. On the Key 1 have no Ideal what they do on the classic the 10 I had they were logical. Contact were local and the transfer didn't work. My first phone was a flip but after that it was a BlackBerry for 20 years. Everyone had their own ringtone now I have no ideal who's calling when the phone rings. They have taken the black berry out of the phone. and you can't use Blackberry world. so I'm disappointed in the key one after shelling out 350 for the phone and losing my contacts list. I need a Blackberry guru to show me how to work it. Problem I cant get rid of some of the apps they make the phone work. I could sort people so they had their own file so all they're texts would be under they're own name. Now any text no how many shows up in all texts the art of disorganization.
    03-11-20 03:59 PM
    What Troy said - Android is designed differently, that's all.

Over a 40 year IT career I have used at least 8 different operating systems, including desktops - I have my favourites (Unix) but currently am working in a Windows environment.

There are things about Unix that I still prefer over Windows, but I can survive now in Windows - after a painful learning experience.

Just hang in there with Android - if an old dog like me can jump then you can too, there will just be a time of pain and aggravation.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-11-20 04:04 PM
    Tweak what I meant. How they lost it trying to transferee to the Key one from the Classic no way to do it and when she couldn't do it she should stop and not active it. On the Key 1 have no Ideal what they do on the classic the 10 I had they were logical. Contact were local and the transfer didn't work. My first phone was a flip but after that it was a BlackBerry for 20 years. Everyone had their own ringtone now I have no ideal who's calling when the phone rings. They have taken the black berry out of the phone. and you can't use Blackberry world. so I'm disappointed in the key one after shelling out 350 for the phone and losing my contacts list. I need a Blackberry guru to show me how to work it. Problem I cant get rid of some of the apps they make the phone work. I could sort people so they had their own file so all they're texts would be under they're own name. Now any text no how many shows up in all texts the art of disorganization.
    The KEYone is BBAndroid while the Classic is BB10 although both have spillover. BBAndroid is definitely Android with a little bit of BB flavor. It’s not meant to imitate BB10 so forget BB10 and move forward.

It will get better after 30-60 days and your brain habits get retrained.
    03-11-20 06:44 PM
    Classic came out in December 2014. You didn't have it for 7 years.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-20 06:45 PM
    Classic came out in December 2014. You didn't have it for 7 years.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah this doesn't sound right. Ops. now that your here start doing your research to see how Great the KEYone really is.
    03-11-20 07:27 PM
    First of all, go to the Play Store, open the left menu and tap My apps and games. Update all of the apps that have updates available. If it asks you to enable auto update, then enable it and your apps will automatically update over Wi-Fi.
    Then go and recreate your contacts in the BlackBerry contacts app. Once you've done that all the mess will get cleaned up in your SMS app as there will be names showing instead of numbers.
    About setting a ringtone for different contacts; you can do this within the BlackBerry contacts app. When you're editing a contact touch the three dots in the top right corner and select Set Ringtone.

Report back if you experience more issues.
    03-11-20 09:37 PM
    Oh joy getting my ring tones in the Keyone now I'll know who's calling.
    03-12-20 02:23 PM
    What I worry about with the apps is they need permission to invade your stuff so how safe is that.
    03-12-20 02:25 PM
    What I worry about with the apps is they need permission to invade your stuff so how safe is that.
    Depends on the app, but most permissions are less nefarious than you'd think. For example, any PIM related app will need access to your stuff to do what it needs to do. Stay with the known basics, and don't download any of those random ringtone, wallpaper or memory cleaner apps
    03-12-20 02:46 PM
    Still have a few more contacts to go. But can't see any photos from the classic don't show up on the Keyone had to get an app to play 1 video. The few videos and photos I took with the Keyone are the only ones that show up. You would think Blackberry would of thought of think of that why we got a phone with a camera. Thank goodness I backed up 10 years of my Grandson photos on the computer. So now I'll have to get more and hope they can be seen on the next phone. If she hadn't activated I would have all my memoirs to look at first steps, firsts words, the first lost tooth and all the other firsts. the Classic had a assistant just like goggle. .
    03-12-20 08:38 PM
    Its better to just forget about apps. Use windows and a bigger screen. live better.
    03-12-20 09:10 PM
    Thank goodness I backed up 10 years of my Grandson photos on the computer.
    Now back that computer up. No device lives forever.

But can't see any photos from the classic don't show up on the Keyone
    If you had a MicroSD card in your Classic for your photos and videos you can just move the card to your KeyOne or any other phone.

That is something that the AT&T rep easily could have done for you. He probably didn't even bother to check to see if the Classic had a MicroSD slot.
    03-13-20 10:20 AM
    I year off seems like 7. Still can't answer a call can never get the phone icon over the face to pick it up. what happen the button on the left. Still had to put in all the contact by hand did edit a lot but will I need them? 1 thing I like is number block but is it AT&T or BB with android???? Moved the cad and only the photos I take on keyone shows up. So not so compatible with the classic. But it had a 4G SIM chip in it before there was 4G in the classic ??
    03-20-20 02:38 PM