Watching Amazon and Walmart but still no carrier-free KeyONE available in Canada. The question is whether I should buy the US version and drive to the border for pickup or if sometime in the near future the unlocked KeyONE will finally be available in BlackBerry's home country?

Unlocked? Why would I want that? To use Koodo. I have my Q10 on Rogers and I'm ready to leave both. I could snag a Priv for 6 months if it's going to be that long.
    08-12-17 02:14 PM
    No one knows for sure. But it won't be six months. I'd look toward September. Up to you what you want to do in that timeframe.
    08-12-17 05:58 PM
    If you buy one from Telus, it will work with Koodo as well without being unlocked because Koodo is part of Telus and uses the same network.
    08-12-17 06:40 PM
    I wish it will be available before Labour Day long wknd.

Posted via CB10
    08-12-17 06:51 PM
    If you buy one from Telus, it will work with Koodo as well without being unlocked because Koodo is part of Telus and uses the same network.
    Unfortunately... I've been with Telus since 89 and with all my Loyalty and Retention perks and credits...they still can't upgrade two of my accounts to KEYones because they have nothing in stock and even looking through their direct inventory channels, NO info on or any new shipment dates...
    Last edited by qphone; 08-12-17 at 08:36 PM.
    08-12-17 08:22 PM
    I messaged Walmart Canada on Facebook today and they said mid-August. Now, that might very well be true but we won't know how many they'll have in stock.
    08-12-17 08:42 PM
    I didn't think it would be out when we were told so I bought direct from bell, unlocked it and couldn't be happier with the device. soooooo painful waiting for general release. I couldn't do it. #itsnotright #nofair #canada
    08-12-17 08:55 PM
    FYI. I ordered my phone from Telus online July 21st. Just got an email today saying my phone was shipped August 11th. Exactly 3 weeks from when the order was placed. Should be here August 16th. Using a Koodo SIM in a Telus Passport right now. No unlocking required. Killed the Priv several times over and finally had to retire it.
    08-14-17 11:17 AM