I'm just wondering what's it's like as I'm typing this on my passport sitting on my garden patio enjoying the sun and have no trouble seeing the screen. Going to upgrade around October when my contract is due for renewal so would like to know what you guys are experiencing. Looking forward to either of the K1 /K2 and will be checking out all of the K2 forum once it's in the hands of CB user's. Thanks in advance.

Posted via my Awesome passport
    05-28-18 05:40 AM
    might as well wait for the key2. I really like my normal key1 but the screen isn't very bright compared to the key1 black edition.
    05-28-18 04:32 PM
    in full sun, with my key1 I have some troubles. need to take sunglasses off to see some stuff.
    I wish it were brigher
    05-28-18 06:22 PM
    KEYone doesn't compare to Passport in the bright sun - or the dark, for that matter. If this is important to you, I'd wait to see if the KEYtwo does a better job with the screen display.
    05-28-18 07:06 PM
    Do you setup the auto-bright mode or manually setup the level of brightness? I think mine is bright enough under sun.
    Jonathan R likes this.
    05-28-18 07:53 PM
    I manually set bright levels and sometimes have trouble seeing in bright, bright sun but that's the price I pay for a battery that's still over 50% at the end of the day.
    05-28-18 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the replies folks. I will be looking out for the K2 and comparing that with the black edition K1.
    05-29-18 12:11 AM
    The one on my the passport is brighter. And when turned on full brightness the passport changes the contrast of the black colors to make it even better visible in the sun.
    05-29-18 12:14 AM
    might as well wait for the key2. I really like my normal key1 but the screen isn't very bright compared to the key1 black edition.
    so the black edition is brighter than normal one? I had both but with a big time gap in between, so I can't really remember. Did anyone compare them both side by side with auto brightness turned off?
    05-29-18 12:15 AM
    so the black edition is brighter than normal one? I had both but with a big time gap in between, so I can't really remember. Did anyone compare them both side by side with auto brightness turned off?
    Silver was brighter but not markedly so
    05-29-18 12:22 AM