Phone dropped from about 3 feet and landed face down and screen cracked, despite the screen protector. Where can I get to replace with oem corning glass?
    Had never dropped or damaged a phone since 1996.
    Thanks.
    10-14-18 09:58 PM
    Phone dropped from about 3 feet and landed face down and screen cracked, despite the screen protector. Where can I get to replace with oem corning glass?
    Had never dropped or damaged a phone since 1996.
    Thanks.
    You can't just replace the glass, you will need to replace the whole screen assembly. Suggest you take to a repair outfit and ask for a quote. You could do it yourself but you're looking at buying a new LCD screen (which are available online) and then some disassembly and obvious reassembly.
    10-14-18 10:23 PM
    I did it myself after I jumped on a pogo stick and my KEYone jumped out of my pocket. It was in a case, but it landed just right to be just wrong.

I found mine one eBay (USA). It shipped out of California. I ended up getting two, the first one lasted about 6 days and died. I was able to get a no charge replacement, yes it was a hassle and I need to send the "new" one back, but I'm still using the second new screen. You need the screen and digitizer.

I've got a tool kit with many tools and pry pieces for electronics. But I needed to purchase some double sided tape to secure the new screen.

I watched a couple tear down videos online and gave it a go.

Thankfully my Q10 still works, so I had a device while waiting.

I am not a small electronics professional. I have been tearing apart and building PCs for many years so I figured I could do it.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-15-18 09:38 AM
    there's a Texas repair shop that has experience with blackberry that made the PRIV tear down video on youtube. Look there and find the address and phone number.
    10-15-18 10:21 AM
    thanks so much for the tips and help, good folks. please keep sending 'em my way
    10-15-18 06:35 PM
    I have a black edition KEYone that needs its screen replaced. I took it to a Mobilifix store in a local mall here in Edmonton and they quoted me $250 parts and labour! That turned me off from that idea; instead, I found an OEM replacement screen and digitizer online for about $50 and will attempt the repair myself. I watched a video of the screen replacement and doesn't look too hard at all.

Last edited by conbrio29; 12-09-18 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added video link
    12-09-18 02:41 PM