We've all seen the BB mobile applogies and then CBK adding other messages of support for the K1. You must be cringing privately

I feel sorry for CBK and the team who've put their reputation on the Line openly supporting and partnering this device and launch.
    I really hope TCL and the customer service networks start improving quality because a single device flopping badly may ruin what little is left of the BB legacy and reputation of the brand.

And that would be a pity and a jolly bad show for fans and everyone involved.
    Wouldn't it?
    07-11-17 04:40 PM
    We've all seen the BB mobile applogies and then CBK adding other messages of support for the K1. You must be cringing privately

I feel sorry for CBK and the team who've put their reputation on the Line openly supporting and partnering this device and launch.
    I really hope TCL and the customer service networks start improving quality because a single device flopping badly may ruin what little is left of the BB legacy and reputation of the brand.

And that would be a pity and a jolly bad show for fans and everyone involved.
    Wouldn't it?
    Awwwwww seven hells!!!!

Send a damn raven to the NORTH!!!

Those bastards at TCL will bend the knee!!!!

Who is tve most embarrasssed and disappointed?-robert_baratheon_hbo.jpg
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    07-11-17 04:52 PM
    Who says it's flopping?, maybe it's selling like hotcakes and this is a super busy forum. Most keyone owners don't have any complaints.
    07-11-17 04:54 PM
    I don't feel that there is any reason to blame anyone or feel sorry for them at all. The issues at factories where the phones are assembled are being addressed.

This type of problem happens to all phone models, not just the KEYone.
    07-11-17 05:00 PM
    Oh no, there's nothing wrong with these phones. Here, look at these flying from the roof of a car.

"We added glue"

See? they took care of the thing that was wrong. Which apparently was nothing.
    evodevo69 likes this.
    07-11-17 05:07 PM
    I don't feel sorry for anyone haha this is what happens sometimes, and it's not like anyone thinks less of cbk or anyone else because they supported the KEYone or got the year of sponsorship for the site.
    07-11-17 05:18 PM
    Oh no, there's nothing wrong with these phones. Here, look at these flying from the roof of a car.

"We added glue"

My thoughts exactly - like a normal company, they must have for sure done an internal review of returned units and had an executive team (instead of the workers at the factory) scrutinize recent units off the assembly line - discovered a flaw that was missed during preproduction that had a tighter hands on assembly process, and now they're correcting said flaw.

That being said however...

I'm waiting for someone to come in and suggest TCL initially "had to respond" to the jerryrig video and then they had no other choice but to come up with a follow-up statement because of the bad press from jerry and the "small handful" of users on crackberry claiming their screens fell out.

Basically you'll still hear the argument that this is only for PR and that "like all other phones, you'll have a small handful of failures"

Like the LG bootloop, Note 7 battery, iPhone 6 weak steel and frame design - these were isolated cases too...LOL

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 05:47 PM
    I feel sad that there's people who spend so much time thinking about this stuff. I'm just using and enjoying my KEYᵒⁿᵉ... *shrugs*
    07-11-17 06:09 PM

"We added glue"

So why has not every single KEYᵒⁿᵉ sold thus far had their screens fall out? Some did, they've owned up to it and it's time for you to get over it.
    07-11-17 06:19 PM
    I remember when the Classic had double typing and yet I bought it. And loved it. I remember when the Priv had heating issues and "bendgate". I bought it and loved it, no problems. I took a leap of faith and got the KEYone with additional insure (like all of my other devices) and am loving it so far. Life is too short to point blame or make fun of others. Any new model will have problems. What matters to me is that the company acknowledges it and does right by me. My son is getting his Dtek50 replaced for the third time. He is not upset because BlackBerry took care of the replacement immediately.
    07-11-17 06:31 PM
    So why has not every single KEYᵒⁿᵉ sold thus far had their screens fall out? Some did, they've owned up to it and it's time for you to get over it.
    Good question - did every single Note 7 explode?

