Using the video I tried to replicate the issues and couldn't. Mine doesn't have this bug. Based on other posts not all K1's have it. I wonder if it's associated with only certain variants. I have a SE -3 version on VZW.
    Great! So my phone is uniquely defective and is a candidate for replacement?
    09-22-18 10:51 PM
    Good luck with that. They barely service the KEY² warranty and you expect them to attend a KEYᵒⁿᵉ issue? Heck I know someone with a screen pop issue on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, a problem they publicly acknowledged, and they refuse to repair their device at no charge....
    09-22-18 10:55 PM
    Good luck with that. They barely service the KEY² warranty and you expect them to attend a KEYᵒⁿᵉ issue? Heck I know someone with a screen pop issue on a KEYᵒⁿᵉ, a problem they publicly acknowledged, and they refuse to repair their device at no charge....
    Great! So my phone is uniquely defective and a candidate for a Frisbee? Or skipping stone? It's turning into the printer from office space... it's only the keyboard that doesn't work! Who needs that?
    09-23-18 12:43 AM
    No one said that. I have no doubt others have it as well, but obviously not ALL have it. That's the reason I was speculating on it being associated with certain models or variants, as some other bugs have been.
    09-23-18 03:12 AM
    No one said that. I have no doubt others have it as well, but obviously not ALL have it. That's the reason I was speculating on it being associated with certain models or variants, as some other bugs have been.
    So what you're saying is that they need to do a batch recall on these defective devices? If this Blackberry were a car, I'd say the steering wheel was defective.
    09-23-18 07:03 AM
    We have a fix for those two issues in today's beta release of BlackBerry Keyboard 3.4.1.16150. Thank you for the helpful video.
    Hello LiamQ,

This still isn't fixed, your team shipped keyboards with defective software. What is my recourse?
    10-03-18 02:23 AM
    Hello LiamQ,

This still isn't fixed
    Which version of BlackBerry Keyboard are you using?
    10-03-18 02:27 AM
    ce serait la semaine des quatre jeudis, mdr...
    10-03-18 04:24 AM
    ce serait la semaine des quatre jeudis, mdr...
    Coming soon
    10-03-18 07:16 AM
    Which version of BlackBerry Keyboard are you using?
    3.4.0.15917 updated by default from the appstore.
    10-03-18 11:06 PM
    3.4.0.15917 updated by default from the appstore.
    We're testing a fix in the beta version. We hope to release it to non-beta users within a couple weeks.
    10-04-18 12:34 AM
    We're testing a fix in the beta version. We hope to release it to non-beta users within a couple weeks.
    It's been a couple of weeks... how is it coming?
    The_Passporter likes this.
    10-19-18 04:17 AM
    The word substitution bug is apparently a tough one to fix. BlackBerry has been working on it for months, and they've released several updates that were supposed to fix it, but for some people (like me) it still exists.

One thing that makes this bug less bad - the KeyOne doesn't require daily reboots like the Priv did, so I go through the list after every security update and uncheck about 20 entries. Sucks, but I'm not angry because someone is, in fact, working on it.
    Years actually, we were promised a fix in October... of 17.
    10-19-18 07:54 AM
    It's been a couple of weeks... how is it coming?
    It's looking good in our testing. We're just trying to squeeze in one more bug fix before releasing.
    10-19-18 01:22 PM
    I had it rarely rear its ugly head on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ which has gone for Advanced Exchange & now with the spiffy newish one they sent it's there always...

both are:

KEYone BBB100-1
    PRD-63116-001 on ABD796
    10-19-18 02:13 PM
    I had it rarely rear its ugly head on my KEYᵒⁿᵉ which has gone for Advanced Exchange & now with the spiffy newish one they sent it's there always...

both are:

KEYone BBB100-1
    PRD-63116-001 on ABD796
    "Communication device" except, you know, the keyboard doesn't work...
    10-19-18 09:50 PM
    It's looking good in our testing. We're just trying to squeeze in one more bug fix before releasing.
    What is the release date of the patch? What bugs does it fix specifically? The word substitution bug is especially vexing, I've turned all gestures off.

Could I test it?
    10-21-18 05:50 AM
    What is the release date of the patch? What bugs does it fix specifically? The word substitution bug is especially vexing, I've turned all gestures off.

Could I test it?
    You can test it by joining the BlackBerry Keyboard beta program at https://www.blackberry.com/beta

We're aiming to release for non-beta users next week. We do sometimes delay releases when we find bugs though, so don't be mad if it takes longer.

We do not have a fix for the "Always use this Capitalization" issue in this release. We do have longer-term efforts to address that, but don't expect that issue to be fixed this year.

I don't have a full list of fixes, but I think we have improved 3 of your specific complaints.
    FF22 likes this.
    10-25-18 02:54 PM
    You can test it by joining the BlackBerry Keyboard beta program at https://www.blackberry.com/beta

We're aiming to release for non-beta users next week. We do sometimes delay releases when we find bugs though, so don't be mad if it takes longer.

We do not have a fix for the "Always use this Capitalization" issue in this release. We do have longer-term efforts to address that, but don't expect that issue to be fixed this year.

I don't have a full list of fixes, but I think we have improved 3 of your specific complaints.
    Has the issue below been addressed in a recent release? Had this issue on my KEYone. I recently got a KEY2 and tested it just to humor myself and it does the same thing. Thanks for any info

When I have words already typed then try to add a word between 2, if I have the cursor is right next to the right word and there's no space, when I start typing it combines with the left word. Arg. So if I want to add words I have to have the cursor nearest to the left word then add a space, then type
    11-14-18 10:22 AM
    For a brief time, I thought that the word substitution bug had been fixed with the Oreo update. Alas, less than a month later it's back.

If it can't be fixed the way it is, can you at least change the default to unchecked for "Always use this capitalization"?
    11-14-18 01:46 PM
45 12