Can anybody help really getting me down
    10-19-17 12:03 PM
    Well, what carrier are you on?
    Are ALL of your texts duplicated?
    Has this just started happening, or did it start suddenly (after an update)?
    What text app are you using? Did you do something like install a text app and leave the stock one running, thereby receiving 1 text on each app?
    10-19-17 03:20 PM
    I am using stock software and currently on O2

when I say duplicate I send a receive a text from contact and the next day the same contact will send me a text it starts a new notification not on the original txt
    10-19-17 03:33 PM
    I am using stock software and currently on O2

when I say duplicate I send a receive a text from contact and the next day the same contact will send me a text it starts a new notification not on the original txt
    I'm not sure that I am reading your post correctly.
    It sounds like if a contact sends you a text two days in a row that your Hub shows a notification on each day?

Have you checked to see if you have duplicate contacts? Often when migrating to Android contacts get duplicated.
    10-19-17 04:52 PM
    if I send a txt all seems fine and receive them back. then for some reason I may receive a txt from same contact but starting with another thread from new but does not carry on from our previous txt. this occurs both in hub and txt app
    10-19-17 04:56 PM
    this happens to me also. for example I'll have a text message conversation with my mate Kris. the next day Kris will send me another text and it starts a new conversation instead of the text merging with the previous conversation. so I end up with two text message conversations for the same contact.
    mpw2081 likes this.
    10-19-17 04:59 PM
    that's what I've been saying
    10-19-17 05:29 PM
    Sorry, I don't have an answer - I am on a PRIV. Have you checked your settings?
    For instance, I have an app named "Messages" and it has "SMS" in the permissions - but my "Hub" app does NOT have permission for SMS.
    That means that only the Messages app is dealing with my texts.

Do you perhaps have BOTH Messages and Hub with permission to deal with SMS (texts)?
    10-19-17 05:35 PM
    not got a clue mate to be honest all new to me
    10-19-17 07:22 PM
    Can anybody help really getting me down
    I've had the same problem on Bell here in Canada. Yet to be rectified. Happens only with MMS photos
    10-19-17 07:46 PM
    Also on Bell. Having the same issue. MMS or group texts will be received. Three days later up to a week I will get the exact same photos or group conversation all over again. Was using a Third party messaging app - called Bell support today and was told to delete third party and you stock messaging app to see if the issue cleared up. Even though i know the issue was around when I originally got the phone and was using the stock app.
    10-19-17 10:35 PM
    Also on Bell. Having the same issue. MMS or group texts will be received. Three days later up to a week I will get the exact same photos or group conversation all over again. Was using a Third party messaging app - called Bell support today and was told to delete third party and you stock messaging app to see if the issue cleared up. Even though i know the issue was around when I originally got the phone and was using the stock app.
    Yup same here. Frustrating because sometimes a picture gets re sent to me days later and I forget that it was even sent the first time haha. So I'll react to it and the person on the other end will be like, "huh?".
    10-20-17 01:01 AM
    That's very odd behaviour. Try a different texting app, either Textra or Yaata are common (but there are others you can try)
    10-20-17 01:20 AM
    When I first got the phone I used the stock app. It happened then - at first I thought it was just new phone issues and would get sorted out with some time. It didn't. Since then I've tried textra, pulse, a factory reset (requested by bell the first time I called), pulse again after reset and now back to stock (requested by bell the second time I've called). I just switched back to stock yesterday. So I haven't had enough time to see the issue happen yet but I'm 99% sure it will happen again.

I will call then again once/if it does.

I have a feeling this is a carrier issue rather than a hardware. I just hope it gets resolved. feeling better that someone else is at least experiencing same conditions with same carrier with bell.
    10-20-17 05:49 AM
    surely not a carrier issue as looking above most of us are on different networks
    10-20-17 06:44 AM
    surely not a carrier issue as looking above most of us are on different networks
    Most definitely a stock app bug IMO
    10-20-17 07:43 AM
    Found something interesting.

