I just got a Keyone and I can't figure this out.

I only have like 10 local contacts. I only want to use local contacts and turned off Syncing for all the other accounts (Gmail etc).

The Phone app and WhatsApp and another messenger have access to my Contacts. I have over 400 people on my WhatsApps now. I think this happened after I added a work email account. For some reason it doesn't ask you about Sync when you set up the account, but turns everything on automatically and then you have to manually unsync (super annoying). So maybe somehow they got synced initially, but after turning it off I only have the 10 local contacts in my Contacts app.

I only want the people in my Contacts app listed in the Phone and other messengers. I don't even know where these other people are stored and I can't seem to get rid of them.

What am I doing wrong here?
    06-03-17 08:03 PM
    Same. I have triples of everyone and random ppl who replied from Kijiji stored too!! So annoying and I don't know how to get rid of em except one by one
    06-03-17 08:19 PM
    Following to see what answers you get.
    06-03-17 08:19 PM
    Same. I have triples of everyone and random ppl who replied from Kijiji stored too!! So annoying and I don't know how to get rid of em except one by one
    The thing is, I've turned off Contact permissions, then those apps had 0 contacts -- then re-enabled, hoping to get it to resync properly but it goes back to the list of 100s of people I don't know. So it's being stored somewhere outside of the actual app (WhatsApp/Phone) if it gets them back, but they are not in Contacts. I have no idea what's going on.
    06-03-17 08:30 PM
    I think I figured it out. Contacts updated for me today. I removed duplicates and then click on Sim contacts and now appear to be singles! Woooo check for an update
    06-03-17 08:33 PM