10-01-16 02:45 AM
    Done!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-16 07:27 AM
    If BlackBerry really wants to maximize sales of Mercury in Q4 of its fiscal year, then it must be announced later this month, and be available for sale in time for the Christmas season. A lot of 2-year contracts, like those who bought the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in 2014 will be done by then.

Posted via CB10 on my VZW  Z30 STA100-3 | 10.3.2.2813
    10-01-16 11:21 AM
    Maybe BlackBerry should listen
    Ha ha that is the funniest thing I've ever heard. No offense.

"BlackBerry " and the word "listen" in the same sentence lol. On the ground rolling, laughing trying to catch my breath. Ha ha OMG air! air!

I'm sure they won't release it cause Chen has to listen to the board and I have lost all confidence in them. They've made one bad decision after another and so far we have not seen the end. Just cause they are in a financial position due to cuts due to bad decisions is not progress to me.

Bottom line.....don't expect much

Posted via CB10
    anon(9100201) likes this.
    10-01-16 03:46 PM
    They should call it the BlackBerry Hybrid so they don't have to outsource the pkb

Forgiven
    10-13-16 02:42 PM
    How about a passport running full android like the priv and dtek sweeeet

Forgiven
    Exactly!!!! A Passport with full android access will be a phenomenal pairing!!!!
    10-23-16 07:30 PM
    Exactly!!!! A Passport with full android access will be a phenomenal pairing!!!!
    Then I would just stick with the Classic until it dies, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-23-16 10:58 PM
    Done!
    10-24-16 03:12 PM
    Updated Priv with Android and the Mercury dual launch. Along with launch of the Dtek50 bb10 and cancellation of Leap.

Posted via CB10
    10-24-16 04:57 PM
    Then I would just stick with the Classic until it dies, lol.

Yep that's it!
    My contract is due to renewal since last month and I'm very tempted to order a 2nd spare Classic with it, mind you my 1st spare Classic from Jan/2016 is still hibernate unused with all it's stickers on it brand new in it's box.
    Still rocking my very 1st Classic from Dec/2014 as main device and a Passport as micro-Tablet at home.
    Yeah the Classic just rock's no doubt about that.
    By the way I don't like the Mercury form factor just don't look right, not even to mention the wrong OS that'll come with it either.

Posted either via -Passport SQW100-1 or -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    10-25-16 02:27 PM
    Updated Priv with Android and the Mercury dual launch. Along with launch of the Dtek50 bb10 and cancellation of Leap.

Posted via CB10
    Griffin2012 and Plazmic Flame like this.
    10-25-16 02:42 PM
    Marty made it clear today that BlackBerry was not releasing another device. He does expect partners to release new BlackBerry devices.... but so far it just the one Indonesian partner.

So I expect the Mercury will be filed away with many of the other prototypes that never made the cut.

Do think there will be "a" PKB phone release somewhere in the world with the BlackBerry name... but when or if you can buy one, that is a big question mark.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-25-16 03:00 PM
    they said they plan on releasing it in the next six months from october. This would place it in early 2016, i hope it has great specs.
    hoping it has like
    6gb ram
    821 qualcomm
    21mp back, 8mp front
    fingerprint
    usb-c
    500+ ppi
    5 inch would be a perfect size
    capacitive keys
    front facing speaker
    curved screen
    extremely optimistic
    10-25-16 06:44 PM
    they said they plan on releasing it in the next six months from october. This would place it in early 2016, i hope it has great specs.
    hoping it has like
    6gb ram
    821 qualcomm
    21mp back, 8mp front
    fingerprint
    usb-c
    500+ ppi
    capacitive keys
    front facing speaker
    curved screen
    extremely optimistic
    Yeah! Just keep dreaming!
    10-26-16 12:53 AM
    Yeah! Just keep dreaming!
    All that for $199 I bet!

Vladislavt likes this.
    10-26-16 12:55 AM
    hoping it has like
    6gb ram
    821 qualcomm
    21mp back, 8mp front
    fingerprint
    usb-c
    500+ ppi
    capacitive keys
    front facing speaker
    curved screen
    extremely optimistic
    Yes months ago they did say they would be releasing the Mercury by the end of the fiscal year.... between now and then, things have changed. Chen announced they were getting out of the hardware business (design, manufacturing, distributing and selling) and would only be licensing their IP. Now there were questions about products already in the pipeline... and Chen said he had not decided on the Mercury. But yesterday Marty Beard said that the DTEK60 was the last phone that BlackBerry would release.

Yes the Mercury may still come... but it will be released by someone else and so far they don't seem to have anyone lined up to do it. So it's doubtful you would see this phone anytime soon... if ever.
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    10-26-16 07:50 AM
    Well if no new original BlackBerry device with OS10 will be released in 2017 I may well get another Classic for spare instead of skipping this rebranded noname devices poping up here and there with a BlackBerry logo stamped on the back running the wrong OS, namely the "Google ad-OS" with some randomised security patches.
    The Classic is just a very reliable device as it is nothing wrong with it,just would wish BlackBerry would give us a Classic2 with upgraded hardware.

10-26-16 08:08 AM
    Yes the Mercury may still come... but it will be released by someone else and so far they don't seem to have anyone lined up to do it. So it's doubtful you would see this phone anytime soon... if ever.
    I'll probably buy a Priv in 6-9 months if that is the case.
    10-26-16 08:23 AM
    Well if no new original BlackBerry device with OS10 will be released in 2017 I may well get another Classic for spare instead of skipping this rebranded noname devices poping up here and there with a BlackBerry logo stamped on the back running the wrong OS, namely the "Google ad-OS" with some randomised security patches.
    The Classic is just a very reliable device as it is nothing wrong with it,just would wish BlackBerry would give us a Classic2 with upgraded hardware.

Then you better go ahead and buy a Classic now... as they aren't many places you can buy one anymore. If you wait till the middle of 2017 to figure out there are no more BB10 phones coming... might be only used phones available
    JeepBB and cgk like this.
    10-26-16 08:41 AM
    Well if no new original BlackBerry device with OS10 will be released in 2017
    given they got out of hardware yesterday (with the release of the Dtek60) and got out of BB10 production in.. 2015, I'd go buy that Priv. Or wait for a Palm Pre 4.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-26-16 02:06 PM
    And you can get a Passport cheap than a Classic now... much better buy, for how ever long inventory last.

I think some "investors" buy up this old inventory and then knowing the nature of BlackBerry users... start marking it up.
    10-26-16 02:18 PM
    hoping it has like
    6gb ram
    821 qualcomm
    21mp back, 8mp front
    fingerprint
    usb-c
    500+ ppi
    capacitive keys
    front facing speaker
    curved screen
    extremely optimistic
    Thats the LEAST we can expect. But since it's going to be 2017 it better be a flying 3d hyper virtual reality smartphone!
    10-26-16 02:32 PM
72 123