Hi there,

I have noticed a problem with my KeyONE. The audio quality is very very poor in the video recordings. I tried all the settings of video quality but the audio Is still very poor. In a normal video recording inside the house, where is very quite, you can not hear the voices that are talking in the video, is sounds like they are talking far away.

when I am in a call and pass the call in loud speaker the other person has problem hearing me. Is there anything to do with the microphone

Has anyone found a solution for this issues ???
    02-27-18 01:47 AM
    Have it replaced....

A few have had issues with it, you can try a Factory Reset to rule out it being a software issue... others have had to contract support for a replacement unit.
    02-27-18 07:18 AM
    Hi there,

I have noticed a problem with my KeyONE. The audio quality is very very poor in the video recordings. I tried all the settings of video quality but the audio Is still very poor. In a normal video recording inside the house, where is very quite, you can not hear the voices that are talking in the video, is sounds like they are talking far away.

when I am in a call and pass the call in loud speaker the other person has problem hearing me. Is there anything to do with the microphone

Check if your version has the Support Center App. Apparently, not all KeyOnes have it.

It contains tests.

Also boot into Safe Mode which disables downloaded app.

Give Safe Mode a try. It will only load basic apps and help eliminate downloaded apps that might be a problem.

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.

If that fails you might investigate reloading the OS using an Autoloade
    02-27-18 02:08 PM
    It does not enter in safe mode by those steps( I tried also in p10+ and didn't enter in safe mode)
    02-27-18 03:47 PM
    It does not enter in safe mode by those steps( I tried also in p10+ and didn't enter in safe mode)
    It offered the Safe Mode option on my KeyOne.

Press and HOLD the Power button. Then PRESS AND HOLD the Power-OFF prompt.
    02-27-18 08:05 PM
    Still the same after the safe mode. Anything else that I can try. Changing the mic I think its not the solution since the calls are ok. Or are separated mic for videos and calls?
    03-24-18 08:27 AM
    Hi there,

It is simply the phone imo.

I am on my second keyone (got given a new one when I sent phone in for repair for glue melting) and I have the same issue as I had with my other one.

Went to a gig last insight and the video sound is just shocking. Mate with his Apple device can literally get 10ft away from a speaker with hardly any distortion. Using my BBKO I can't even get clear sound at the back of the venue.

By far the worst feature of the BBKO.
    Satyricrog likes this.
    07-20-18 10:30 AM
    I had exactly the same problem on my second hand Keyone. It is a hardware failure. It is caused by the failure of the noise reduction microphone on the top of Keyone (under the small hole). Somebody takes it as the hole for rejecting SIM card slot and insert the SIM card removal tool into it, which can break the microphone in the hole.
    I fixed it by replacing a spare part (a flexible PCB that includes the reduction microphone, a distance sensor and a LED, about 50 RMB in China).
    You can also confirm this microphone failure by recording a video horizontally (rotate your screen 90 degree), in this way the phone uses the top microphone and the bottom microphone as left and right channels respectively. You can replay the video with a headphone (anything that plays two channels). You will hear good audio in one channel (maybe right ear, from the bottom microphone) but nothing on the other channel (from the top microphone).
    Good luck!
    Why the audio in video recording is so POOR-qq-20180721101946.jpg
    FF22 likes this.
    07-20-18 09:21 PM