I think I probably already know the answer to this, but why can't I get the august update? Is it a staged roll out as to not overwhelm their servers? Is there any way to force it? I see others working on auto-loaders, but 5 posts in and seeing all the confusion and blinking lights not to mention the word "brick" I decided I'm just going to stay away from that.

So if we want updates OTA we have to just wait our turn?

Thanks,

Roveer
    08-07-17 12:21 PM
    I think I probably already know the answer to this, but why can't I get the august update? Is it a staged roll out as to not overwhelm their servers? Is there any way to force it? I see others working on auto-loaders, but 5 posts in and seeing all the confusion and blinking lights not to mention the word "brick" I decided I'm just going to stay away from that.

Thanks,

Roveer
    Hi, The notification problem in August update is still in progress.
    08-07-17 12:23 PM
    I haven't seen an August update, there was an update in August for the July security update for Model 000-1, had an improved build number but didn't fix the notification issue plaguing many users.
    08-07-17 02:16 PM

Thanks,

Roveer
    August hasnt been released yet. The AAN355 update is from july but i believe someone spotted it was built july 28th but as far as i know, the notification bug is still there. i would expect an august update within then next week and we should be able to get an autoloader made.

The autoloaders should be good now. there were some problems yesterday with them but it should all be straightened out now, but make sure you back up.
    08-07-17 02:21 PM
    Thanks for the helpful information. I've got AAN355 and it's got all kinds of problems. Let's hope something down the line fixes that.

What strikes me as amazing is that this phone launched with so many bugs. I mean, notification bugs, ringtone bugs. Android is not new, not nearly. BB has had 2+ years of experience with the Priv and shouldn't be putting out a product that has fundamental issues with it's core functionalities. Is the software for the phone a product of BB Mobile or BB?

I had never expected it to have so many issues with basic functions. Maybe I missed this because I was too busy worrying that the screen might fall off, or the keyboard would not work, or ...

Not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully there will be a day when this is all behind us, but for right now, this products is very much a beta. Unfortunately we paid full price and got a product that was only part-way complete. That's a hue disappointment.

Roveer
    08-07-17 05:48 PM
    Thanks for the helpful information. I've got AAN355 and it's got all kinds of problems. Let's hope something down the line fixes that.

What strikes me as amazing is that this phone launched with so many bugs. I mean, notification bugs, ringtone bugs. Android is not new, not nearly. BB has had 2+ years of experience with the Priv and shouldn't be putting out a product that has fundamental issues with it's core functionalities. Is the software for the phone a product of BB Mobile or BB?

I had never expected it to have so many issues with basic functions. Maybe I missed this because I was too busy worrying that the screen might fall off, or the keyboard would not work, or ...

Not exactly what I was expecting. Hopefully there will be a day when this is all behind us, but for right now, this products is very much a beta. Unfortunately we paid full price and got a product that was only part-way complete. That's a hue disappointment.

Roveer
    That's the irony of where Blackberry is now, they were always a much better at hardware then software, yet now they are only a software company.
    08-07-17 06:55 PM
    if you have a Verizon model, you will need to sell it, cancel your service, sign up with a GSM carrier, and begin the long process of trying to get a GSM model. 'Cause us BB100-3 users aren't entirely sure BlackBerry knows we exist.

For the record, I LOVE this phone. This thing is damn near perfect for me.
    C_McD likes this.
    08-07-17 07:23 PM
    As far as I can tell there aren't any BB phones yet with the August 2017 patch level. If one is generous then that could be due to today being a holiday in Ontario, but, like usual, you'll have to wait and see.
    08-07-17 07:27 PM
    I am still stuck on June's update. This "Software Company" talks a lot but they cannot back it up.
    chi-town311 likes this.
    08-07-17 09:50 PM
    I'm also on June.. .. Hoping that it is because I'm skipping the last builds that broke notifications. But alas I'm on the Priv so I don't think it affects if the same. Hoping for the update!
    08-07-17 10:25 PM
    As far as I can tell there aren't any BB phones yet with the August 2017 patch level. If one is generous then that could be due to today being a holiday in Ontario, but, like usual, you'll have to wait and see.
    Yep, and as far as BlackBerry's head office goes *crickets*
    08-07-17 10:34 PM
    Yep, and as far as BlackBerry's head office goes *crickets*https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...c8d7a1575f.jpg
    If this is a picture of the BBAndroid side of the building, what does the BB10 side of the building have??
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-07-17 10:59 PM
    If this is a picture of the BBAndroid side of the building, what does the BB10 side of the building have??
    They are holding a candlelight vigil.
    dollface and C_McD like this.
    08-07-17 11:21 PM
    August hasnt been released yet. The AAN355 update is from july but i believe someone spotted it was built july 28th but as far as i know, the notification bug is still there. i would expect an august update within then next week and we should be able to get an autoloader made.

The autoloaders should be good now. there were some problems yesterday with them but it should all be straightened out now, but make sure you back up.
    Wait, what notification bug are you talking about? I am having trouble with lack of peek notifications for WhatsApp and Signal (BBM does it correctly), but I thought this was due to changes in Android 7 versus Android 6, as seen in the website of Material Design. Is that what you are referring to as well or something completely different?
    08-08-17 12:40 AM
    I don't think there's a single notification bug. There seems to be several bugs related to notifications, 50% of which are android's bugs and 49% of which are apps' bugs. Might be there's 1% related to bb's integration of android...
    08-08-17 01:43 AM
    I haven't seen an August update, there was an update in August for the July security update for Model 000-1, had an improved build number but didn't fix the notification issue plaguing many users.
    Same boat but for me and a few others had the touch sensitivity of the soft keys affected! And also broke LTE+! So for me not impressed!!!!
    08-08-17 02:12 AM
    I don't think there's a single notification bug. There seems to be several bugs related to notifications, 50% of which are android's bugs and 49% of which are apps' bugs. Might be there's 1% related to bb's integration of android...
    Haven't noticed any notification bugs in the August Patch on my Samsung. Nor do I see reported problems over on AndroidCentral...
    08-08-17 10:16 AM
    The only notification issue on the KeyOne which I have is with the calendar app, whose notifications are lacking sound. (Luckily I could fix that using tasker...)

What kind of issues do you have? (And how do you dare mention the S-word in this sacred place... :-P )
    08-08-17 10:26 AM
    The only notification issue on the KeyOne which I have is with the calendar app, whose notifications are lacking sound. (Luckily I could fix that using tasker...)

What kind of issues do you have? (And how do you dare mention the S-word in this sacred place... :-P )
    What build are you running?
    08-08-17 12:23 PM
    AAM481. No updates available.

To be precise, the calendar app frequently seems to post a notification and a few milliseconds later an update to that notification. It's always those cases when the sound is missing. (I analyzed this with tasker while coming up with a workaround.)

So it seems like the notification update might cancel the actual notification post's sound or sth like that. That's why I blame Android for this particular case. Of course different behaviour of the calendar app might also fix this. (My calendar is synced via caldav btw, I don't know if that is connected to the problem on some level.)
    08-08-17 01:49 PM
    And you'd be 100% wrong. This is unequivocally related completely to BB implementation of Android. This is not related to Android generally nor to any third-party apps.

Did you just make this statement up?
    08-08-17 03:00 PM
    I'm waiting on my replacement to come today, however I'm with Rogers and no Aug update yet! I wanna try on this one 1st to see if there are any bugs or issues!
    08-08-17 03:04 PM
    Did i make which statement up? Yes i did make it up, it's not based on scientific proof...
    08-08-17 03:16 PM