09-16-17 08:22 PM
40 12
tools
    Why isn't blackberry developing a browser specifically to be used with keyboard devices?
    Because they can't do everything. Their Android team is operating as hired guns, and will only work on projects that their customers are willing to pay for.

If a partner came to the conclusion that they would sell substantially more phones if there were such a browser - they would order one.
    09-12-17 11:36 AM
    I've tried using the keyboard browser from the play store it's decent but not ready for everyday use for me at least. Why isn't blackberry developing a browser specifically to be used with keyboard devices? For goodness sakes you are the only ones with a pkb. Is this too far fetched to be thinking about?
    I think they should develop every core app, like phone, alarm, browser, messages ... otherwise people will run and install third party apps, which aren't always reliable. And so we're forced to take the risk.

p.s. no, google default apps aren't an option.
    megafan2000 likes this.
    09-12-17 04:13 PM
    I think they should develop every core app, like phone, alarm, browser, messages ... otherwise people will run and install third party apps, which aren't always reliable. And so we're forced to take the risk.
    That implies BlackBerry are magically better at app development than any third party.

MikeX74 likes this.
    09-12-17 04:19 PM
    But this is supposedly why we pay a premium for having a physical kb so if we are paying a premium for the pkb why arent they putting it to use as it should be intended
    Premium phone would be $800-$1000. The KeyOne isn't a premium phone and wasn't developed to be a a premium phone
    09-12-17 05:52 PM
    Premium phone would be $800-$1000. The KeyOne isn't a premium phone and wasn't developed to be a a premium phone
    09-12-17 05:56 PM
    Well thats very obvious that it wasnt meant to be a premium phone with outdated specs like K1 but thats not what we're paying for we're paying for the KB. You think we're paying $550 for the poor specs sheet ? No we're paying because of the pkb.
    09-12-17 05:58 PM
    Well thats very obvious that it wasnt meant to be a premium phone with outdated specs like K1 but thats not what we're paying for we're paying for the KB. You think we're paying $550 for the poor specs sheet ? No we're paying because of the pkb.
    I don't think it has poor specs. Phone is optimized and runs great. It doesn't need top of the specs to perform. Actually phones with supposedly better specs don't always perform better - especially battery life. $550 is a mid range phone from what I see on the shelf.
    09-12-17 06:13 PM
    I don't think it has poor specs. Phone is optimized and runs great. It doesn't need top of the specs to perform. Actually phones with supposedly better specs don't always perform better - especially battery life. $550 is a mid range phone from what I see on the shelf.
    So if this phone didn't have a pkb you would be happy paying 550 dollars for it if it was just a slab when there's a lot better choices for 550 bucks? If so I have an S3 in a drawer somewhere I'd gladly take 100 bucks for it.
    RK_BB likes this.
    09-12-17 06:26 PM
    I wish they would develop a browser that can be used across platforms like iOS, Android, etc.
    09-13-17 02:52 AM

Just buy a Samsung lol. Their apps work better than the Google Native/3rd Party apps.
    09-13-17 07:03 AM
    i understand that my point is we pay for devices with a pkb so as a company dedicated to this niche i dont think its too far fetched for them to develop a browser for their phones. There's safari, samsung has their own browser so does asus and a few more im sure so whats the point of these guys having their own browsers if everyone uses chrome.
    it will never work as well as chrome or Firefox. Security would be major concern as well. It is enormous task not just to develop it but maintain it.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-13-17 07:14 AM
    And Chrome more than likely reports home to the mother ship every site I visit.
    Firefox is a great browser too.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 and anon(8679041) like this.
    09-13-17 07:22 AM
    That implies BlackBerry are magically better at app development than any third party.
    That'd force them to. Otherwise they're gonna lose their "super secure" status.
    09-13-17 08:43 AM
    Firefox is a great browser too.

Posted via CB10
    That is the one I do generally use.
    anon(8679041) likes this.
    09-13-17 09:54 AM
    BlackBerry does have a browser on bb10! They should continue to update that one for the sake of all the BlackBerry die hard fans!!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-17 08:22 PM
40 12