Hi All,

If possible what is the most effective way of transferring Whats , chat history from Passport to Key One?

Thanks
    10-19-17 04:21 PM
    Pretty simple.
    Go into WA. Do a backup on google drive. When done shut down phone and change sim.
    Install WA on K1 and it will recognize a backup on google drive and it will restore automatically. All messages, pics and videos..
    10-20-17 02:32 AM
    Hi All,

If possible what is the most effective way of transferring Whats , chat history from Passport to Key One?

Thanks
    Bb10 version of whatsapp has the option export (beta).. Just press it and wait for everything to be exported to the sd card. Once done, pop your sd card into the keyone. Then move the backup folder to internal memory, and install whatsapp. Proceed accordingly and it will automatically search for backup.
    10-20-17 06:19 AM
    so google drive has to be installed on the BB10 device?
    12-12-17 12:07 AM
    Pretty simple.
    Go into WA. Do a backup on google drive. When done shut down phone and change sim.
    Install WA on K1 and it will recognize a backup on google drive and it will restore automatically. All messages, pics and videos..
    where does it say "back up to google drive"?? where do I find that option?
    12-13-17 11:12 AM
    where does it say "back up to google drive"?? where do I find that option?
    I didn't catch the date of the last post so I apologize if this reply is coming too late.
    If you open WhatsApp on your phone and swipe down from the top of the screen, click on "settings" and "media settings" and you'll see an option which says "export conversations for Android." It doesn't appear that this will save it directly to Google Drive; what it appears to do is create a backup file which may be opened in the Android platform. There are a few warning messages in that window which states that this feature is unsupported and that the messages may not be correctly restored. Good luck. I will attempt this shortly as I transfer from my Q10 to a KeyOne so I will report back as soon as possible.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-18-17 02:27 PM