Keyboard
    Battery Life
    Android

All of those 3 were mandatory for me.
    09-17-17 03:37 PM
    Keyboard battery life looks
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-17-17 04:17 PM
    You don't have them all yet! Buy your display stands in bulk, you'll need 'em
    I'm pretty damn close
    09-17-17 08:44 PM
    What better devices do you speak of? We're there other pkb phones available with better design and/or hardware?
    With pkb, probably no other. Without pkb, several others.
    09-17-17 11:16 PM
    Yes, I do realize that. It is part and parcel of a mid-range device. Aiming low for the price point leads to a lower end CPU. Lower end CPU leads to a lower end display. And so on and so forth. And resolution aside...I was not pleased with the colour rendering, or the missing deep blacks. Colours seemed washed out to me. Funny you should mention the PRIV. K1 display felt like a downgrade from the 2015 PRIV.
    can you provide dpi resolution you want for OLED (find a handset with that dpi), instead of xxxx yyyy "resolution" (depend upon size the screen, numberxnumber pixel really hard to compare as for resolution IMHO). thanks.
    09-18-17 05:02 AM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    because it looked like the perfect mix of BlackBerry and Android
    +1

Posted via CB10
    09-18-17 07:19 AM
    Well first off I am a loyal BlackBerry user since 2010 and second it's because I know this is a durable phone with great security and even greater keyboard and I find this phone useful during schoolwork and other stuff productivity related I don't really have any games on this actually no game at all but I have many apps for productivity and that's how I see smartphones should be used and not like a new age GameBoy. (although in some way that's kinda cool) I am only 17 and I use BlackBerry yes I have had a Bold 9650 and a Classic and a Priv and now I use a KEYone which I must say is the best of the Classic Priv and Bold rolled into one awesome device and I don't see myself thinking of a new device anytime soon.
    Sigewif likes this.
    09-18-17 09:42 AM
    Keyboard... and Android.
    09-18-17 10:55 AM
    All other phones look the same. KEYone is unique.

1. Battery
    2. BlackBerry software
    3. Keyboard
    4. Appearance (I like that keyone looks different)
    5. Security
    6. Camera
    09-18-17 11:08 AM
    can you provide dpi resolution you want for OLED (find a handset with that dpi), instead of xxxx yyyy "resolution" (depend upon size the screen, numberxnumber pixel really hard to compare as for resolution IMHO). thanks.
    A suitable display for the K1 in my view should be AMOLED and well above 500dpi. In other words, at or above the flagship specs of competing Androids.
    09-18-17 11:57 AM
    A suitable display for the K1 in my view should be AMOLED and well above 500dpi. In other words, at or above the flagship specs of competing Androids.
    retina display is 300dpi - why you need more than human eyes resolution? LED smaller size means less output of light emitting, 500 dpi what is the output luminance? OLED also has "ink" problem - cross contamination of color. do you have any evidence that 500 dpi actually exist with good performance and reliability? or just your "dream device"? thanks in advance to enlighten me.
    09-18-17 12:28 PM
    retina display is 300dpi - why you need more than human eyes resolution? LED smaller size means less output of light emitting, 500 dpi what is the output luminance? OLED also has "ink" problem - cross contamination of color. do you have any evidence that 500 dpi actually exist with good performance and reliability? or just your "dream device"? thanks in advance to enlighten me.
    Not sure where you come up with 300dpi as the maximum resolution of the "human eye"? Anyway, my evidence...if you take it as such...is that when I look at a K1 display it looks lower quality to me. Images have less detail and colours seem washed out. Not a huge difference, but noticeable enough. For sure Apple has perfected other aspects of their displays aside from resolution alone...but yes, I would definitely agree that either a Retina display or Samsung Galaxy display for example look much better quality to me than the display on the K1.
    09-18-17 01:02 PM
    All other phones look the same. KEYone is unique.

