While I am not saying that whatever I am saying might be absolutely correct, but I feel BlackBerry might be missing on quite some sales if they release the phone in January next year.
    One of the very major reasons being WhatsApp.
    Let's face it, people are more likely to stick with WhatsApp than give it up and stick with a BlackBerry. While the Priv has a keyboard and is not so pricey now, the keyboard is still subpar to even a curve for most people. Many want a proper BlackBerry keyboard and would very well buy an android BlackBerry with it because they can't do without the apps either.
    Many want to replace their older Q5s and 10s as well but want a keyboard as well.
    The rome is the perfect phone for them.
    They should really push to come out with it well before Christmas.
    Price it nothing above $449 (Same as Classic)
    Capacitive keyboard like the Passport/Priv
    Paratek Antenna (Z30)
    Front camera same the DTEK50
    Back camera same as the Priv or better
    Push for 4GB ram or stick with 3 if it's not possible
    SD 652 (try not to stick with the 650)
    A 3400 mAh battery will suffice (as per rumours if screen is 4.5 inch. Expect a Passport like battery life)
    Have some surround speakers (Z30)
    Some solid build quality (like the Passport, no play on the back like the priv :/ )
    And most importantly the RGB BlackBerry LED.
    Please BlackBerry put this phone on the market by December.
    Will continue the good work the DTEK50 started in a lot of ways
    And also do market the phone a little (Talking from India's perspective, priv was launched for over $1000 and there wasn't even a single ad on any newspaper) BlackBerry should try advertising in FB, twitter and Instagram also (sorta like sponsored content)

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-16-16 08:27 AM
    Sorry about this comment, by mistake
    09-16-16 08:28 AM
    If they announce it sept/oct, then i will wait for the release date. If they dont i buy a google phone with hub+ services.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 08:39 AM
    If they announce it sept/oct, then i will wait for the release date. If they dont i buy a google phone with hub+ services.

Posted via CB10
    Highly unlikely that they will announce it in September or even October
    If they are to actually release it this year, expect nothing before November I think

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-16-16 08:41 AM
    Let's just hope that something decent comes out in earnings report about the handsets and they don't shut it down. Whatsapp is ending it's support on Dec 31 and if the phone is coming out in january,then people will surely wait. We've held onto our blackberries in lot worse situations,whatsapp is nothing of an issue. I'm not worried about Rome or argon, I just want their handset division to be profitable so that I can use blackberry handsets for the rest of my life.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 09:35 AM
    Let's just hope that something decent comes out in earnings report about the handsets and they don't shut it down. Whatsapp is ending it's support on Dec 31 and if the phone is coming out in january,then people will surely wait. We've held onto our blackberries in lot worse situations,whatsapp is nothing of an issue. I'm not worried about Rome or argon, I just want their handset division to be profitable so that I can use blackberry handsets for the rest of my life.

Posted via CB10
    Yes a lot of people will wait
    But a whole lot won't

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-16-16 11:12 AM
    Bad sign, nothing new or positive for a long time now on the PKB phone.

Posted via CB10
    09-16-16 08:08 PM
    Bad sign, nothing new or positive for a long time now on the PKB phone.

Posted via CB10
    There are good chances of that changing if they release one in December this year

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-17-16 12:49 AM
    I think it will release November
    09-17-16 03:20 AM

Posted via CB10
    same here. im interested to hear how the sales of dtek50 have been. hopefully enough to keep the handsets division afloat.
    09-17-16 08:31 AM
    same here. im interested to hear how the sales of dtek50 have been. hopefully enough to keep the handsets division afloat.
    They don't disclose individual sales figures
    Unless DTEK50 has notched up some very impressive numbers like a million or something which I really doubt

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-17-16 11:50 AM
    I think it will release November
    BlackBerry themselves have said next year

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-17-16 11:50 AM
    While I am not saying that whatever I am saying might be absolutely correct, but I feel BlackBerry might be missing on quite some sales if they release the phone in January next year.
    One of the very major reasons being WhatsApp.

