I'm in Northeast Ohio. I have a two-year-old Key1 which I obtained through AT&T. I've had no technical problems with the device, and am generally very happy with it.

However...

I've noticed that the back panel of the phone is coming loose. It appears a couple of the tabs that snap the back into place may have broken.

I took it to my local AT&T store in an effort to find some way of getting a replacement back panel, but the sales drone I spoke with had never even seen a Blackberry, much less found a way of servicing one. (This store, by the way, is a "corporate" AT&T location. They should know...). He claimed there was nothing AT&T could do.

I'd welcome any suggestions for having the device serviced.
    06-17-19 11:35 AM
    I'm in Northeast Ohio. I have a two-year-old Key1 which I obtained through AT&T. I've had no technical problems with the device, and am generally very happy with it.

However...

I've noticed that the back panel of the phone is coming loose. It appears a couple of the tabs that snap the back into place may have broken.

I took it to my local AT&T store in an effort to find some way of getting a replacement back panel, but the sales drone I spoke with had never even seen a Blackberry, much less found a way of servicing one. (This store, by the way, is a "corporate" AT&T location. They should know...). He claimed there was nothing AT&T could do.

https://www.amazon.com/iPartsBuy-Cam...UvbUpU13405033
    06-17-19 01:29 PM

However...

I would just get one on eBay.

It's also a good opportunity to get one that doesn't have the AT&T logo on it lol
    06-17-19 02:32 PM
    I'm a bit surprised by this. I'd expect this treatment at a local dealer but not a COR store. didn't even offer you insurance options?
    06-17-19 04:37 PM
    make sure to get familiar with the delicate and proper sequence of snapping the back cover into place..you'll find one or two "how to" on YouTube.
    06-17-19 05:23 PM
    make sure to get familiar with the delicate and proper sequence of snapping the back cover into place..you'll find one or two "how to" on YouTube.
    Yeah I tore down a KEYone and it's not the easiest thing to clip correctly back into place but there's a trick, it's possible.
    06-17-19 07:00 PM
    I'm a bit surprised by this. I'd expect this treatment at a local dealer but not a COR store. didn't even offer you insurance options?
    Not to excuse, but it’s only sold online with AT&T so it’s really not surprising.
    06-17-19 08:58 PM
    Not to excuse, but it’s only sold online with AT&T so it’s really not surprising.
    It's not like Carrier Stores stock replacement parts for the most common phones either...
    06-18-19 08:33 AM
    It's not like Carrier Stores stock replacement parts for the most common phones either...
    Next you're going to tell me that the AutoZone down the street isn't going to have parts for my 1968 Skoda 1000 MB (a Czech-made car)! That's crazy! LOL.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    06-18-19 06:38 PM