I've tried downloading two apps from Google Play (first was "AT&T Digital Life" second was a "Head Space" ((a mindful meditation app)). Found app on Google Play - logged in - hit install - it showed progress - then the install button changed to "installed" (indicating it's been installed). Can't find it anywhere on the K1.

Any ideas are appreciated.
    03-15-18 11:59 AM
    Search for it? See if it's installed in your apps list?
    03-15-18 12:02 PM
    03-15-18 12:08 PM
    Okay - so here's where I show my bb ignorance! I'm by "search for it" do you mean use the "device search" ? I did try that - came up with nada...
    03-15-18 12:10 PM
    Hi - thanks for video instruction - but the video showed how to "install" and app from app tray to home screen. My problem is the installed app doesn't show up on the app tray after install (so can't move it from tray to home screen).
    03-15-18 12:14 PM
    ...the installed app doesn't show up on the app tray after install (so can't move it from tray to home screen).
    Yah, looking in the app drawer, which would have been news to me, at one point, hadn't been shared in OP.
    03-15-18 12:19 PM
    ok - found where to search for apps (top bar in app tray). Searched for both apps and where we're not found. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-15-18 12:20 PM
    Ok - so tried another app for a test - this time tried installing the "CrackBerry" app. From CB website selected install CB app then it launched Google Play, chose "install", prompted me to log on, logged on, prompted me to select device, selected the " AT&T BlackBerry BBB100-1" (my K1), hit install, got dialog box saying "will be installed soon" , hit ok, button changed to "installed"
    Crackberry app not in tray, searched for app, doesn't show up in app list...
    Any advise would be appreciated.
    03-15-18 12:44 PM
    I've had the experience of installing from PS on my PC ("will be installed soon" is always the message) but app doesn't get installed, actually, unless I open the PlayStore app on my K1. Maybe I have to find it there, or not, but that's a pretty common experience for me, in case you are installing from PC.
    03-15-18 01:08 PM
    Ok - so tried another app for a test - this time tried installing the "CrackBerry" app. From CB website selected install CB app then it launched Google Play, chose "install", prompted me to log on, logged on, prompted me to select device, selected the " AT&T BlackBerry BBB100-1" (my K1), hit install, got dialog box saying "will be installed soon" , hit ok, button changed to "installed"
    Crackberry app not in tray, searched for app, doesn't show up in app list...
    Any advise would be appreciated.
    Usually, after an app is installed from the Playstore, there is a button option "OPEN" which will run the app. But when you open the App Drawer, the 6 dot button in the center, apps can be arranged by newest or alphabetical (3rd option???). And you can't find these apps you just installed? Go back to playstore and find the app again. It should offer to Open or UNinstall. Try Open or try UNinstall.

Is this a corporate device?
    03-15-18 02:48 PM
    It's not a "corporate" device - but I do recall when I set up my K1 to interface with my employers Outlook that I had to accept a number of permissions. Might that be messing it up? I've been able to load some apps (e.g. reuters news, American Airlines, good vibrations). How can I look at if these permissions may be inhibiting the app load?
    03-15-18 05:23 PM
    It's not a "corporate" device - but I do recall when I set up my K1 to interface with my employers Outlook that I had to accept a number of permissions. Might that be messing it up? I've been able to load some apps (e.g. reuters news, American Airlines, good vibrations). How can I look at if these permissions may be inhibiting the app load?
    I have to admit that I don't know much about limitations that might be imposed by employers.

Another place you might look for the apps would be in Main Settings. Then apps and see if they are there and if you can access permissions from there. If they are not there, then it is strange. Make sure that you know what the installed app is actually called - that might be a factor.
    03-15-18 05:52 PM
    I've had the experience of installing from PS on my PC ("will be installed soon" is always the message) but app doesn't get installed, actually, unless I open the PlayStore app on my K1. Maybe I have to find it there, or not, but that's a pretty common experience for me, in case you are installing from PC.
    I just had occasion to install an app to my K1 from Google Play on my PC. As I had remembered, "will be installed soon" was the message. On the phone, there was no record of the app until I opened the PS app, there. Immediately, the notification bar showed the download, then the PS icon, which led me to the app. It now has an icon on my home screen but I think other apps just go to drawer, requiring manual intervention to get the shortcut to home screen.

Haven't seen info from OP about the explicit details of his or her installation steps, here, but I wanted to clarify what was my experience, which seemed, initially, to have some parallels.
    03-17-18 11:23 AM
    I have a similar experience however most apps I install do appear in the appdrawer. Recently I installed Facebook Lite. It installed properly as the right button in the playstore changed from "install" to "open". Tapping "open" will launch the app and I can use it as expected. However, looking in my app drawer, the app is nowhere to be found ! Tried to uinstall and reinstall but the same issue turns up. I tried to install another app at random which appeared as expected in my appdrawer. Any info on this ?

Cheers
    Mark
    03-22-18 03:00 AM
    I have a similar experience however most apps I install do appear in the appdrawer. Recently I installed Facebook Lite. It installed properly as the right button in the playstore changed from "install" to "open". Tapping "open" will launch the app and I can use it as expected. However, looking in my app drawer, the app is nowhere to be found ! Tried to uinstall and reinstall but the same issue turns up. I tried to install another app at random which appeared as expected in my appdrawer. Any info on this ?

Cheers
    Mark
    You might try changing the SORT order of items in the App drawer. Change to RECENTS first and maybe it will show up - in case the icon or name is not as expected???
    psychofox13 likes this.
    03-22-18 10:35 AM
    I'm just guessing, but is it possible that the apps are hidden? I think I remember seeing somewhere that that could be done.
    03-22-18 10:56 AM
    I'm just guessing, but is it possible that the apps are hidden? I think I remember seeing somewhere that that could be done.
    Apps can be, but that's typically only something you can do. Unless it's an app like, say, a live wallpaper that will only show up in the Live Wallpapers option when changing your wallpaper, it should show up in your app drawer.
    03-22-18 12:01 PM
    A search suggests:

"go into Manage Applications and clear data for your launcher. "
    03-22-18 12:17 PM
    You might try changing the SORT order of items in the App drawer. Change to RECENTS first and maybe it will show up - in case the icon or name is not as expected???
    Yes !!!! That did the job ! Thx
    FF22 likes this.
    03-22-18 02:29 PM