Let's face it, people are more likely to stick with WhatsApp than give it up and stick with a BlackBerry.

While the Priv has a keyboard and is not so pricey now, the keyboard is still subpar to even a curve for most people. Many want a proper BlackBerry keyboard and would very well buy an android BlackBerry with it...

Please BlackBerry put this phone on the market by December.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Yep.

Losing WhatsApp is the only reason I am looking to change phone, and I LOVE my Passport (best smartphone I have ever had).

Why am I such a big fan of WhatsApp? I'm not really, I prefer BBM (which I still use for communication with clients).

So why is WhatsApp so important for me? Because it is the SmartPhone IM of choice for ALL of my social contacts.

It's a real shame for me that BlackBerry has not been able to do whatever WhatsApp needs to keep WhatsApp on the BB10 platform, and I expect that many other BB10 users feel the same way.
    Last edited by BigAl_BB9900; 09-17-16 at 12:24 PM.
    09-17-16 12:08 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-17-16 12:11 PM
    Yep.

Losing WhatsApp is the only reason I am looking to change phone, and I LOVE my Passport (best smartphone I have ever had).

Why am I such a big fan of WhatsApp? I'm not really, I prefer BBM (which I still use for communication with clients).

So why is WhatsApp so important for me? Because it is the SmartPhone IM of choice for ALL of my social contacts.

It's a real shame for me that BlackBerry has not been able to do whatever WhatsApp needs to keep WhatsApp on the BB10 platform, and I expect that many other BB10 users feel the same way.
    Exactly!
    Many feel this way
    A lot of us don't prefer WhatsApp but you got no choice!
    Well BlackBerry really should have updated their APIs for WhatsApp
    It's so hard to even recommend a BB10 to someone now because the very first app they are going to install is WhatsApp!
    At least they should come out with this phone to amend some wrongs!

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-17-16 01:13 PM
    Yep.

+1 as well.
    I'm actually looking into another phone as well.
    While I'm using a Z30 as a daily driver and while I am considering the DTEK, I'm hoping a newer PKB comes out as well.
    I only switched to a Z30 because the screen on the Q5 was too small for what I wanted to do.

Oddly enough, I see myself considering an iphone now but $800 for a phone is just insanity. I'd rather take a trip.
    BigAl_BB9900 likes this.
    09-17-16 02:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    I am very curious about this device as well. Would love to hear more about it, will definitely influence my potential buying options..
    09-18-16 04:36 AM
    What processor is it supposed to have?
    09-18-16 06:22 PM
    I just don't get the secrecy around the upcoming phones...leaks are actually a buzz creator and spike people's interests unless there is nothing coming down the pipes from Waterloo.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    09-18-16 07:43 PM
    What processor is it supposed to have?
    The 650 or 652

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-19-16 12:05 AM
    I just don't get the secrecy around the upcoming phones...leaks are actually a buzz creator and spike people's interests unless there is nothing coming down the pipes from Waterloo.

Posted via the handsome BlackBerry PRIV
    There is only secrecy around the release date
    BlackBerry has stated on numerous occasions they are coming out a PKB phone

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-19-16 12:06 AM
    Who knows, maybe they're going to wait until this quarter is over a d see how well the DTEK50 has sold. If handset sales haven't picked up, then maybe they won't bother releasing the new units.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-16 02:10 PM
    They don't disclose individual sales figures
    Unless DTEK50 has notched up some very impressive numbers like a million or something which I really doubt

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    The download count on Google play store is still below 500,000.. It is really a disaster. Not only DTEK is not selling well but also the software part of the business is not picking up..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-20-16 10:16 PM
    Dtek has only just come out. Up in Canada the carriers only just released it. Just because BlackBerry announced it awhile back does not mean it begins to sell. I don't think this quarter can be used to gauge the sales on this device.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-16 10:20 PM
    The download count on Google play store is still below 500,000.. It is really a disaster. Not only DTEK is not selling well but also the software part of the business is not picking up..

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    DTEK50 hasn't even had a global launch as such
    So many Asian countries still left

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    09-21-16 02:11 AM
56 123