Posted via CB10
    07-11-17 06:39 PM
    These issues are temporary. The real test will be the initial build quality of the Key 2. Its a bit premature to write off TCL, dontcha think?
    07-11-17 06:41 PM
    These issues are temporary. The real test will be the initial build quality of the Key 2. Its a bit premature to write off TCL, dontcha think?
    What KEYtwo? They've still got two other devices to release and by then decide if they want another PKB or Slider.....LOL
    07-11-17 06:44 PM
    What KEYtwo? They've still got two other devices to release and by then decide if they want another PKB or Slider.....LOL
    Naturally, but we already know that TCL can produce good slabs like they did with the DTEKs. That's why the K2 will be the test. They should have learned a few lessons by then. As far as a slider goes ... let's just call that the 'leisure suit' of smartphone fashion best left for museums.
    07-11-17 06:58 PM
    Although, OP. I see where you are coming from, It's not flopping by any means. Coming from corp, they have done a good job at keeping information flow at zero - with less corporate talk and exposure, they have quietly in a way resolved the screen lift issue. (we hope). Our company has the same strategy at damage control.

I do agree the lack of "un-favorable" reporting on the front page etc. does places CB in that "do your own research" category.
    Last edited by john_v; 07-11-17 at 07:29 PM.
    07-11-17 07:00 PM
    I'm neither embarrassed nor disappointed. I love my KEYone, and IF there is an issue with mine, I will follow the warranty return procedures. In the meantime, I recognize that others have issues, as other early-adopters of most other first-run devices have endured. So far mine hasn't lifted, bent, or exploded, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm too busy to worry about all of the other drama around what at the end of the day is a device. Pricey, yes, but not the be-all-and-end-all of my existence.

If anything, I'm impressed by the level of interest I'm seeing from others that see and handle my KEYone. Most comments have been positive, which is something I haven't been able to say for the last few years I've been a BlackBerry fan.
    07-11-17 07:22 PM
    If anything, I'm impressed by the level of interest I'm seeing from others that see and handle my KEYone. Most comments have been positive, which is something I haven't been able to say for the last few years I've been a BlackBerry fan.
    100%. PP was interesting but not a mainstream device. K1 has everyones eyes open, only if they pushed a bit better component list, I charge every night anyway. I almost had few people go or it, but in US...no carrier support/lease no sell for majority.
    john_v likes this.
    07-11-17 07:42 PM

Yep. Same here. I've not had a negative comment out in the real world. Lots of people impressed with it, and usually the first thing they say is "I loved my old BlackBerries" or something to that extent.

Only negativity I'm hearing is here from the nattering nabobs of negativity.
    07-11-17 07:53 PM
    My thoughts exactly - like a normal company, they must have for sure done an internal review of returned units and had an executive team (instead of the workers at the factory) scrutinize recent units off the assembly line - discovered a flaw that was missed during preproduction that had a tighter hands on assembly process, and now they're correcting said flaw.

That being said however...

I'm waiting for someone to come in and suggest TCL initially "had to respond" to the jerryrig video and then they had no other choice but to come up with a follow-up statement because of the bad press from jerry and the "small handful" of users on crackberry claiming their screens fell out.

Basically you'll still hear the argument that this is only for PR and that "like all other phones, you'll have a small handful of failures"

Like the LG bootloop, Note 7 battery, iPhone 6 weak steel and frame design - these were isolated cases too...LOL

Posted via CB10
    But let's just end this - if you want to believe it's just a small handful of devices with screen failures and that there was no manufacturing problem, that's fine. Maybe you and CBK and everyone else who has a flawless K1 are correct.
    If you want to continue it, let's do it in the thread we've had the discussion in, and not play games. I dropped it and liked your post, because of the above statement.

This thread is nothing but an invite to personally attack the host of the site, whether the OP intended it or not. For that reason, I'm calling it closed.
    07-11-17 08:17 PM