I've tried using the keyboard browser from the play store it's decent but not ready for everyday use for me at least. Why isn't blackberry developing a browser specifically to be used with keyboard devices? For goodness sakes you are the only ones with a pkb. Is this too far fetched to be thinking about?
    09-11-17 08:53 AM
    I love the keyboard browser
    pgg101 likes this.
    09-11-17 09:52 AM
    Bc everyone uses google =)

Posted via CB10
    mbirth likes this.
    09-11-17 11:23 AM
    Keyboard Browser from Alain Grange on Google play is pretty much as close to the OEM BB10 browser in how it looks and feels.

It was so close to the original that when I installed it on my wife's DTEK60... she asked me a few days later "Did the browser get updated?... because it looks and feels like the one that we had on our old Z10s, Z30s and Passports"

Now that she has the KEYᵒⁿᵉ... placed it on there as well.

Kudos to Alain...perhaps he was a former BB10 dev and brought it over to Android.
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't blackberry develop a Blackberry Browser ?-2014.jpg  
    pgg101 and jamesharmeling like this.
    09-11-17 11:24 AM
    Pic 2
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't blackberry develop a Blackberry Browser ?-2015.jpg  
    09-11-17 11:24 AM
    Pic 3
    Attached Thumbnails Why can't blackberry develop a Blackberry Browser ?-2016.jpg  
    09-11-17 11:25 AM
    The best feature was the old school "reader" mode by holding down the R.

after that...instant increasing of fonts and removal of ads and banners and straight to reading the website/article. The way info should be read ---Straight to the Point---
    ezikiah likes this.
    09-11-17 11:29 AM
    Unless it's an easy port from BB10, I'd prefer they ask Google to add a couple of keyboard shortcuts instead of resourcing for a full browser with doubtful prospect of widespread use.

Spend the SW resources on fixing current issues (missing security patches for many people, lack of pkb support for some languages, etc) and also delivering the O as fast as possible.
    09-11-17 11:41 AM
    Because it is too expensive and no one would use it. Chrome is very good.
    Troy Tiscareno and mbirth like this.
    09-11-17 02:28 PM
    With many better, faster, and more secure, full-featured browsers on Android, why bother?
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-11-17 02:51 PM
    Even though there are tons of browsers available, FWIW, Alex Thurber in his latest blog interview mentioned (after being asked) that he would "bring it up" to the software team, the possibility of both a Blackberry Browser and also a File Manager. I doubt if it would go beyond that but who knows.
    09-11-17 02:56 PM
    Even though there are tons of browsers available, FWIW, Alex Thurber in his latest blog interview mentioned (after being asked) that he would "bring it up" to the software team, the possibility of both a Blackberry Browser and also a File Manager. I doubt if it would go beyond that but who knows.
    That was code for "I forgot the question already".
    Jake2826 and eldeadache like this.
    09-11-17 03:09 PM
    That was code for "I forgot the question already".
    More than likely, lol
    09-11-17 03:11 PM
    With many better, faster, and more secure, full-featured browsers on Android, why bother?
    Because it would put to good use the pkb we supposedly have to pay more for, this is also part of the problem with the company its like they half$#@@ everything they do instead of doing it right from the get go.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-17 03:17 PM
    best to support an independent dev and use Keyboard Browser. BB10 browser is based on WebKit and most Android browsers are based on Blink which forked off from WebKit in 2013. There are probably too many differences by now to do a port without a substantial dedicated project team in place.
    09-11-17 03:21 PM
    But this is supposedly why we pay a premium for having a physical kb so if we are paying a premium for the pkb why arent they putting it to use as it should be intended
    09-11-17 03:21 PM
    But this is supposedly why we pay a premium for having a physical kb so if we are paying a premium for the pkb why arent they putting it to use as it should be intended
    But people still wouldn't use it unless it was as good as Chrome - even with shortcuts. And that sure won't happen.
    09-11-17 03:27 PM
    I feel like Chrome is on the more power hungry side as far as browsers go. Currently using CM and it feels easier on the battery
    09-11-17 03:30 PM
    I feel like Chrome is on the more power hungry side as far as browsers go. Currently using CM and it feels easier on the battery
    Reader Mode and bottom navigation bar is nice on Chrome though.
    09-11-17 03:37 PM
    But people still wouldn't use it unless it was as good as Chrome - even with shortcuts. And that sure won't happen.
    i understand that my point is we pay for devices with a pkb so as a company dedicated to this niche i dont think its too far fetched for them to develop a browser for their phones. There's safari, samsung has their own browser so does asus and a few more im sure so whats the point of these guys having their own browsers if everyone uses chrome.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-11-17 03:43 PM
    And Chrome more than likely reports home to the mother ship every site I visit.
    09-11-17 08:56 PM
    And Chrome more than likely reports home to the mother ship every site I visit.
    absolutely i dont personally use chrome but are we safe from any browser in the long run? if im going down at least i want it to somewhat be on my terms haha
    FF22 and TCM01 like this.
    09-11-17 10:02 PM
    If I had the choice I would let them get Hub right first before continuing to develop any other accessory app.
    TCM01 likes this.
    09-11-17 10:10 PM
    I've tried using the keyboard browser from the play store it's decent but not ready for everyday use for me at least. Why isn't blackberry developing a browser specifically to be used with keyboard devices? For goodness sakes you are the only ones with a pkb. Is this too far fetched to be thinking about?
    No need.
    09-11-17 10:15 PM
    just started using keyboard Browser. it works great. Plus I can use Facebook without the app and it's allowed me to delete Facebooks horrible Messenger app
    09-12-17 09:17 AM
40 12