Was digging around in some settings and got into my APN settings.
    On my K1 there is a default APN profile. When clicked there is no option to edit any of the fields.

I compared the fields to this website;
    https://apn-canada.gishan.net/settin...rry_keyone.php

In my default un-editable settings I noticed some of the fields were different OR not filled in at all.
    Contacted bell once again - Compared the default settings and fields to what he would provide to a customer from troubleshooting and he said that two fields that most definitely should be filled out and weren't, were the Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca and Port:80 fields.

He suggested I create a new APN profile and fill out all the fields including the the proxy and port settings.
    He said there is a very good chance this will resolve the issue. Also mentioned that is was strange that the fields in the default APN settings weren't editable or fillable.

Won't know if this solved the issue until a few days from now when I would normally start reciveing my duplicates but I will keep you posted.

Maybe if there are some other Bell users or even some other carrier users that can confirm with that website or their carrier that the settings in their k1 are what they are supposed to be would help.

Staying with Stock App for now to see. Will switch back to third party in about two weeks to see if that makes a difference with the new APN profile in place.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-20-17 08:32 AM
    I noticed that someone mentioned that the issue was with MMS. When my wife and I moved to Android (me from BB10, her from IOS) we had issues with MMS messages - the PICTURE would not download / show up.

We finally found the answer on an Android forum - we had to GET OFF WIFI and use ONLY CELLULAR DATA.

So, we switched our WiFi off (and increased the size of our data plan) and, sure enough, the pictures started showing up correctly!

My issue is different, but since MMS is involved, I would try switching your WiFi OFF and see if that helps.

My understanding is that this is an ANDROID issue somehow.

Note that I was on MTS / Bell in Canada for carrier.
    10-20-17 09:52 AM
    I noticed that someone mentioned that the issue was with MMS. When my wife and I moved to Android (me from BB10, her from IOS) we had issues with MMS messages - the PICTURE would not download / show up.

We finally found the answer on an Android forum - we had to GET OFF WIFI and use ONLY CELLULAR DATA.

So, we switched our WiFi off (and increased the size of our data plan) and, sure enough, the pictures started showing up correctly!

My issue is different, but since MMS is involved, I would try switching your WiFi OFF and see if that helps.

My understanding is that this is an ANDROID issue somehow.

Note that I was on MTS / Bell in Canada for carrier.
    I personally use whatsapp to send photos
    10-20-17 09:59 AM
    I personally use whatsapp to send photos
    Even so, why don't you try turning your WiFi off and see if that affects your regular text duplication? It'll take you 5 minutes and may solve your issue.
    10-20-17 10:18 AM
    Found something interesting.

Was digging around in some settings and got into my APN settings.
    On my K1 there is a default APN profile. When clicked there is no option to edit any of the fields.

In my default un-editable settings I noticed some of the fields were different OR not filled in at all.
    Contacted bell once again - Compared the default settings and fields to what he would provide to a customer from troubleshooting and he said that two fields that most definitely should be filled out and weren't, were the Proxy: web.wireless.bell.ca and Port:80 fields.

He suggested I create a new APN profile and fill out all the fields including the the proxy and port settings.
    He said there is a very good chance this will resolve the issue. Also mentioned that is was strange that the fields in the default APN settings weren't editable or fillable.

Won't know if this solved the issue until a few days from now when I would normally start reciveing my duplicates but I will keep you posted.

Maybe if there are some other Bell users or even some other carrier users that can confirm with that website or their carrier that the settings in their k1 are what they are supposed to be would help.

Staying with Stock App for now to see. Will switch back to third party in about two weeks to see if that makes a difference with the new APN profile in place.
    Also to add to this. I was having issues sending videos without them turning into a complete blur. Pretty much unwatchable. Was told Bell compressed their videos for sending. This quick setting change seemed to have cleared that up a whole bunch. Videos/audio are much better quality with the quick APN settings change.
    10-20-17 11:30 AM