Keyboard and battery life. Those were the two factors most important to me, and the device has met those needs and then some. Couldn't be happier for the type of use I need it for.
    09-15-17 10:31 PM
    I mean in all honesty, what made you purchase this instead of the other (better) devices around?
    Physical Keyboard.
    I don't think I would buy the Krypton as it doesn't have PKB.
    09-15-17 11:27 PM
    Physical Keyboard... a non slide-out one.
    I tried vkb with a DTEK for 11 months, and it's really not for my fingers.
    freinhar likes this.
    09-16-17 01:31 AM
    Permanently available physical Keyboard. And the promise to deliver security updates in a timely manner. (And I'm not a religious BB fan, I'm an Android user since 2010 and was looking for a device with a PKB.)
    09-16-17 05:50 AM
    I mean in all honesty, what made you purchase this instead of the other (better) devices around?
    Iphone 6 was on its last legs. Managed to still get £125 quid for it.

Got the Keyone in May for free on a cheap £29 a month contract. Figured i would keep it a year then sell it to pay off the second year of the contract and then get an iphone x on a new contract. Buying in may positions me perfectly to get the iphone x when its more available and hopefully a bit cheaper.

I then kind of fell in love with this 'inferior' device so much so that i might just keep it for the full duration of the contract.

It isnt about whats better, its about what works for the individual. This really is the most functional phone iv ever owned, mostly down to the PKB and battery. Im now very excited to see what the future holds for BB.
    Last edited by Mercuryuser; 09-16-17 at 12:44 PM.
    09-16-17 12:32 PM
    1. Battery life
    2. Almost all smartphones are slabs and it's getting really boring. I didn't realize how much I missed BB until I heard about the Mercury (still a better name than KEYone). I immediately knew I wanted one and havent looked back since I have it, although ip67 would be nice.
    09-16-17 04:56 PM
    I buy them all. Always the latest and greatest BlackBerrys. Now where is Krypton
    09-16-17 05:39 PM
    because it is a true blackberry with a new OS
    WhT makes it a “true” blackberry? It is made by a Chinese company known for making mediocre devices.
    09-16-17 06:40 PM
    WhT makes it a “true” blackberry? It is made by a Chinese company known for making mediocre devices.
    It was designed by BB. No idea if it completely fulfills their entire design or not.
    09-16-17 07:09 PM
    I buy them all. Always the latest and greatest BlackBerrys. Now where is Krypton
    You don't have them all yet! Buy your display stands in bulk, you'll need 'em
    09-16-17 09:49 PM
    CBK made me buy my KEYone
    FF22 and RoseBud68 like this.
    09-16-17 09:49 PM
    LMAO! "Hm, I have nothing productive to say, what should I reply instead? Oh, I got it!" :'D
    Hey, I just wanted to make sure 😂😂
    09-16-17 10:21 PM
    As much as I hated giving up my Classic, the fact that I could upgrade to the KEYONE and stay with AT&T made it an easy choice. It was time to move on from BB10 and AT&T made it easy to stay with BlackBerry.
    09-16-17 11:14 PM
    the last true BB design -award winning (too bad the antenna is not para). The black version is almost perfect, except the OS... (know few Priv ex-BB users, the Priv was reduced to phone call and text only... too many update drive them crazy, too many ads and other "notification"... compare to BB10... I never have blackdroid - still not.. K1 is my next on wish list - just for hardware). although I brought K1 for my niece as university entrance gift... she like it very much - including the attention she got from fellow students...
    09-17-17 10:00 AM
    What better devices do you speak of? We're there other pkb phones available with better design and/or hardware?
    09-17-17 10:10 AM
    Iphone 6 was on its last legs. Managed to still get £125 quid for it.

Got the Keyone in May for free on a cheap £29 a month contract. Figured i would keep it a year then sell it to pay off the second year of the contract and then get an iphone x on a new contract. Buying in may positions me perfectly to get the iphone x when its more available and hopefully a bit cheaper.

I then kind of fell in love with this 'inferior' device so much so that i might just keep it for the full duration of the contract.

It isnt about whats better, its about what works for the individual. This really is the most functional phone iv ever owned, mostly down to the PKB and battery. Im now very excited to see what the future holds for BB.
    What??? Individual?? What's that?? Lol
    09-17-17 10:13 AM
    Keyboard.
    Security.
    Battery Life.
    09-17-17 10:14 AM
    The K1 black edition is a nice bump up but specs still need improvement. Particularly screen type and resolution, HD calling, and reception issues addressed. Hopefully TCL is working on it. Until then, K1 is in the tradition of a BlackBerry Classic...kind of a PKB remake of a previous model (DTEK50).
    Last edited by panopticon; 09-17-17 at 10:37 AM.
    09-17-17 10:21 AM
    resolution
    I'm short sighted and can usually see single pixels on my 1920x1200 computer display. However, I can't see any pixels on the K1's display. Why should the resolution be increased?
    09-17-17 10:26 AM
    I'm short sighted and can usually see single pixels on my 1920x1200 computer display. However, I can't see any pixels on the K1's display. Why should the resolution be increased?
    The display (to my eyes) is inferior to a high end display in image quality and detail, and colour rendering. I would like to see an AMOLED with at least 2K. I can tell the difference, and contrary to intuition perhaps for the K1 designers...when we are already punished with a tiny screen, at least make it a screen worth having.
    09-17-17 10:32 AM
    The display (to my eyes) is inferior to a high end display in image quality and detail, and colour rendering. I would like to see an AMOLED with at least 2K. I can tell the difference, any contrary to intuition perhaps for the K1 designers...when we are already punished with a tiny screen, at least make it a screen worth having.
    You do know that more resolution = more CPU/GPU resources needed to render the display? (And thus more power consumption and slower system.) And since I don't watch any movies on the device or use it to show off the photos from my last vacation, I don't see any problems with the colour rendering.

The AMOLED on the PRIV was nice, especially because I could see it with my polarised sunglasses in any orientation. But I got used to the K1's screen very fast and find it perfect in combination with the other components. More resolution wouldn't do anything for me.

(Just to be sure: You do know the settings to change the rendering resolution in Settings -> Display -> Display size and Settings -> Developer options -> Smalles width?)
    09-17-17 10:38 AM
    I love the Keyone, but still think the screen is a tag too small, I was just wondering if I should wait for they bigger version of the Keyxxx?

Posted via CB10
    09-17-17 10:46 AM
    Because BlackBerry, because keyboard, because reasons.
    09-17-17 10:57 AM
    You do know that more resolution = more CPU/GPU resources needed to render the display? (And thus more power consumption and slower system.) And since I don't watch any movies on the device or use it to show off the photos from my last vacation, I don't see any problems with the colour rendering.

The AMOLED on the PRIV was nice, especially because I could see it with my polarised sunglasses in any orientation. But I got used to the K1's screen very fast and find it perfect in combination with the other components. More resolution wouldn't do anything for me.

(Just to be sure: You do know the settings to change the rendering resolution in Settings -> Display -> Display size and Settings -> Developer options -> Smalles width?)
    Yes, I do realize that. It is part and parcel of a mid-range device. Aiming low for the price point leads to a lower end CPU. Lower end CPU leads to a lower end display. And so on and so forth. And resolution aside...I was not pleased with the colour rendering, or the missing deep blacks. Colours seemed washed out to me. Funny you should mention the PRIV. K1 display felt like a downgrade from the 2015 PRIV.
    09-17-17 11:09 AM
    PKB and Hub. I was on the fence until ATT made it easy
    09-17-17 11:34 AM
106 1234 ...