1. Battery
    2. BlackBerry software
    3. Keyboard
    4. Appearance (I like that keyone looks different)
    5. Security
    6. Camera
    Who wants to be unique now-a-days? Just be a good boy and blend into the herd like everyone else.
    09-18-17 01:18 PM
    Keyboard
    09-18-17 01:41 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retina_Display
    you can cheat if you wish...
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...i-etc-0176363/

pay it for your wish...with money (buy a galaxy) or with your skill... nothing is for free. for me, trade off - good enough for eyes, sun light readable, reliability (5 years), response time and good color balance (no ink defect)... reasonably priced... yours is definitely different... (may be money is easier come to you than come to me... poor me!!!!)
    09-18-17 03:21 PM
    https://www.oled-info.com/super-amoled%2Bsamsung+amoled+dpi+handset&client=safari& rls=en&dcr=0&hl=en&ct=clnk]Super AMOLED | OLED-Info[/url]
    super amoled just have sub-pixel... you can see iphone x still blow 500... the ink type (2017 new LG and Jap) still in the process for TV... you might have to wait even with money in your hands...(holding tight, not going to be cheap for those pixels).
    09-18-17 03:36 PM
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retina_Display
    you can cheat if you wish...
    https://android.gadgethacks.com/how-...i-etc-0176363/

pay it for your wish...with money (buy a galaxy) or with your skill... nothing is for free. for me, trade off - good enough for eyes, sun light readable, reliability (5 years), response time and good color balance (no ink defect)... reasonably priced... yours is definitely different... (may be money is easier come to you than come to me... poor me!!!!)
    Lol. Well that is my point. I would actually like the K1 (or a future version of it, more accurately) to have a really nice display. Not saying all K1 owners will necessarily agree. That is my opinion of course. I don't think it's something we should automatically think we need to give up because it's only a 4.5" display or for the sake of better battery life.
    09-18-17 03:56 PM
    Lol. Well that is my point. I would actually like the K1 (or a future version of it, more accurately) to have a really nice display. Not saying all K1 owners will necessarily agree. That is my opinion of course. I don't think it's something we should automatically think we need to give up because it's only a 4.5" display or for the sake of better battery life.
    Actually, I like the 4.5" display not for battery life, but insanely big phones are ridiculous to hold and use. I feel completely ridiculous holding up a huge laptop to my head everytime someone hands me one of their big a-- phablets. At that point I'd rather just put it on speakerphone just so I'm not standing there holding a damn kitchen tile to my face...

This is how I feel when I hold one of those phones up to my face:

09-18-17 06:25 PM
    Actually, I like the 4.5" display not for battery life, but insanely big phones are ridiculous to hold and use. I feel completely ridiculous holding up a huge laptop to my head everytime someone hands me one of their big a-- phablets. At that point I'd rather just put it on speakerphone just so I'm not standing there holding a damn kitchen tile to my face...

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...a5d9a67758.jpg
    Who said anything about insanely big phones? I was talking about screen quality, not size.
    09-18-17 07:00 PM

If I could change one thing about the KEYone, I'd shrink it by 10-15%.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    09-18-17 07:07 PM

Hahaha! What a great visual! 5 million shortcut keys!
    09-18-17 09:05 PM
    Because it looks different from all the other phones out there that just look similar. I like something different.
    09-18-17 09:42 PM
    I mean in all honesty, what made you purchase this instead of the other (better) devices around?
    Other better? Highly debatable, especially when you consider the pkb. Some of us want/need that option if at all possible.
    09-18-17 09:52 PM
    Who said anything about insanely big phones? I was talking about screen quality, not size.
    You mentioned the size, thought you were bringing that up as one of the cons of it. If not, then alright, no biggie, my point about liking the size still stands, just isn't relevant to your comment, so sorry to have quoted it with an irrelevant response, my mistake man (not being sarcastic, I misunderstood your point).
    09-18-17 11:56 PM
106 12345